Lonestars DA

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by VioletCrown, Sep 27, 2011.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw on the MLS news forum that the USSF DA has released their end-of-year ratings of the various teams in the USSF DA. I've only tracked down our own local team to see where they rate, and I don't know how they compare to the rest of the teams, but their overall rating was 1 1/2 stars. Now, keep in mind that the rating system rates Ajax and Barcelona at 5 stars, so I guess the rating isn't actually that shocking. But to give you an idea, they're competing in a group with FC Dallas, which rated 4 stars, and didn't have any of the seven criteria below 3. But also have Andromeda in their division, who rated only 1 star.

There's a LOT in the PDF, too much to absorb while I should be doing other things. Anyway, some interesting stuff, and gives you a little of an idea of how the local 'best club' stacks up compared to other clubs.

The Soccer America article on it has the link to the USSF website, and is a nice overview of the whole thing.

2. dtid

dtid Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Don't take the FC Dallas rating too hard - that was the highest rating in all of the DA. Your point about Andromeda is a good one. Granted, the Dallas Texans had a high rating as well, but few of the DA clubs across the board were that high.