Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm assuming neither would Zidane. Which young player did he take under his wing and made a star out of? Ceballos - out, Llorente - out, Kovacic - out, Morata - out, Mariano - out. Looking at what Zidane allegedly wished for, he wanted a squad full of players at their peak, not guys like Vinicius, Rodrigo and Brahim.

People are giving Kroos all types of shit but he was a fixed starter under him, moreso than he is now under Solari, we're talking playing whenever healthy, while all the other midfield players mentioned had between 400-700 minute seasons.

If he wanted Mbappe, Pogba, and Hazard to stay last summer, sorry, but that isn't possible. But the PSG job is opening so he might want to consider that.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  2. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Perez needs to be surrounded by the right people.

Does he have a right hand man

it seems his surrounded by YES men

3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He’s not 18 looking for a way into football.

He’s been at this for many years and not to mention running a multi billion company.

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And still its clear he doesn't have a clue about football related matters. Used to be he would just pay any amount for the designated best player in the world, but that trick isn't working anymore. In fact in summer 2018 he couldn't convince the reigning balon d' or to stay at the club and the future winner, Modric, was also looking for a way out.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Should have logged on to bigsoccer where the real football authority hangs around.

6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Perez will thank you for your input one day.

nexus11313 repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The silver lining, if you can call it that, is that now everyone has time to think about the future. I don't mind the reports of screaming matches in the locker room, let them get it out of the system. EVERYONE has their fair share of blame this season.

As a club we have months to plan ahead and make deals happen. The players have plenty of time to reflect and even consider different options.

It's not gonna be easy for Florentino because apart from Zidane there's no clear option that everyone wants.

Deep Pal, Doni, Nathanial Essex and 4 others repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Flo has made mistakes, but a lot of good things too and he has ensured the club will be self sustainable and at the top in terms of revenue making it easier for presidents to follow in the future. Hopefully not presidents like Calderon who stole from the club and tried to cover it up by getting Atletico fans to vote his financial statements in the General Assembly.

Deep Pal, Eddie and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Flo has made some mistakes and acted arrogantly, but he has been a blessing to us in this decade. It's easy to criticize him but he has overall done a magnificent job

Umar, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  10. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #1810 Varnagel, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    In the grand scheme of things, people won't remember much of Flo's failures.

He's easily Real Madrid's best president ever since Santiago Bernabeu.

There isn't anyone who has been flawless in whatever their job is.

Umar, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. I mean I would ;) but in history perspective the success or failure is what counts and he has more CL success than any president or club.
    still, all of this could have been avoided.

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's total bullshit. Seedorf "broke out as a promising player" at Ajax when he was part of their 1995 CL winning team.

He moved here under Capello won the league and in 1998, bam, another CL, in 2000 another one. He lost his place and we signed Figo.

But, wow, the mendacity. But I get it, got to make it seem like we were like Chelsea before Flo arrived.

Says everything that he's having to go back 20 years to try and prove that his decisions last year were just as bad as someone elses.

But let's not pretend the club "needs" Flo. He didn't sign Raul, didn't sign Roberto Carlos, didn't sign Ronaldo, didn't sign Marcelo and probably never wins shit without the best coaches of their generations (Del Bosque, Ancelotti, etc.).

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fierro looks Wikipedia and sees Seedorf left in 2000. He doesn't know Seedorf left in January 2000 so wasn't even around to win the 2000 CL. You are a joke lol. Figo was obviously signed much later after Sanz lost the elections. This struggling to pay wages part is 100% true. I have seen socios who supported the club long before Florentino came in say the same.

-Reivax-, Umar, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Dutch midfielder had been a Champions League winner with Real in 1998, his second success in the competition after helping Ajax to victory as a teenager in 1995, and was thriving. But financial trouble at the Bernabeu saw him sold to raise funds.

Narrating a social media video chronicling the transfer to Inter, Seedorf explained, "I heard that the club was discussing my transfer with some other clubs - Roma, Arsenal and Manchester (United)

"The club needed money and I was the highest ticket for them to sell, so we decided to [part] ways," he added.

"I got the phone call from Marcello Lippi. I was in Rio de Janeiro (on holiday) at that point - he woke me up actually - I said, 'Hello, who is this?'."

https://www.90min.com/posts/5718478...-real-madrid-for-inter-milan-in-december-1999

Seedorf with an agenda to make it seem like we were in financial trouble too.

15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't have to check wiki because I already know the story. I've been a fan of the club since the 98' final. Seedorf was a bona fide star which is why he was bought by the club, not the other way around.

Struggling to pay wages but buying a new training ground for half a billion dollars. There's a lot more to the story but it sounds a lot like a club who was struggling to pay transfer fees and had to sell its all time leading scorer to afford stadium upgrades.

Let Flo tell the story and it was a doomsday scenario but the truth is the club was on the verge of winning its second CL in 3 years and would win another with the backbone of that team still together. It was Flo who broke it all up to satisfy his obsession for British men.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't know what you are rambling about. Flo sold the old training ground for 480 ME first. You have been a fan since 1998 and yet doesn't even know Seedorf was at Inter already when RM won the CL in 2000.

2Magia2 repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Hasn't he won the CL with the most number of clubs of any player? Amazing player not sure how well he's doing as a coach. Maybe needs to say things like that to stay in the limelight.

Digital repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His stint at Milan wasn’t great that’s for sure

temesgen repped this.
  19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah but there's a difference between a former player using a checkered history of the club to keep himself relevant and the club's current president doing the same.

That's some shady ass low life shit on Flo's part to drag the clubs reputation through the mud just so he looks clean in comparison.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol do you realize that's not Flo's official account? :D

-Reivax-, Ahmadi8, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  21. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was about to say...
    The guy hardly knows English and I'm not sure he's even the type that have Twitter account.

Halycon repped this.
  22. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AHAHAHAHAH FIERRO BACK AT IT AGAIN. Like Perez would say something like that publicly, ON twitter, in ENGLISH. lol.

23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BTW, kudus to him for swallowing his pride and calling Zidane.
    I'm sure he had to bow down to get Zidane back.

24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks Mr. President for selling the greatest CL player ever.

25. Marco B.

Marco B. Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Jun 2, 2018
    He had no choice. Player didn't want to play in RM anymore.

Hsain85 repped this.