Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Aug 27, 2018.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I love him.

Now you know.

electrickeeper and BalanceUT repped this.
  2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    When you look at some of the guys who didn't play yesterday (Son, Lamela, Sanchez, Wanyama), we have a pretty strong squad. It will be hard to displace Lucas if he keeps going like this. You could see he was dangerous last year, but now with a summer to settle in - wow.

3. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Prior to us signing Lucas I always thought of him as a bit like Aaron Lennon - blistering pace, stays high up and wide, basically having one job (give the left back fits).

I quite liked the starting lineup yesterday on paper, having a genuine wide right option meaning that Alli can be in his preferred central position just off Kane, and Eriksen playing the narrow left that he played so well in the past. However, it was interesting how the game developed; we looked so much better when Eriksen came narrow right, Alli narrow left and Moura everywhere. It's yet another big plus for Pochettino - his ability to analyse the game on the go and adapt is spot on, and credit the players for being good enough to take the instruction and win the game at a canter in the end.

4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who was it carping on us not having improved because we didn't sign anyone in the summer window?Sometimes it just means nurturing the Winter signings over the summer to equate to a summer signing.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Me! LOL. However, there is no greater feeling in sport than when your favourite team proves you wrong...

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South Korea in the finals

it will be kinda like a new signing when Son comes back. hopefully with a gold medal + military exemption

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does it say about how important Moura has been when I hadn't even thought about Son being gone?

Could it be we have the makings of rotation among our forwards? We can rest them some so late season fades are less likely?

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think our season will depend on a few players who didn't feature as much as I thought they would last year. They are:

Lucas, Lamela, Winks, Wanyama. Rose and Aurier.

We will have injuries and suspensions like anyone else and Poch will need to rotate, so If these players can come in or even force their way into the starting XI and make an impact, look out.

9. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Exactly this, but also Alderweireld. None of these were in the first 11 last season, so that's a full 18 (plus Vorm makes 19, Sissoko 20 at a push).

Last season depth pushed us a bit - this year maybe not so much.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    For me Alderweireld is a no-brainer (as 'Appy 'Arry would say) to be in the XI. Vorm as back-up keeper concerns me, I wish we had gone after a better option in goal to spell Hugo. I still don't know what purpose Sissoko serves except to annoy me every time he gives the ball away.

11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Interesting. Vorm as backup is one of favorite things* about this squad. It'd be a tough task to upgrade upon him when one knows - barring injury and domestic cups - he's literally never going to play.

just my opinion, of course.

*in retrospect, that's one helluva exaggeration. But I do like having him.

BalanceUT and Count Chocula repped this.
  12. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now may be the time to offer Alderweireld a contract that keeps him at Tottenham for a few years.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    bump

cleansheetbsc repped this.
  14. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Instant legend.

BalanceUT repped this.
  15. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I can tell, he has not surpassed Son. Nobody is willing to have his babies. ;)

Count Chocula and BalanceUT repped this.
  17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Just in under the wire (Indiana time): Happy birthday Lucas! Turned 30 today. I love him, me. We will stuff Chelsea tomorrow, and when I see him celebrating - whether he plays or not - I will love him even more.

... I've had a couple.

18. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I'm surprised he stayed with us after not being selected for the CL final against Liverpool. He banged in 3 in the semi against Ajax and was dropped for an unfit Kane. Stupidest decision ever by Poch. Lucas can be our match winner.