Likely I/O's for Rochester

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by DoyleG, Aug 5, 2004.

1. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Who would likely invest in a team?

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me think, Kodak, Eastman or Eastman Kodak.
    Hows that for options?
    :) JK

3. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No thank you.

I'd prefer someone like B. Thomas Golisano, billionaire owner of Paychex Inc. and the newest owner of the Buffalo Sabres. But he's an avid american football fan (even offered University of Buffalo $500mill if they introduced a D1A program) so it's not likely he'll invest in the Rhinos anytime soon.

I suppose we could also go after Rochester native Malcolm Glazer.

Though it's not likely either gentlemen would invest in a corporation that is all but garuanteed to lose them money in the first 10 years.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets see you have someone who is not interested in soccer and another owner, that although from the area, actually lives in Tampa and owns the Tampa Bay Bucs. However, Glazer is interested in soccer, but he likes his soccer with English tea, ManU that is.

5. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank D of course

The current owner of the rhinos wade a ploy for the Sabers wich included several other much wealthier players in the rochester/buffalo area.

Now For me, I would really love to see Rochester get into MLS, but if Frank is not the owner I could care less. I think the reason why RRR are so damn interesting and are so close to being MLS bound is not that rochester is soccer crazy it is that the current owners and founders of the Rhinos are so good at what they do that they would be a huge asset to the league.

To me this team is what they are and where they are on the radar because of the efforts they put in.

all you have to do is hit their forums to know. The man himself is on there answering questions working with his fans. You wanna know why there are 10k there every night? Great Ownership!!!

If Bll Gates put up a billion for em I would decline in favor of DuRoss

6. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the talk of Frank and Lamar Hnt talking in the past, how about moving the KC Wiz to Rochester?

I know most Rhino fans puke at the idea of rooting for Tony Meola, but things could be worse.

That would give them a good reason to get rid of Ercoli by merely keeping Gansler on.

Or better yet, Pat can move west about 90 minutes down I-90!!!!!!