Liga del Fútbol Profesional Boliviano 14/15

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jul 10, 2014.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I didn't see a thread for this one so I decided to start one. Hopefully we can all put contribute to it whether it's news, links, videos, pictures, etc. That being said, I wanted to to say that I like the new approach LFPB is doing with regards to adding the total points for both Apertura and Clausura to determine the remaining slots for both the Copa Libertadores and the Copa Sudamerica. What I DON'T like is that a club cannot qualify in both. That's just stupid in my opinion. If a club wins both league tournaments, that club deserves more than any club to participate in both Copas. Even if the club wins just one, and ranks say, 3rd, in the overall total points, they should qualify in the other Copa. I just hope they come to their senses.

Anyway, good luck to everyone and Vamos Bolivar! :thumbsup:

2. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If a club wins both leagues, they do still get a ticket to both tournaments. Only if they win both Apertura and Clausura of the same season like 2014-2015.

I wonder how they solved the issue with Hernando Siles, they are going to close in August I believe for three months. An option was for Bolivar and The Strongest to play all away games in the first round and home games in the second round.

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    According to this, that's not the case but it is wikipedia so they may be wrong but so far all their updates have been correct.

"Para la Copa Libertadores 2016 clasificarán 3: los campeones del Apertura y Clausura, ordenados según sus posiciones finales en la tabla adjunta y el mejor colocado, sin contar a los mencionados anteriormente. Si el mismo club repitiera el título logra automáticamente el primer cupo, otorgando los restantes a los finalizados en segundo y tercer lugar.

Para la Copa Sudamericana 2016 clasificarán 4: el ganador del Apertura o Clausura con la mayor cantidad de puntos acumulados y los mejores posicionados, excluyendo a los clasificados 2 y 3 de la Copa Libertadores."​

Actually, reading it again and again, you may be right and my Spanish once again failed me. hahaha I hope for the league's sake, you are right.

4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #4 nanoGVSP, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    Speaking of Siles , I saw some video of the Bolivar Strongest match yesterday, the pitch looks like sh**. How do they expect to host a Libertadores semifinal in that type of grounds? It looks like a real mess, I can already hear the Argentinian commentators.
    Anyway the game looked interesting, seems like this kid Francisco Rodriguez that signed for Bolivar from Aurora is going to be a player. Saavedra keeps showing signs of real class. Bolivar is making good moves for the future.
    http://videobolivia.com/the-strongest-1x2-bolivar-torneo-de-invierno-2014/

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Embedded it for everyone.

7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I knew nothing about this, I knew about money that Oriente owed Destroyers for Eder Cuellar. Nothing about that mafia style intimidation, I'd like to hear the other side of the story. Oriente payed that $13,000.00 yesterday or else they would have lost points.

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    On a different note the league started and it was an exiting weekend if your team is La U de Sucre or Blooming, I think most others were just getting by or disappointed.
    To me the most disappointing was Wilster, such a investment on players, coach and only a point at home against a newbie. Quiñonez got schooled yet again in Oruro, and I guess Villegas was glad to come away with one point in Potosi.

9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the highlights from some of this weekends games, the kid for Oriente is killing it. He had a decent header for the first goal, and then and amazing one v one move to assist the second. Maygua from Bolivar also looked good, two assists. Overall it looks like a competitive league, it'll be very interesting this year.

10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Didi Torrico is back on the map, hell of a goal this weekend for Blooming who's top of the table. Big game coming this weekend Clasico w Oriente.

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.diez.com.bo/futbol/blooming-rescinde-contrato-tres-jugadores.html
    Wasn't sure where to post this article, there is a small pice where they state Alex Pontons has been cut from Blooming. Remember this kid he played in Milan academy I think, then went to a second division team in Italy, well now he has been cut by Blooming. Hope he can latch on to a team, never saw him play but if he was in Italy he should be good... Maybe?

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He was decent. I hope he goes back to Italy.

I think there's a 'issue' with kids who come back to Bolivia that were developed outside almost like there is something against them and they have to prove themselves to be better players because of it than the rest or they get cut.

I forget his name now, but the same thing happened to the kid who was developed by Bayern Munich who came back and could never find his footing in the league. Remember too Marcelo Moreno Martins too was cut from Oriente.

Some times I question the ability to develop players correctly in our league because of biases and politics.

13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You hit the nail in the head, there is no ability to develop talent. We just have so many kids with good skill that statistically some kids have to make it, even with our lack of comitment to those age brackets. If we had a system in place to develop talented players who knows how many more M3s we would have.

14. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You're thinking of Jose Luis Ortiz, According to the source below he last played in Real Potosi in 2012, it shows him as a free agent since then.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose-luis-ortiz/profil/spieler/18606

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey boys. Sorry I have been very selfish. If any of you have a smartphone. You must download ngsn it's a pay preview soccer app it has all the Bolivian league games in HD!!! I shit you not. Enjoy and be merry because the best part is that you get a 90 day free trial so you be able to watch the last 4 weeks of Bolivian league soccer before the copa America. Enjoy.

Eber1990 repped this.
  16. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    that's crazy! I'll download it right now!

Also, Gilbert Alvarez scored 2 goals today for Real Potosi, he's one of our league's top scorer with 7 goals (in term of national players only behind Yasmani Duk from Oriente who has 8). Hopefully he scores a couple more goals and jump to a better team next season. Who knows he could become an asset by the time qualifiers start at the end of the year

17. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    YO!!! this app is great and the quality is great! thanks for sharing!

18. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    How long did you know about this? And now you are telling us?? I say we all make him send each one of us money for 2 salteñas and a 6-pack for this blatant act of selfishness. Haha. Just kiddding bro! Good looks!

19. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I remember Gilbert from that U 17 squad that actually won a few games, Samuel galindo was also there. I'm not sure where Galindo is now, but the other kid from that team who is doing well Justiniano (I think that's his name). he's on loan at Nacional Potosi from Bolivar, he's a starter and has scored a few goals, seems to be growing well as a player.

20. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yuup Gilbert Alvarez, Leonel Justiniano, S Galindo were on that team. there was also a player named Cuellar who plays for universitario who I think was on that squad as well

21. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw Cuellar playing last night in against Tigres, he's pretty decent defender. Hopefully Soria gives him and the other kids a chance.

22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.diez.com.bo/futbol/escobar-no-me-veo-jugando.html
    Just wanted to share this article on Pablo Escobar. What a Efen player! More than that he's a man of his word and conviction, confidence to no end. It would benefit our national team to have him in the locker room. Seems to me like that's the kind of guy you want by your side when you're going into hostil environment. He's one of the greats.

23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Escobar is a great leader and bring a lot to the table. However he is about to be 37 years old! I saw him against Bolivar on Thursday and he can't keep up for to long. He would be a great motivator for the NT tho, and he could be good playing the first half or coming in as a sub.

24. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar Bicampeon carajo!! 20th Title!!! :cool:

25. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

The celebration, stadium packed and the streets too.
    Bolivar was the best team this year, if they sign the majority of the players the end their contracts soon they'll be the the am to beat yet again. Plus Lizio might be coming back, that would make for a strong team in Libertadores.