Liverpool in the Media (Linked Articles Only) VII

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 17, 2018.

1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #76 SamScouse, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I've been avoiding all that "Twaddle" from so called footy pundits saying stupid stuff to elicit even more stupid replies to justify their existence.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    imasyko, StiltonFC and Red Bird repped this.
  4. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Good article that , Sam .

SamScouse repped this.
  5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yep, it's low on the Twaddle-o-meter.

:)

6. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
  7. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yep , Hughes is well respected author and long time Red supporter . He's written a number of books on Lfc which I've been meaning to read for some time but never seem to get around to .

Among his books Red Machine, Men in White Suit, Ring of Fire and On the Brink.

9. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The article suggests that Alexander-Arnold will eventually be a midfielder at the club. I’m not sure I agree with that. Why not let him become the best right back in the world instead of just another midfielder? Fullbacks are more important now than ever. If you watch Marcelo, he dominates games for Madrid by controlling the entire left side for the field. Trent could become that type of player on our right.

You could also argue that Steven Gerrard would have been the best right back in the world if that’s the position he was played in and we would have missed out on his greatness in midfield.

10. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree , Suss that Trent could very well remain at rb and become one of the best around at that position. Having said that I watched him develop moving through the Academy ranks and dominate games as a mf'er . I've always thought that the only reason he's been played at rb was because we were weak there and it was a way to break a very young talented player into the first team.

I've always felt that Trents destiny was to play in the mf where he can exert more influence on a match cos he has that ability and will show it as he matures.Just as Joe Gomez was likely to become a cb not remain a rb either. Still think he will.

Suss repped this.
  11. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It’s a tough call. We will always have good midfielders at the club and he likely will never be needed there. Finding another right back with his skill set would be almost impossible. If we keep him at right back will we be missing out on the next great midfielder?

12. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have a soft spot for Trent, he went to the same school as me. :)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45187181

Liverpool: Why Trent Alexander-Arnold can back up the hype
    A Champions League final and a World Cup appearance at 19 years old - Trent Alexander-Arnold is doing big things at a young age.

So what is it about the Liverpool teenager that has got everyone excited?

14. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Which one was you, Sam ? :D

[​IMG]

el-capitano and Suss repped this.
  15. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Sam wasn't there, truant as usual :)

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    looks familiar - I think I taught that class actually ......

17. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    this sounds like a legit story .... lots of detail given ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iled-world-record-2bn-takeover-Liverpool.html

A cousin of Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour has failed in a stunning £2billion proposal to buy Liverpool.

Sheik Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan, an Emirati member of the family who govern Abu Dhabi, approached representatives of Liverpool's owners over the course of several months in late 2017 and into early 2018.

He then made a £2bn offer that would have constituted the most expensive takeover in the history of football.

20. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Saw these tweets from Dave Maddock on the story, Sam.

Liverpool have been looking for minority investment for several years. They have talked to Chinese investors, Arabic investors, and American investors. They have so far never been interested in a full sale, so this was always a non-starter .

Liverpool's owners been very clear: no full sale of club on any terms. They DO want a minority investor like City's deal with Chinese, who bought 13% of City Football Group. That will provide funds to compete with City. Still the plan and talks with at least 3 parties.

21. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/24/roma-fan-jailed-violence-liverpool-champions-league

An Italian football fan has been jailed for two-and-a-half years after an outbreak of violence before the Champions League semi-final which left a Liverpool fan seriously injured.

Roma supporter Daniele Sciusco, 29, from Rome, admitted violent disorder ahead of the Anfield match on 24 April. On Friday, Preston Crown Court heard that Irish Liverpool fan Sean Cox, 53, was still in a serious condition after suffering a head injury in the violence - although Sciusco was not directly involved in causing his injuries.

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #98 Red Bird, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    I reckon FSG have gradually realised how much potential for growth the club still has and is no mood to miss out on that. If that £2 billion offer is true, that would be 5 times what FSG paid for the club in the first instance. Hell of a note!

I quite like what the owners are doing. After a few false steps, they have made Liverpool able to afford to pay £75 million for a centre-half, £54 million for a goalkeeper and break the £40 million barrier for a player three more times, all this without using their own money at all.

Suss and SamScouse repped this.
  24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Huge difference from the 2 crooks, eh?

delaynomo repped this.
  25. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Absolutely. I "fume" when I hear FSG being criticised for not putting its own money in; I much prefer that it doesn't but manages the club in a prudent manner making it both self-sufficient and successful.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.