Levy Out!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by BalanceUT, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #26 Hauler, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    I'm just happy we are getting a guy like Paul Mitchell who if you watch the video I posted he has a dedicated team working for him that are very detailed. Loving it very much.

I'm also glad Levy is listening to the manager and what he thinks he needs to be successful. I remember one of the things AVB complained about was not having enough coaches at the club already.

Your right Pook levy has brought in talented people, but I don't know if he has looked deeper into it as a perfect example with Jol and Commili or Baldini and all the managers so far. He has got the pieces, but they don't fit together. Now getting Paul Mitchell and listening to the man who guides the team is a big step in the right direction because in years past I think it was him listening elsewhere.

I have said it for a long time infrastructure should be the biggest thing we can do to make this club perfect.

2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The new training facility looks fantastic to me. Hopefully Levy will be busy with the stadium deal and let the footballers take care of the football. Without another 20,000 tickets to sell each game, Spurs will never be able to compete with the big money clubs, at least not consistently. And make sure the new stadium has a nice, wide pitch. ;)

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not been around these parts for a two or three weeks...

thought the thread was bumped from a couple of years ago...

4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an interesting thread to read now 3.5 years later, much more of Levy under the bridge. The stadium will be completed soon. He seems to be holding on, paying properly, players who have emerged under Poch. And, he is also moving on players who are not fitting.

Still, the underlying theme is this: Extract value. Has it been working better?

Well, we still haven't won much hardware.

Here's an excellent history of Levy I just watched that prompted me to bump this thread.

soccernutter repped this.
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is still the case. IMO, Levy should step away from on-pitch issues (player contract, hiring/firing decisions, etc.) and leave that to a general manager, or like. As for the off-pitch issues, Levy is fantastic. I'm not sure many others would have gotten the new stadium where it is, and for what it is.

6. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We won't have more money to spend on wages just because Levy isn't doing the negotiation

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But players will be treated as players, not commodities.

8. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Players are generally happy at Spurs, when they want out it's for more wages and improved opportunity to win something - which won't change with Levy in the back seat. If you're thinking about Toby and last year Walker's situation then that's down to Pochettino. He's been free to use them as he want, even if it's not uncommon for clubs to drop players that refuse to sign new contracts.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It reminds me a lot of the Oakland A's moneyball model. And while Oakland were able to punch above their weight in MLB, they never won a championship despite assembling some excellent teams. Much like Spurs, the "nearly men" that they trade for prospects go on to win championships at other clubs.

10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    raising threads from the long-since-dead always has potential for fun - and embarrassment. whenever I see a Lazarus thread at the top of the forum, I get nervous, thinking 'oh dear, what rubbish that I've said has been stirred from its grave to humiliate me now?'

... but I've done ok this time. :cool:;) nice bump, balance. :D

BalanceUT repped this.