Libertadores 2011 TV coverage complaints, banter, etc. [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Mosco, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    so they are gonna air wilsterman x jaguares instead of defending champs Inter x Emelec....what a joke. Just because jaguares is mexican. How many Jaugures fans are there two dozen?

3. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thats probably 10 more than Inter or Emelec fans combined. j/k

The people who schedule games aren't dumb if Inter and Emelec got higher ratings than Jaguares they would show them live. They don't.

4. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    At Wilsterman Stadium 500 people...at the Beira Rio...50,000.....sometimes TV stations should do the RIGHT thing which would be to show the defending champs. Its a much more interesting game.

5. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats nice and all but if Fox can get a 100k for a Jaguares v Wilsterman game instead of 20k for an Inter v Emelec game guess which one they'll show?

nothing personal

strictly business

6. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:

Well then maybe they should scrap the Libertadores and show Bull Fighting, Im sure that would get 200k Mexicans to watch.

7. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think bullfighting is allowed to be shown on tv in the US

And if Fox could they'd probably only buy the rights to the games involving Mexican clubs. But they can't.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    U. Católica could turn out to be the surprise of the tournament--if they get past Gremio, I'd think--yet they are barely shown live on Fox Deportes.

Fhuck you, Fox.

9. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    FOX Deportes will have every game live beginning with the Quarterfinal Round unless two games are scheduled to kick off simultaneously.

Why?

1. No more UEFA Champions League games on weekdays after this week.

2. Club America has been eliminated.

FYI:

The ONLY team that can draw more than 150,000 viewers to a Copa Libertadores game on FOX Deportes is Club America. The rest of the teams struggle to draw even 100,000 viewers.

The U.S. Hispanic TV audience is extremely skewed toward Mexican immigrants (around 65-70%), especially those who live in the Los Angeles TV market (the 2010 U.S. census should show that there are at least 10 million documented Mexican immigrants living within 75 miles of Los Angeles.)

10. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Spoiler alert:

Executives at Globo TV in Brazil can't be happy after 4 Brazilian teams were eliminated in the Round of 16 (Octavos de Final). Only Santos remain.

FOX Sports executives can't be happy either after Club America was eliminated on Tuesday. Much of the viewership in both Mexico and the U.S. Hispanic market will disappear.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sooooo, does that mean non-Brazilian and non-Mexican teams' fans will be punished now? In other words, will non-Brazilian and non-Mexican teams not be shown???

12. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    That means Globo in Brazil (which includes SPORTV and SPORTV2) and FOX Sports in both Mexico and the U.S. Hispanic market may have to "make good" on viewership projections prior to the start of the Copa Libertadores by giving away free advertising slots during Copa Sudamericana or Liga Mexicana matches during the 2nd half of the year.

Copa Sudamericana is strictly filler for the Mexico and U.S. Hispanic markets. Look for FOX to dump the Tuesday and Wednesday night Copa Sudamericana matches (prior to the semifinal round) onto FOXsoccer.tv in the U.S. market so that FOX Deportes can air the UEFA Champions League via tape-delay instead.

Only two club teams from Latin America draw measurable viewers on FOX Deportes in the U.S. Hispanic market: Chivas Guadalajara and Club America. The rest don't sell.

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It means that they should go and take a hike.:mad:

14. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    FOX SPORTS SPANISH in the US sucks...

I hate it, it is so different from the FOX SPORTS from South America (Argentina)... They always prefer to show the guys talking about the teams like half an hour and then show a bunch of commercials..
    I've seen matches in this Copa Libertadores that have already started when the commercials stopped.. It is horrible.. They are more worried about getting more money and showing commercials than actually showing the game.. They don't even show the fans ! Besides, they are very bad comentaters in my opinion, they barely know any football besides Mexican and European... They sometimes even prefer to re-air a match already played than showing you a LIVE Copa Libertadores match, it's disguisting !!

I HATE FOX SPORTS MEXICO !!!!!! THEY SUCK

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree also.

16. johnie1

johnie1 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    cork, ireland
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just got a copy of Colo Colo V Santos from fox sports en espanol (North America). Went through the disk to discover that 18 minutes were ommited from the 1st half! Worse again, there was 18 minutes of commercials and "analysis" at "half time". Ridicilous, how can they get away with it:confused::(:mad:

17. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Mexican comentators for Fox Spanish in USA are horrible... Those 2 guys that don't even know how to comentate and do that half time analysis.. OMG I hate them so bad, why the hell do they show them ?

18. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    The Argentinean commentators should stick to calling Argentinean games. They don't even know the player's names. Mier, Olivera and Aguiar, they called them Martinuccio. So it seemed like Martinuccio was all over the place being the star.

They also make up first names as well as nicknames.

They also call Velez "Barcelona", call their players "Iniesta", "Xavi", etc. and the player of the match is always whichever Argentinean plays for the winning team.

I cannot stand them

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was that in FOX Sports? I saw it on Telefe, since now the argentine teams matches go on free to air channels and of course since it's aimed to argentines only they were biased(in contrast to FOX Sports where they were biased in favour of the foreigners except special cases), they had Vignolo(Regular on FOX Sports), Latorre(Somewhat regular on FOX Sports too), and Paolosky(Left FOX Sports last year, he's on Telefe's late night news break and hosts a noon program in ESPN+). So of course they barely said anything on Peñarol's goal. I don't really like Vignolo, I don't mind the others though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgc9vukrnw&hd=1]Peñarol's goal.[/ame]

I also liked how they had clock like in argentine league matches, marking the first half or the second half unlike what FOX Sports usually does... Sure it isn't advanced calculus but I think that way is more clear.

20. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Yea it was fox. One of the commentators was el bambino pons who is pro-penarol usually but obvously not against an argentinean team. But my problem wasnt that. My problem is that he doesnt know the players. He misses the names, he cant tell them apart and he asks about dario rodriguez's age 20x per game like if his bday wouldve been at halftime or something. He also made a "joke" anout pacheco's doping test which i didnt find amusing. So give us knowleadgable commentators, from whatever nationality

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Would Jorge Ramos works? With his references to Danubio every other second? :p

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
  23. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MN
    I have to agree. I couldn't have said it better.

Also, the HD signal on Fox Deportes is really bad. It just looks like stretched SD.

24. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Greetings I was wondering when does Libertadores start off and what teams have a spot in this upcoming tournament? Will Boca Juniors be back in this tournament scince their top of the Argentine League?

25. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Check the wikipedia page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Libertadores_2012

And Boca will most likely be in it.