Libertadores Semifinals: Who Wins? [r]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SoccerScout, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Damn somebody is taking the bandwagon Jumping to a whole new level, sorry to brake it to you but inter is a Brazilian team, and btw isn't he a sub??

2. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Yes he is a sub. Fernandao and Sobis are 100 times better than Washon Renteria.

3. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I wouldn't get carried away like that either. I would say that Renteria is not a 90-minute player, at least not yet. But you have to admit that he has a great nose for the goal.

The Inter coach has set a rotation, and is using Renteria for the Brasileirao instead. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I don't know much about the guy, but it just strikes me as weird, to bring him up as a Gift from COlombia to the world, after a game where the star of the night was Sobis, (I"m truly impressed by that guy) Like I said before I don't know much about him, for all I know he might be the next Ronaldinho, but all I saw from him was a sub that came in and didn't really do anything worth notting.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do mexicans belive they always are the champions b4 they even play.. seriously that just makes the fall hurt even more... the bad thing is all spanish channels are controlled by the mexicans so as soon as they lose they stop showing the game.. i remember during the gold cup, when mexico played colombia they were hyping the game so much and when colombia beat them with a shit team they didnt talk about it for like 3 days and didnt have their daily sports show on telemundo... it was the funnist thing ever !!!!

any way chivas lost at home they are done.. as for inter they will beat libertad.. it will be another all brasilan final..

I rahter have inter win because Renteria plays there but either way it should be 2 great games.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    as for the whole Renteria thing he is a sub but is the leading scorer for inter with 4 goals and he plays like 5 mins a game.. so just imagine this kid when he starts playing a full game. I would prefer Sobis and Renteria because the other guy doesnt score !! but its the coachs call... o yea those who talk crap about renteria wait till he eliminates u haha

7. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

First of all he can't eliminate me because I'm not a Libertad fan, I'm happy for them but I don't jump in other people's bandwagon like that, and second of all, he has to actually play in order to do what U are saying,

As for him being such a great player , let me guess is he the next MONTAÑO?, or the next Jovany Hernandez?, or the next Pablo Angel?, funny there is always one Colombian fan, after every world cup saying How such and such player is the next SUPERSTAR, the player that is going to put Colombia over the edge and show the world what Colombia is all about. Who knows you might be right and he could someday be the next Valderrama, but in the mean time why don't you, at least wait until he gets more than 5 minutes a game, before you start lecturing us about his greatness.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he gets 5 mins a game but scores.. I dont like the player personally he played in the Gold Cup in the US and sucked ass. but for some reason he is playing well for INter, I was very suprised when they signed him.. but the facts remain he scored 4 for inter as a sub playing for less than 10 mins per game and is there leading scorer. That is all

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Only a few more hours away from game time at Morumbi I hope it's a good game for both teams no bias here. It's now or never for Chivas they must dominate the game tonight from the start. I only see Sao Paulo getting helpd

from the south american refs they seem to dislike Mexican clubs that doesn't surprise me coming from Comembol.

10. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You mexicans always believing the world is against you...

11. decom

decom New Member

May 30, 2006
    Blumenau, Brazil
    I know I'm likely to come off sounding like I'm prejudiced (which I'm not), but I don't even know why Mexican teams are on Copa Libertadores. It's a South American competition, it's organized by Conmebol, not by Concacaf, and I don't think it makes much sense that mexican teams participate on Libertadores.
    It's almost the same as AFC teams participating in the UEFA Champions League...

That stated, I have to say that I have absolutely nothing against mexican people (as a matter of fact, I don't even know any mexicans), but I think that teams should play competitions only on their own Confederations - except for stuff organized by Fifa, obviously.

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

13. decom

decom New Member

May 30, 2006
    Blumenau, Brazil
    so, what are the mexicans gonna say now?

the ref hasn't been partial at all.

was it the grass? or maybe the lighting on the stadium?

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Matter fact, Martinez should have got red carded for that pathetic hack

15. decom

decom New Member

May 30, 2006
    Blumenau, Brazil
    Don't know about that, but a yellow card was certainly due.

16. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :rolleyes:

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

17. decom

decom New Member

May 30, 2006
    Blumenau, Brazil
    Chivas who??

That's what Bautista got for saying that Lugano was violent and lacked technique (and Bautista was the one who got yellow carded for a violent foul).

18. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Libertad can win this. Guinazu will mop the floor with Lugano. :p

19. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    the brazilian teams are destroying the other teams, we start to play in the brazil era of libertadores cup.

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

got that right

I can see another final brasileira coming up

2 years

total domination by Brasil

21. decom

decom New Member

May 30, 2006
    Blumenau, Brazil

Totaly delusional post. Dream on.

The mexicans got cocky like this, and look what happened to them. Not to mention that CHivas is twice the team that Libertad is, and still got beat.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Libertad looked much more solid then Chivas in this tournament, i could see them giving us a better test then Chivas did.... if they get through Internacional ofcourse.

23. decom

decom New Member

May 30, 2006
    Blumenau, Brazil
    Sorry if I implied that Libertad is bad. I didn't mean that.
    But I still think that Chivas played better.

24. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol I dont mind, I'm not a Libertad fan.. I just think they have looked better then Chivas in this tournament.. besides their 2 games against us in the group stages they have looked nothing special.. they drew with teams like Caracas and Cienciano (at home) and got killed by a weak Santa Fe in their away game, and had trouble with a young Velez team. Libertad has looked alot better then Chivas in my opinion with only 1 loss away to River in a game that didnt matter to them.

25. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't understand why everybody is counting out Libertad for the final. A tie at home should be expected at this point of the tournament. And you CANNOT compare Libertad to Chivas because Libertad has proven to be the more consitant team. I say Libertad still has a chance, a big chance to make it to the final.