Lonestar

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Alejo, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok lads I'm now going to go ahead and make the biggest pitch yet for Lonestar as, at the least the army's anthem.

The song talks about someone reaching out, looking up for something to hold on to, something to hope for in difficult times, something to shine on them.

"This feeling, i'm, trying to fight, it's dark and I think that I would give anything, for you to shine down on me."

I am totally convinced now that Lonestar is our song lads. We are in a football wasteland, we are in tough economic times, and I think the Aztex and their bonny little star, in some small way, will be that which we can reach out to and grab, look up at and hope.

[​IMG]

Wall Street slides on bank fears and bleak sales

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyqYfFtLhd8&feature=related"]YouTube - Lonestar[/ame][​IMG]

2. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone was against it per se. Were they?

3. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No not at all. But at the same time Violet seemed to be the only other Chantico, beside myself, that seemed to have an audable opinion. I just whanted to pitch it harder soo some of you lads would at least speak up about it.

4. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. Ok. I'm for it then.

5. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol well that makes three then, almost a majority. ;)

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I could turn this into a hope for the pressent, and the not soo distant future thread.

When I watched the Celtic fans on the youtube videos documenting the 2003 Uefa final I couldn't help but think, today, of the old bible quote that goes.

"Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in their midst." :)

7. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ok. Alejo.
    Ive been debating for awhile whether or not i like 'lonestar' for an anthem. Ive tried imagining what it would sound like sung by a crowd, and ive got to say that i think it will be an awesome song to sing before games. The song has grown on me more than i thought it would. It has a universal quality, that even honky's, tejanos, and young hipsters would enjoy. if that makes any sense.

Norah jones also has some lonestar credientials, as she got her music degree from U of North Texas in Denton.

so im for it.

Im not even into folk per se. but i enjoyed this version as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFcHbCKsxbA"]YouTube - Lonestar (Norah Jones - cover)[/ame]

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many thanks, AFC, for that find.

Hearing it in a male voice helps me imagine it as our song a little easier.

9. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, people are starting to listen to me. :eek:

now for some comparison lets see what you guys think with these two gems along side it and see if the feeling ,and emmotion, is on an equal level. And be nice all you eurosnobs amongst us.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswzfXR0ydE&feature=relate"][/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDcPFxKhz14&feature=related"]YouTube - I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnanNAZbCYk&feature=related"]YouTube - liverpool anthem[/ame]

10. Rangerus

Rangerus Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Falls City TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is basketball, but as for fan chanting, it is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beDg2Iy_mSQ"]YouTube - gate 13[/ame]

11. explosionsinthesky

explosionsinthesky New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, like i said before thats the kind of intensity needed to make a great atmosphere. I really wouldn't want to do YNWA or Blowing bubbles, but i would gladly sing lonestar if the intensity was on par with liverpool singing YNWA. Somehow I hope that we could make our own chants and are even better and chatchier than the ones in europe.

not a lens fan. but they sing this well.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxAcSZZt6lU"]YouTube - Soccers chants"What are you singing?""We sing Go Lens!"[/ame]

12. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This scares me.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHas38WdhP0"]YouTube - Pipi Langstrumpf Eintracht Frankfurt - Newcastle United[/ame]

13. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I consider these guys our biggest enemy in the usl.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISxNURopKOM"]YouTube - Portland Timbers Army[/ame]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Austin's own Leslie Cochran. vs. this guy from oregon.
    Remember Kay rawlins wanted to try to get a mascot for the team. I'll just leave it at that.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I don't know about "enemies" I mean the Marquis has been very friendly on the blogs. personally I see them more as a kindred than a potential adverserry.
    Besides we know who's weirder, and who's got the better drag queen. I mean, dude the Oregon guy isn't even wearing a thong. It takes a true girlie man ta wear a manthong. :D

And hey you say that Frankfurt chant scares you AustinFC well check this out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4F8M3PpvwE"]YouTube - Frankfurt Supporters[/ame]

16. explosionsinthesky

Jan 16, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My eyes!....................My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. RoteHerr

RoteHerr New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOOD AFTERNOON FUTBOL/SOCCER FANS!

I’m sure many of you are aware of the exciting developments happening right here in Capitol City on the professional soccer front. But if not, let me fill you in. Austin now has a fully professional soccer franchise called the Austin Aztex FC, that will play in the United Soccer Leagues (USL) First Division beginning in April. Other First Division teams we’ll be competing against include Atlanta, Miami, Puerto Rico, Cleveland, Charleston, Rochester, Vancouver, Portland, Minnesota, Montreal and Carolina. And to kick the season off, the Aztex are bringing three of the best teams in Major League Soccer to Austin for exhibition matches beginning Feb. 28th with the New England Revolution, and then the Columbus Crew and Houston Dynamo!
    OK, are you getting hooked Fanaticos? The 2009 season will be played at Nelson Field but then we’ll move to House Park on Lamar for 2010. AND there are plans to build a soccer-specific stadium in Austin for our Aztex.
    Finally, our fan development organization, Aztex Nation, is allowing the development of Fan Krewes to support our team. Before games, the different Fan Krewes will gather beneath the stadium, and then just before the player intros and National Anthem, the Krewes will be introduced and will storm into the stadium one by one building excitement for the match.
    Gotcha yet? If not, look at the following link for more info. on the Aztex, season tix, the USL, etc. http://www.austinaztex.com/.
    And by the way we have affiliate clubs in the English Premier League, Stokes City FC, and the Liga Mexicana, Rayados FC de Monterrey.
    If you’re interested in Krewe membership, you’re invited to contact myself, Mike Hastie mhastie@austin.rr.com, John Bayreaux jbayreaux@bestline.net, Megan Czepiel Megan.Czepiel@smail.astate.edu or Tony McGary, tmcgary@bestline.net. We’ll be forming a large loud exciting Krewe (not yet named, although we got some excellent name suggestions from Alejo on this thread! I particularly like Aztexans and LSD), and will have a strong presence when we host the Revs on 2/28.
    OK Fanaticos, join us in welcoming Futbol to it’s new home in Central Texas; let’s ROCK IT and ROLL IT Austintacious Style. Bring your drums, trumpets, red/blue flags, banners, air horns and passion for Austin Aztex soccer. Our Krewe's flag will be at least 9' x 12' with horizontal red/blue stripes and the soon to be famous go"Aztec Pyramid A." ARRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIBBBAAAAAA AZTEX NATION!

PS: If you want to found your own Krewe, (but why would you when you can join the best?) contact Hugh Bender, coordinator of Aztex Nation at hbender@austinaztex.com or 512-983-7596.

18. explosionsinthesky

Jan 16, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm down for Lone Star Delinquents. and I will die if we actually get a ss stadium with a downtown location.

19. RoteHerr

RoteHerr New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude! Email one of our from LSD and join the Krewe; our's will be the best and loudest!

Mike, John, Tony and Megan; Up the Aztex!

20. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well lad. It sounds like you and your lot are going to be quiet busy.

As for the flag, I would have preffered it ta be vertical red and white stripes, but thats just me and if it's all ready been made then forget it all togethor.

Also we wont be playing Atlanta this year, just sows ya know, but other than that I hope half of what you are saying about the "storming of the stadium" and such is right.

bottom line count me in, especially if it's going to be called LSD, but as I said in a private e-mail I still think that it would be better for you lot to join Chantico's Army, at least as an associate supporters section, just soo the collective voice of The Aztex Nation is not spread out between potentially competing Krewes.

Anyway, UP THE RAW UP THE RAW HAROO HAROO HAROO.

21. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    forgot to mention, getting this forum back on track, if Lonestar is chosen as an Anthem, I think all of the krewes, supporters sections, etc. should be in their sector/sectors before the players even make their entrance soo that it can be sung before they are introduced and the anthem is played.

Also I forgot to mention that all of you are more than invited to come down to Opale divines on Feb. 7 around 4:30pm and at the least just hang with Chantico's army. I really think, as an associate group or not, that your Krewe and Chantico's Army should at least have a very close and personal understanding. And if you whant to meet at an earlier time than that, or contact our website manager mathew gray, just head to

chanticosarmy.com and you'll find all the info you'll need.

22. RoteHerr

RoteHerr New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Lone Star,

You've got to be Scottish or English, man! I'm hoping Scottish. Actually, Hugh Bender ,coordiantor for Aztex Nation, very much wants different Krewes in different parts of the stadium to compete for best fan zone. The idea is to build up to a united Aztex Nation, but for the first 2-3 years to use Krewes to stir up the excitiement in amd around the stadium until we reach a fanatico level that pervades the stadium. Arriba Aztex! Arriba Futbol! Arriba Weird City!

23. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting idea, hope it doesn't back fire in some way.

24. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how it could backfire. But I do disagree with Hugh's idea. As far as I can tell (and maybe I'm being excessively pessimistic) we're looking at a handful of groups with a half dozen people each in them. Having them scattered around the stadium trying really hard to be loud has a good chance of just being pathetic.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic here, and maybe I should wait and see how many show up in a couple weeks, but as a first guess, I think we should take a cue from the Crew and cram everyone in the same area. The more there are in once place being loud and enthusiastic, the better the chance of things sticking and being impressive, I think. It would also look a lot better on TV and in highlights.

25. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well said VioletCrown. I totally agree with you on this one.