Liverpool vs Spurs, PL, Sun Oct. 27, 12:30 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The only injured player we have is Lloris. It will be interesting to see what the gaffer does about the players he left out on Tuesday (Alderweireld, Rose and Eriksen). This is the first of back to back away fixtures on Merseyside as we play Everton next Sunday at Goodison. Successes for us at Anfield come around about as frequently as Haley's comet.

2. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would be nice if they conceded an early penalty because of a dubious handball decision.

I don't watch them much but they seem ridiculously lucky in recent years. Late goals, questionable decisions, opponent errors seem to go their way. Us being Spurs, we usually deliver on that last one.

3. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Expected nothing from this game and still I'm a little disappointed. Have to give credit to the players for the guts they showed today although they should've shown this level of fight against Brighton, Watford, Newcastle, Bayern....

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    So true, so true. Serge Aurier = effing pylon.

5. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Aurier was a tad unlucky, but his goal difference must be approaching double digits.

As for everyone but Aurier, play like that more often.

6. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    JFC, I'm starting to think ESPN have an agenda. No notification of the Kane goal, but multiple for the Liverpool goals and the final whistle. Next one was 'Spurs players disappoint in player ratings'.

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    pylons don't make as many mistakes.

8. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Disappointed. Lots of people are pointing at the stats as to how "outplayed" we were, but the game was set up like that because we were ahead for such a long time - given we had a lead to defend against a seriously good side, trying to hold onto it is a legitimate tactic and 70-30 possession doesn't mean anything.

Kane, Son, Winks and especially Gazza come out with much credit - we still have a very good side to call on and our league position is artificially low.

If playing in a back 4, Foyth at RB please - he seems to do alright there for Argentina.

If back 3, KWP please. Just not Aurier, I think I give up on him. Too many times Serge, too many times...

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Totally agree. I’m not surprised at some of the armchair analysts, but I am surprised at people who’ve played the game. It’s like they wanted a "damn the torpedos" run just so Liverpool could run up a Rugby score.

I was impressed with the work rate and discipline and if it weren’t for Aurier’s red card or penalty every other match it would have worked too.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I thought the tactics and set up were good (with the exception of Aurier, he is beyond rubbish) and if Sonny's chance at the beginning of the 2nd half goes in, it's a much different outcome. The disappointing part is that this was the 4th game this season in which we have led at half-time and failed to win.

11. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just impressed we made it to half at 1-0 without giving up the equalizer in extra time. Knew it was coming though.. Just a matter of time for our defense to shoot itself in the foot more than once. Shame we had a few chances to get out of there with a point too.

It’s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    ESPN are the football coverage equivalent of Serge Aurier. Watching their coverage (and Aurier constantly shoot himself in the foot) gives me that awful taste of that fluoride liquid my dentist gives me to swish around my mouth.