Leyouth Al-Rafidain (Iraq U-19 national team) - 2015-17 [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still it's quite possibly to be that young and be included in the squad , Karamoko Dembele got game time at 13 years old for Celtic Under 20s . Maybe the reports suggest that we was signed up for those clubs but did he really play for the first team?

Iraqilambo repped this.
  2. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    it was said that he was born in 1992 it came from the iraqi press last year his career details are in a earlier post he started playing for nasariyah fc in 2011 we dont have 14 and 15 yrolds in the league in iraq in the top div. or 2nd div/ yes a player can start at 17 but not 12 and nassariyah are a good club level

3. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    it was said that he was born in 1992 it came from the iraqi press last year his career details are in a earlier post he started playing for nasariyah fc in 2011 we dont have 14 and 15 yrolds in the league in iraq in the top div. or 2nd div/ yes a player can start at 17 but not 12 and nassariyah are a good club level

4. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Like I said, it is possible, but it's rare. Those two cases you mentioned are two of the only teams I have heard about it happening in European football. And in both those cases, the media has made a really big deal out of it because it's unusual for it to happen.

But in Iraq, almost every player supposedly starts playing first team football at 14 or 15. It's not similar to Odegaard or Dembele in European football because in Iraqi football it happens with almost all the players, not just a few special cases. And what makes me think that in most cases it's age fraud rather than just the Iraqi league being a lower level, is in Iraq they're not playing a few minutes here and there like in the AC Milan example, they're mostly playing week in week out against players 10-20 years older than them for an entire season. Is it realistic to expect 14/15 year olds to compete every week like that against players much older? Or is it more realistic to think that actually they're not 14/15 years old. I would say the latter. It even happens at the top Iraqi clubs, like the case of Hassan Ali Kadhim who played regularly and scored for Al-Shorta (one of the biggest clubs in the whole Iraq) last season at supposedly 14-15 years of age.

Kurdii110 repped this.
  5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We will face either Saudi Arabia (if we tie or beat Vietnam) or Bahrain (if we lose to Vietnam)

6. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not worried about facing either of those teams. This U19 team is solid.

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq tied Vietnam 0-0 and will face Saudi Arabia in the QF.

Meanwhile many allegations that this so called 'youth' team consists of 23 and 24 year old players. I'm tired and done with it. From the coach, to the federation, to the players. Nobody is willing to invest in the future. They only want short term success.

Abbas Attiya, the U19 coach, promised that he would drop the overaged players. What did he do? Recall them for the tournament. Enough is enough.

I will stop cheering for this team until we get rid of age fraud.

Oh and I have a message for all members from BigSoccer and other forums (Yes, PFDC members I know you guys are reading this):

We Iraqis dislike age fraud and have nothing to do with it. It's our federation + government that is holding on to it because it benefits them. Don't judge the normal Iraqi fan.

Birdman79, Kroosinator and Iraqipower repped this.
  8. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    this unfortunate truthes why change when everything is working for everyone irak gets money from winning tournaments, the federation is accepted as successful and the coach and players are seen to be winners in the eyes of the fans for many people there is nothing wrong but its a lie we need to stop age fraud and get better football fields in iraq

9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's very simple. The only way to get rid of age fraud is to get banned. As much as I hate to say it, because Iraq means a lot for me, but this is wrong from every aspect.

If being banned means getting rid of the age fraud forever, then I'll take it.

Iraqipower and irak101 repped this.
  10. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Will never happen.

If Nigeria and other african countries never get banned, then we won't either.

I personally am not concerned that much with it. We're not the only ones who do it, and the amount of years overage our players are is negligible. African countries commit blatant age fraud all the time, but they still have amazing national teams and they produce world class players regularly.

Age fraud is a problem, but it's not that big of one.

Kroosinator repped this.
  11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #36 Suren01, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    I agree with you that we have bigger problems than that, but it's still holding us back which is very disappointing. What is worse is that we gain absolutely nothing. I don't care about youth achievements. What I want is actual youth development, to be integrated into the senior NT.

I have to say though, we have many talented players who are playing with their real ages. My respect goes out to them. I believe there are improvements going on regarding overaged players, but we have to get rid of it completely.

If anyone has questions about certain players, feel free to ask me here or DM me. I know a lot about the players and their real ages.

12. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    only the backward third world countries do this age fraud, northkorea, iraq, nigeria, ghana and other african countries not any good teams or improved nations, portugal, iceland, chile, paraguay do they do it?

Amazing, Brazil, Argentina Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan, Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Iceland, South Korea, Australia, uzbekstan, (tell me what is the definition of amazing, teams like nigeria, ghana, guinea, south africa,) and also its not negligble when you have most of our players doing it lets see what players we have in the team and from the years who aer using different passport ages, mohammed hameed, alaa mhawi, saad natiq, ahmed ibrahem, dhurgahm ismael, ali adnan, hammadi ahmed, ali abbas, amjed kalaf, saad abdulameer, alaa abdulzahra, mohammed gassid, ali adulhassan, amjed waleed, ali hosni, ali bahjat, mustafa nadhem, ali rehema, samal saeed, sameh saeed, salam shaker, ali lateef, karrar jasim, hussein abdulwahed, ali qasim, mahdi kameel, mazen fayyadh, noor sabri, faisal jasim, essam yaseen, amjad attwan, bashar resan hummam tareq, mohannad abdulraheem, ayemen hussein, younes mahmood, mohamed jabbar shawkan and more play using not their real ages yes very negligble its why our country is backwards this mentality, negligible very funny

13. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Please re-read what I wrote.

Funny that you consider a team like Iceland as amazing, but not Nigeria and Ghana who have produced incredible players over the years and made big impacts in world class teams in europe.

You don't know what I meant by negligent obviously.

Let me explain for you:

Look at Ali Adnan. What's his official birth year? 1993. What's the real birth year? Allegedly 1991. That's a small 2 year difference which makes little difference. It's the same story with guys like Dhurgham, Humam, Sherko, etc...

Negligible difference. 1-2 years is not going to be the difference between a world class player and an average one.

Your list is also misinformed. Ali Husni is using his real age, and for many of the rest it's just hearsay with no actual proof.

It's soo clear that this level of age fraud is not significant. Guys like Younis Mahmoud, Salam Shakir, Noor Sabri, Ali Rehema, etc... all changed their ages by 4-5 years, but they played well into their late 30s at a good level.

If a player is good then he's good. Doesn't matter how old he is. Football is about results.

Back to my Africa example, look at Nigeria.

They participate in the world cup every time since the 90s, and it's not easy to qualify from Africa. They also have huge age fraud questions for a long time. They had Nwankwo Kanu who was 9 years overage but still had a fantastic career in top level football. There was Taribo West who had a great career as well, making it into teams like Inter and Milan, and this guy was allegedy 12 years overaged. Obafemi Martins is 7 years over and he won Serie A and a Coppa Italia for Inter along with so many other trophies and last season he was toying with the MLS.

Again, a good player is a good player. Age is a number.

Making our players say their 24 instead of 22 is not going to get us to a world cup. Only proper planning, preparations and hiring the rights staff will do it.

Age fraud happens everywhere. It happens throughout Asia, it happens in africa and yes, also south america. Any place where there is corruption and bribery you can expect age fraud to happen.

Some Iraqi fans have just hung up on this issue and their getting worked up over it and it's insane.

There are bigger battles than this.

Instead of arguing about age fraud we should be asking where all the government funding to the FA is.

We should ask why we always have 60+ IFA members travelling with the team for every single friendly.

We should be asking why we don't have a proper youth development framework in Iraq.

We should be asking why our infrastructure for grassroots football is so poor.

We should be asking why our FA keeps burning bridges with people who could be huge assets for our team like Zico, Gonzalo, even the Swedish company MatchWorldSport who set up big friendlies for us against teams like Chile and Brazil for little cost.

These are the issues we should be thinking about. The age fraud stuff is nothing.

14. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    ok so i can cheat 20% on my exam questions because you say this is negligible (50% is that negligible or not)? cheating 1 or two years the same,

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think the difference between us and Nigeria, Ghana etc is that they have a solid base of expatriate players. We don't have that luxury.

Our youth teams are considered feeder teams for the NT, so we have to make sure that we have players with the correct ages so they develop in a proper way.

Hopefully the FA will face the consequences and decides to work on a age-fraud amnesty.

16. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I wrote all that and you still don't understand what I'm saying?

17. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They do have a good base of expat players, but lots of their best players made their way into europe from Africa at a young age and that's where the age-fraud issue starts with their teams. They start off in Africa, change their age, completely outclass the kids younger than them to get an opportunity to move to a european team or academy and start their career there. That's what guys like Obafemi Martins, Okocha, Kanu all did and if you look at the playing history of most of their current players, you'll find that this still happens.

Main difference for us is that european leagues don't really scout Iraqi players and are not willing to give them a chance unless they have a ridiculous performance in a major tournament like Ali Adnan in 2013. Nigerian, Ghanian and Ivorian players have a long history of producing great players so european clubs are more than willing to give them a chance. There's also the culture shock issue Iraqi players have. They aren't willing to leave their comfort zone and try different leagues. They'd rather stay in middle eastern leagues than play in mid level european leagues.

My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter that we are doing age fraud. We are still producing fantastic talent like Ali Adnan, Ali Husni, Mahawy, Ahmed Ibrahim, Saad A.A, etc... I'd rather focus on other issues of corruption.

The fight against age-fraud is not a battle you can win. All of Iraq is corrupt. Everything is done through bribery. For this reason, we will always have problems like this until the situation in Iraq changes.

Suren01 repped this.
  18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    My opinion is that it holds us back and hurts our integrity, but it's indeed not our biggest problem. We should focus on improving our league, club facilities, and the development of the youth players in a proper way.

As I said I don't care about the youth tournaments anymore. If we miss out I'm fine with that, if we succeed then that European clubs will take notice of the players.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  19. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    i do understand what i said was cheating is cheating, when cheating is concern it cant be negligible it all corrupts when you cheat on your exams its not negligilble because you dont learn and it all comes back to you in the end and if u want to focus on corrpution age fraud is corruption and age fraud holds back fantastic talent does not help it this is the iraqi mentality and peoples ask why we have so many problems in our country its because we do not tackle the little things in our country a third world mentality backward mind i dont think you understand what is happening in our country everything is run backwards and you have to change the little things and the big things for our country to develop we are not producing talent the quality of players is not as good as 10 years before and this is from people who work behind football in iraq in the next 20 yrs if it continue we will nt be stronger but weaker

20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 0-0 Saudi Arabia HT
    This team is playing like shit. No creativity whatsoever.

21. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    0-2.. We dont deserve to advance for multiple reasons :)

23. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq scored.. 1-2

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  25. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mate please use punctuation. Reading your post is really difficult. Having said that I agree with you completely, on every point.

irak101 and Suren01 repped this.