Liverpool in the Media (Linked Articles Only) VII

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 17, 2018.

1. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    saying anything that's likely to end up taped to the wall of opposition dressing rooms makes no sense.

it's not like this is the first time Lovren been interviewed and has come out with quotes that have bitten him in the ass.

that said ... he's not responsible for some journo spinning a headline is he.

3. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A more considered response would ga w been, let’s take one game at a time as looking too far ahead is disrespectful to the next opponent. “Considered” and “Lovren” don’t seem to mix, though.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I mean I overall agree with you guys. I'm just kind of rolling my eyes at the thought that this is what will galvanize a Wolves to play the game of their lives to beat us. I would like to think that leading the pack already paints a target on your back regardless of words. Although the way most teams roll over for Citeh, I could be wrong!

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not concerned specifically about Wolves' reaction - but as we go longer unbeaten it makes that target on your back bigger for every team. let's leave even any hint of arrogance to the Mancs.

unnecessary comment from him. but most pro athletes are pretty thick so no real surprise is it.....

6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We have not played all the teams in the league yet, and he’s already talking about going the whole season unbeaten.

It’s the delusional nature of Lovren that grates. He thinks he’s better than he is and runs his mouth quite a lot when he’s done nothing yet to justify what he says. STFU is all I’d say.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Again, I agree with the sentiment and we all know Lovren needs to shut his damn mouth but he was asked a stupid question and instead of giving the canned response of "one game at a time," he said "I hope we can stay unbeaten." I just don't see it as him running to the media with his shirt off, pounding his chest yelling "nothing and no one can stop us now!!!!" Just my take. Anyway, let's roll on.

StiltonFC repped this.
  8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree 100%, burning, but he should be savvy enough no to fall into that kind of trap.

PS Hopefully in May we'll look back and wonder on how prescient he was. :)

9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That would for May. In the meantime, as burning said, let's roll.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    just came across this .... a lovely story ....

I don’t know much about football, I’m not really a fan either but my 15 year old brother is a huge fan. He’s utterly obsessed with the team and has been for about 10 years.

He has autism and big crowds/loud noises disorientate him so he’s never been able to go to a game, sadly. But for his 15th birthday my Mother wanted to take him to Anfield for his birthday on one of the club tours. She called and asked if they had quiet sessions (quite a lot of places do things like this for people who need quiet) but was told that they didn’t but asked for her contact details and a bit of info on my brother.

A couple of weeks later somebody from the club got back to her. They recognised by brother’s name as he’s always writing to the club for autographs (which always come) over the years. What they had organised is for him to go and watch the club train at Melwood.

He got a private tour of the training ground, got to watch the team training pitchside, got to meet all the players training afterwards who then ALL signed a training ball they had been playing with and presented it to him with a new LFC kit.

Didn’t just make his birthday I think it was possibly the best thing he’s ever experienced in his entire life. It was a fairly simple thing for Liverpool FC to arrange but not one they had to; it was just an act of kindness and gratitude to a big fan.

I don’t think my brother will ever stop talking about this. For that alone I’m praying that Liverpool win the league. Every time they win like today and I check the score I know my brother will be smiling and that’s good enough for me.

12. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the father of a 17-year-old son with ASD, this nearly brought tears to my eyes.

hubbabubba, newterp and SamScouse repped this.
  13. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a substitute teacher, I occasionally get an assignment in an Autism Focus class at a local high school. What has struck me is the very wide range of presenting cognitive and emotional ( if that's the correct word ) factors. Most of the students with whom I have dealt are very challenged to absorb material that we would assume to be basic curricula. Much of the instruction is done by aides rather than the teacher who apparently supervises the assignment of material to be taught.

Since there is such a wide range of presenting challenges, and since I know that there are many "special ed" students in mainstream classes, though I don't ever find out what the reason for the designation might be, I can only imagine what many of the parents of these kids face day to day.

The bottom line is that I can presume that it takes much more than a normal dose of patience to be such a parent, so, Jeff, I don't know what you go thru, but I have nothing but admiration for you.

Red Bird repped this.
  14. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for that, Stilts.

15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spot on.

17. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thinking back to last season at this time, what did most opposition fans says when we lost Cuntinho?

Apparently this.

newterp repped this.
  18. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Haven’t heard much about the little Brazilian lately...who does he play for now?

19. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Been injured, I hear. Somebody had the temerity to suggest that Barcelona fans have fallen out of love with him ;)

20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had very little to do after the Cotymatch so did waste a few of my precious minutes. It’s utterly hilarious and a bit inconsiderable amount of clickbaitery.

25. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quintessential example of a headline for a headline's sake

not bothering to read it either. It'll be 8 paragraphs of expository drivel and then 2 half-baked ideas that are made for the headline and not really an opinion supported by the first 3/4 of the article at all.