Lifting Sal's ban

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by P to the Wee, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and he'll become a mod and ban all the other mods

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    for the 100th time because of their actions destroying the city. How many times do you lot need this repeated? Meazza's gif sums it up perfectly, all because you guys have to save face at all costs and never hold your hands up for making a mistake.

3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really hope they are doing this because they're too proud to admit a mistake and they don't actually believe this.

I'm also disappointed in the mods that have been Pm'ing me and voicing support that are too afraid to speak up. Step up ffs. You all know who you are.

Rossonero23, BobanFan, meazza and 4 others repped this.
  4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    only to come back to wearing the 2-3 after getting his ass kicked :D

Rossonero23 and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    @Sal I can only conclude that none of your advocates actually want you back because they are doing the exact opposite of what I said will get you a fourth chance.

6. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Great points except the part that almost none of it is true.

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great, so it has a specific reference.
    Animals doesn't though.

That's distinctly a reference to appearance. Again not the same.

What if he called a white guy with a beard a fuzzy critter? Racist?

[​IMG]

lol

You get a kick out of this don't you?

Ok, so he wasn't banned for the post I mentioned. Can we see the posts where he quoted white supremist websites now?

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

Midfield General and meazza repped this.
  9. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, what I said was that he'd demonstrated that he was on the site to spar with mods first and post about soccer second. It's right back there. You can go find it. The reference was to the (perhaps) recent underlying agenda of finding hot buttons to push.

One month to two months? Sorry, I didn't notice that question earlier. I'm pretty sure I advocated for that because it was in keeping with the duration of red cards for similar racist posts by others in the past.

As I noted with meazza, you might not like the standards employed but they were used--and Sal was informed of them--as I've described. And the only standards you're offering in return is that you think he's a good guy and you want him back posting on the site. I don't doubt that, but we're not going to calibrate the whole site to that. We don't look for reasons to ban people, least of all someone who's a long time user of the site, like Sal. But there are occasions when someone demonstrates to us that they've decided to be more trouble than they are worth. Sal's performance was pretty convincing and, as dark knight points out, these afters with you guys are not likely to make us regret our decision any time soon.

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He wasn't banned the second time for a series of racist posts though.

I thought his posting history showed otherwise.

Except, his last ban was not cited to be because of "racist" posts. Maybe you're confusing the chain of events because he's been banned many times, often for no reason at all, ie; the one month extension coming after his last month long ban, which (again) was not for any racist post.

The racist post claim that you all like to keep repeating has already been debunked.

Can we see these now please?

Ok fine, you win. We can't voice our disapproval at how he was dealt with because then he'll be banned longer. Fine.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I feel bullied by that, but we get it. This site is free. It's not a democracy. We pay no taxes and there are no elected officials. It's a business and for those who have a vested interest will run it as they see fit. There's really nothing we can do about it.

So unless you decide to dig up those posts where he allegedly quoted white supremist websites, which I believe do not exist, I won't respond any longer. I'm about done with this anyway. I think we've all expressed the same thing enough times and while we never really expected it to make any difference. I believe that anyone following the conversation without bias can see the facts speak for themselves.

Take care.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Except Di Marzio :laugh:

12. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Personally I hate sal and want him gone. My plan is complete.

13. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So there's still a chance?

14. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Calcio Pauly

The alleged "white supremacist" conspiracy.

meazza and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  16. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    meazza repped this.
  17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So stats according to the US justice department figures are now racist? And here I thought the argument was stretched a bit, but this is complete fabrication.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Your response did not work then, nor does it work now. Obviously you will stick with your bias and condemn people on little basis. We live in a world of no tolerance based on idiotic rules made by people who have no common sense. I refuse to fall under such standards.

19. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Bungadiri is probably the fairest person on this site so believe your conspiracies if you want but you just sound completely ridiculous. None of you actually care about getting him back because I've said how to get him a chance and none of you have remotely bothered. As though repeatedly being hostile towards us with your delusions is remotely helpful.

I've never accused him of racism and yet y'all think that's a driving force here. I'm really close to being done and y'all are welcome to take your ball and go home. A pain in the neck poster isn't worth this abuse.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is abusing you?

23. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I have a five year old nephew. If I want to talk to someone who won't listen to logic, I'll go see him. I'm out.

Midfield General repped this.
  24. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the specific word is not addressed directly, this is worth a read, particualrly chapter 3 (which most closely pertains to the issue being repeated)
    https://anth1001.files.wordpress.co...ty_in_the_united_states_2nd_edition__2006.pdf

And there is this:
    https://www.researchgate.net/public...lk_Nasty_About_Blacks_Without_Sounding_Racist

Which is just about chapter 3 above, using different phrasing by a different author.

No, it has not been debunked, and in fact, there is research to say otherwise.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There we go, liberal secret code.