Liverpool FC vs Napoli - CL - Dec 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 9, 2018.

1. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

el-capitano repped this.
  2. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #177 Buffonfan, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    As obvious I'm not a Liverpool fan, it say in my username, as Italy is my national team (I'm more of a National team soccer watcher kind of person). But Liverpool is what make me want to watch the Premier League, it you guys that make the match lively. I don't know how to say it, it something that you guys (Liverpool) bring to the match and make people want to tune into your match to watch.

And one thing I got to say I admire Liverpool's fan, I don't know how Liverpool fans are in person/offline, but here in this forum I admire you guys, why? Because you guys "united", you guys stick together, EVEN during Liverpool lose.

That what real fans need to be you know, stick together during when the team go through hard time too. Let just say even if Liverpool lost today, I just can't picture you guys insult each others, calling each others names, or attack each others.

As you can see from the Napoli thread already, we lost the game and look how that thread become. Its okay. I just wish us Napoli's fan can become more united, instead of insult and tearing each others apart.
    oh well.

Anyways, so when is the draw for the knockout stage? I know the match won't play until Feb. But we should get the draw soon right (perhaps right in this month)? Like which team will be facing which team.
    We have one more day of CL matches tomorrow, then we will know who are the remaining 8 teams.

And I'm still upset that PSG go through, lol (I just don't like PSG). I always wanted Liverpool and Napoli go through.
    That roll around Neymar when he score 2-0 in Red Star today and I know right there it their go through ticket. :-(
    eta: and ugh... they win first in the group meaning they will get an easier draw in round 16, while Liverpool will have to face a powerhouse.

3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Draw next week I believe.

4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He really should have taken the ball to the corner and not shot at all.

owian repped this.
  5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Goes to show just how important winning and picking up 3 points is...

6. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Salah definitely seems to have his swagger back - but he must have misplaced 12 relatively simple passes in the offensive third.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real question is why the hell was that Napoli fan having an emotional breakdown at 37 minutes into the game???

Good lord.

soccershaggy repped this.
  8. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If any fan can help confirm me this. I miss towards the end of the game, but at 92 minutes, I swear I thought I saw a Napoli player kick the ball into the net? I swear I saw the ball go in the Liverpool net. So weird.
    I'm going to try to find a replay to watch the 91-92 minutes again.

Napoli obviously doesn't do well under Liverpool pressing them, everytime Liverpool press, is Napoli lose the ball, and lose the ball, and lose the ball.

9. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It was just after Alisson's big save. They crossed the ball back in, but the Napoli player was offside and fouled Alisson, and the whistle went for the foul. From Alisson's punch away after the foul was given, they kicked it into the goal.

SamScouse and Buffonfan repped this.
  10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because he saw VvD and Allison. He knew what was coming...

11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    newterp repped this.
  12. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #187 Buffonfan, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    And Juventus right? Isn't Juventus also in the pot for the round 16 drawing also ?(I know for sure Mario goal in the last match confirm Juventus advance to the next stage already, they already top their group).

Please tell me there absolutely no way it going to be Liverpool vs Juventus right? Because I probably have a heart attack if I have to deal the anxiety going through another match like this. I have anxiety, so I know I won't deal well with a match of Liverpool going with another Italy team, just separate them please, lol. I'm still recovering from Napoli lost, I can't handle Juventus lost too. (Italy already lost Inter Miland and Napoli in this CL).

13. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I can't believe that they had 52% possession.
    Our guys did an incredible job hurrying them and dispossessing them in their half.
    It makes you forget all the chances we missed :).
    Alisson came up big...AGAIN.

You win a group and then you have to play Liverpool - a daunting proposition.

14. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Beyond Salah & Becker, I thought Bobby had a brilliant match. Just sayin'. What a stonkingly fantastic match, ta!

Wingtips1 repped this.
  15. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Monday, mate:rolleyes:

16. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I quite like Napoli, actually, despite its having that mad chairman. Some great players in there and Ancelotti is real gent but three into two can't, unfortunately.

17. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Thought Napoli and Ancelotti did very well and the group was going to be hard on somebody with three quality sides in it. But I saw Ken's post and went over to their board to see what he was talking about, yikes what a pussy crew. Support your team win or lose fer crissakes.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey guys, sorry to invade your forum, but on a scale of 1 to 10, how good has Gigi been for you guys all season???

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he studied what happens in Euro games at Anfield. :)

el-capitano, usscouse and newterp repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    overall about 8.5. in some games better than that.

(BTW you mean Gini, right? :)

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Thought Napoli and Ancelotti did very well and the group was going to be hard on somebody with three quality sides in it. But I saw Ken's post and went over to their board to see what he was talking about, yikes what a pussy crew. Support your team win or lose fer crissakes.

22. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Yup, and VvD's been about a 12.

SamScouse repped this.
  23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes!! Of course!!

I'm just happy he's performing for you guys, because we desperately need him for Oranje.
    We dont really have too many other MF'ers who can step up to the plate like he can.

So I'm happy you guys progressed, and I'm even happier our Dutchies played well.

Cheers!!!

usscouse and SamScouse repped this.
  24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Is it just me as an old man. Although over the years my hair has seen many styles from a buzz cut to a massive Afro.
    To think it's about time that Hamsik grows up. And does something about that moronic look of his. Or is he happy that opponents fall down laughing when he gets near them.

25. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I watched Mo's goal again this morning. If you get the chance watch the shot from behind.
    The keeper has the angle covered, Mo glances up at Mane and his foot is shaped to play across the goal. The keeper is fooled and moves to cut off the cross. Mo opens his foot and goes short side under the Keeper. Yes please!!!