Liverpool FC vs The Bitters - FA Cup - Jan 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 3, 2020.

1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... their finishing was shit, hit the ball right at him.
    But yeah he did well on the day.

2. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Still he made the saves he needed to make...and had decent distribution...can’t ask for any more than that...:thumbsup:

delaynomo repped this.
  3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he was really good.

CB-West repped this.
  4. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    One thing that hasn't received huge amounts of attention is the role Lallana played when Milner went off. It was a real captain's inspirational role. He wasn't everywhere on the pitch, but he was constantly barking orders, helping out when and where he could. He did do a good job in the midfield and the stranglehold we took on that area of the game in the second half was down in no short measure to Lallana's influence. I had forgotten that he was captain at Southampton before his transfer and his performance yesterday showed that.

It's been a while since we've seen him at his best, but his performance yesterday might have been the biggest hidden gem for the remainder of the season. Now stay injury free.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How much fun was that - dancing with random strangers in the pub when Jones' goal went in.

Klopp instills the belief and the kids were brilliant.

Lallana - what a match!

bayred, usscouse, zaqualung and 2 others repped this.
  6. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    what a game, what a win for the reds!

many thanks to every member of the team who was on the pitch. i'm so happy by their performance, i should be proud of our 2nd team. now i can claim that Liverpool have a decent 2nd team and can fight in this competition till the final and win it.

Jones was MOTM for me followed by Adrian and Chirivella, the next Xabi Alonso!

7. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia

hahaha Klopp's reaction as he didn't believe that brilliant goal :D

kopiteinkc repped this.
  8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Snap-shots where you have to swing/fling yourself to connect with the ball are often/usually hit towards the centre of the goal...... just due to the difficulty of connecting well (either when you have to adjust stance to strike a ball or when it is coming at you rtoo quickly)... you tend to aim into the safer center area in those situations....
    The other part of this is that when striking a ball you aren't in control of, the ratio of error increases far more drastically with each off-inch that you miss the sweet spot by when striking the shot.... so you're way more likely to blaze it wide if you shoot to the wider part of the goal in such a situation.....

that's always been my experience anyway.....

Adrian is class - a keeper with lesser leg reactions wouldn't have stopped those....

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I loved his crazy diving header to stop that cross......

10. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia

hahaha indeed.

verde-rubro repped this.
  11. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I still can’t believe that West Ham let him go for the hapless Roberto.

delaynomo and SamScouse repped this.
  13. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    They’ve just re-signed Darren Randolph from ‘Boro to be their #2 (again).

14. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  16. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    What really amused me about this cup tie was the Ancelotti factor. More than a few pundits and journos who should know better (and waaaay more than a few social media “experts” - though none here) were touting the fact that because Ancelotti seemed to have Klopp’s number in recent seasons with Napoli, then it was certain doom for Liverpool in this game.

Very lazy. Having Mertens, Insigne, Milik, Koulibaly et al. is a damn sight different from having Calvert-Lewin, Walcott, Kean, Sidibe et al. It was almost as if the pundits believed it was Ancelotti vs. Klopp on the pitch.

I’d hazard a guess that Klopp might even know this Everton side better than Ancelotti, probably as a well as, anyway. And while the CL games were all close run things, in the end, who came out on top? But I do find it funny that it was taken almost as a given that Ancelotti is without any iota of a doubt, Klopp’s kryptonite.

verde-rubro and newterp repped this.