LFC Summer Transfer Thread - 2017

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by newterp, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Call me a cynic but...
    Ox before Arsenal

2000–2010 Southampton youth
    2010–2011 Southampton first team

Yet another saints player really. ....surely there is a selling clause?

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    From what i've seen Keita is an upgrade on Wijnaldum for home games against packed defenses and is a perfect partner for Wijnaldum on away nights in Europe.

dcc134 repped this.
  3. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you watch the clip i posted, Keita is clearly not being used at Leipzig as a DM. there is nothing wrong with a fast DM. Makelele was reasonably quick, but Keita isn't a natural DM the way Makelele or Mascherano or Kante is.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt Klopp makes the mistake he made with Kampl twice. Keita certainly belongs into the cenral role of this midfield three. Not on the side where hes got plenty of other options

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats ok. Im always refering to the "everyone is available ideal tomorrow is CL final who's going to play?" case.

6. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Keita always played with a dedicated DM – usually Ilsanker or Demme – at Leipzig last season, so it’s more likely that he’d push Lallana or Wijnaldum out of the side. Can apparently sees his long-term future in the holding role.

Suss, bayern is god and Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  7. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Can needs to hold on to the ball more often

Kieta has been pinpointed along with Ox?.....kieta is more of a necessity at the moment for obvious reasons

And with de Boer taking over at Palace, I doubt he will want Sakho even at a reduced price

8. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
  9. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Since Keita has the buy out clause for next summer, it might make sense to offer a figure slightly higher than the buy out clause and allow him to stay at Leipzig one more season.

This way we are getting him for a reasonable price, and Leipzig gets what they want as well. My fear is that if we don't secure a deal now, every big club in Europe will be after him next summer. Although the ideal scenario is that he is playing at Anfield this season.

10. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    lol, you get many ppl forming opinions of players using YouTube clips

11. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only similarities between Kante and Keita are their African heritage and they make their respective teams significantly better.

I'm pretty confident we'll get both VVD and Keita. The PR cycle on both of those deals is slowly grinding in our direction.

VVD: no PL sanction, CFC reportedly bidding, so he is clearly on the market. VVD wants LFC, new manager wants his own player. they are signing and new CB. We offer a bit more, Soton can't refuse higher offer, so deal is done for 55 plus 10 or 15 in add-ons.

Keita, RB says he isn't for sale at any price. Keita says he's up for the move, RB says, well pay us stupid money. We say either sell to us this year, or get less next summer when his clause in effect and Bayern sign him. RB sell to us for 50m plus 10 or 15 in add-ons.

12. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Kieta and VVD would effectively conclude Klopps major signings and I doubt Mbappe/OX would be even spoken of after that

13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But I wouldn't be opposed to Mbappe getting signed, too.

14. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Mbappe would cost a kings ransom but there's something about the boy, he could become a top top player

15. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they're losing him for 48M next season why would they take anything near that right now? He's worth more to them in the mean time and they aren't exactly hurting for money.

He's going to cost a lot this summer.

16. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Neither is Henderson!

17. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he's grown into the role pretty well, when healthy.

Why would you handcuff your all-action midfielder by having him play the holding role? Let him loose in the prem IMO, he can make everyone else's job easier.

18. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thnk Hendo fell into that role because of some physical limitations, plus Lucas had a couple of knocks. i can't remember all the details, but Henderson's ability to play multiple positions was a plus.

Keita would be a pressing workhorse who can get forward very effectively. he's a perfect fit, but as EH said, he doesn't look like a holding midfielder.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    they run the risk of him getting injured and being worth nothing next year.

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean... that doesn't seem like a very likely outcome. Anyone could get injured, but how many injuries decimate a player's value? Gundogan just went for a lot, Carroll went for a club record while he was injured, etc.

If they just rehabbed him, he'd probably just hit the same 48M fee the next season.

21. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Henderson's ability to play multiple positions was a plus
    That's the only point I'm making about Keita - I'm not trying to say he must play DM at all times!

Keita would be a pressing workhorse who can get forward very effectively
    Which is exactly what Henderson was! Both can play DM if and when needed.

What they end up doing depends on what formation Klopp has in mind.

22. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    but that's true for any player at any club all the time.

23. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Midfield would be getting pretty crowded were we to add Keita. Sure would give Klopptions formationally.

24. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    ......Coutinho........................

.........................Keita.............

................Hendo....................

Hendo would probably play Deepest.

Keita as the Box to Box MF.

Coutinho as the 10/8 Hybrid.

Given this Set Up,The Role of the B2B becomes so very crucial to get up and down tirelessly and Klopp feels Keita's Engine can allow us to attack Incessantly yet maintaining Defensive Shape.

Sir Niney, Suss and StiltonFC repped this.
  25. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Given Hendo's Injury History and Can's knack for going off the Boil and being hampered by Consistency Issues,Our Midfield Craves that Touch of Class which Keita should Provide Instantly.

Think Madrid - Kroos and Modric,Think Bayern - Thiago and Vidal,Think Barca - Rakitic and Busquets,Think PSG - Veratti and Matuidi..Those are the Midfields we should be up Against next year and We are Definitely Soft.