LEVANTE x REAL MADRID | La Liga J.22 | 03.02.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Feb 3, 2018.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure, but history shows that Zidane is definitely a capable coach. What some people here try to do is act like he's completely incompetent, but practically change their arguments depending on what currently happens. He doesn't play the subs, he shows too much support to "his" players, he plays the subs, and people criticise him for not taking the cup seriously.

Henyckes' Bayern was historically humiliated by Dortmund before they won the triple.

HZinho, Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well said.

Some people here are in denial saying the defense is not a problem. That Toni Kroos is playing fine. The whole back four plus Kroos have been incomprehensibly bad all season long and are at the main culprits for the fact the team looks like amateurs every time any opponent attacks. We can't keep a lead against the likes of mighty Levante and Celta Vigo for more than ten minutes. We knew from the beginning Zidane isn't a genius tactician, so the fact that we are looking like a segunda division team every time we have the lead is due to the mentality of this team rather than any tactics.

Deep Pal and Iscodisco repped this.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some rumors that Isco and Benzema had a fight after the game.

4. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We "lost" it. By it I mean the individual ability of our players contributing well together towards unified synergy. Sell these players and you'll see them shine somewhere else under a different system, ideology, and management. They're professionals, not retards or amateurs.

Example for you servicemen/women: unit combat effectiveness is founded not only on the training/equipment, political systems, and socioeconomic reasons for serving, but also on the intangible factors (morale, cohesion, peer accountability, unit leadership). Why do other navies and air forces routinely do poorly in exercises in comparison to the US, even when most of the aforementioned quantifiable aspects are evenly balanced?

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane was competent last year, but he's incompetent this year.
    As much as he took part in the amazing last 2 years, he's still very inexperienced.
    You can give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is consistently showing competent. That's not zidane.
    And how much of these last 2 years is really Zidane as opposed players at their peak?
    (And I'm far from being a mourinho fan)

6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Sources?

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So what you're trying to say is he forgot how to do his job? He's made many bold decisions this season, and has tactically handled a lot of games absolutely perfect. Even the "big blunders" of the season, Kovacic against Barcelona and the B team against Leganes, people specifically asked from him.

By that method no coach is really that good, it's just the players playing well.

So Ancelotti and Mourinho were incompetent. Zidane has handled the Atleti games far better than Carlo, despite being on his staff team for a season. He handled the Valencia match very well, with good responce to Marcelinos moves.

He's not free from blame, but the truth is, the squad doesn't deliver. Kovacic, who is a personal favourite, hasn't had a great game since the start of the season. Only backup with a legit great performance under his belt is Cabellos, and he was part of the Copa del Rey squad.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We have problems in positioning, movement and timing. You can repack that million times over, and still organization of the game comes down to the coach. Oh another thing. Summer failures. Also partially Zidane`s fault.

This years Zidane gets one big massive F-.

temesgen repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The defense have made mistakes yes Kroos has not been at his best true but some people here are also in denial if they do not agree that for most of the season we have been creating chances and our strikers have just not been taking them, this has been without a doubt for me at least our biggest problem this season

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #260 robnycus, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    We have problems all over and I don't think one is bigger than the others.
    When we play without the BBC we cannot even beat teams who recently got promoted to Liga.
    We have a surplus of players who are not well integrated into the team.. why are they here? The only subs we bring to the games are the same subs that were used last season - Isco, Asensio & Lucas.
    Marcelo and Dani are playing this bad this season because they have zero competition.
    Isco looks unmotivated and disconnected from the squad.. He only speaks to Nacho and Asensio.
    IMO the team needs a complete overhaul after so much success. We haven't had a major signing since James & Kroos and that was 4 years ago.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Are we making assumptions based on what we see on instagram and on the bench now?

HZinho and yoanaidarov repped this.
  12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yes. I said "he looks".. which is true. you hardly ever see him sharing a moment with Cris, Marcelo, Bale, etc.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he would be so unhappy he wouldn't have extended his contract 4 months ago or so.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I don't think he is unhappy .. He just does not have any chemistry with the BBC and I think that is important. Late last year I read something about Cristiano being fed up with Isco and wishing Bale was back asap. In any case, that is just one of the many problems I listed.. If you disagree is fine with me.. I am not here to convince you.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

You mean this one?

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘leads calls for Gareth Bale to be benched for Isco’ in Real Madrid’s Champions League final clash

Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree it's not only zidane's fault. The players and sub have constantly under performed.
    The thing is, zidane is also not the kind of guy to let go of players (we see his extra care and love for benzema), I don't want him here next year if were going to have the same group of players only because zidane trust them.
    Something big gotta change.
    I'm far from being confident that Perez will do the right thing.

As for isco and signing a new contract, I don't buy any of that. Today's top players market is all about the money. He got a good deal from Perez, but I have no doubt he will leave if he don't get enough playing time. That contract is BS. Just like the real world, I work for company A and kinda like it, if company B pay me well and looks interesting, I can move.
    Football days of the top players staying in the same club for life is gone. PSG/City kind of money made sure of that.

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn't matter how much the strikers take chances if the midfield can't keep the ball when the strikers have scored, and if the defence can't hold on for more than ten minutes when having the lead.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The strikers didn't score in this game though. ;)

I could make a remark about if our defenders and midfielders weren't needed to score goals besides their usual duties, maybe they'd have more time in their own positions. However the defense as a whole didn't look great on both goals. At all.

But it's weird to only find blame in our defense, when the last game was another one where our forwards were mostly inconsequential.

temesgen and Digital repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as I am concerned our defense has never ever been our strong point as long as I have been a Madrid supporter and i’ve been one for a long long time, it has always been about how much we can score more than the opposition, that our defense gives up goals does not surprise me, that we struggle to score does, moreso than anything else

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If the attack is not working, thats because our forwards are simply not good enough anymore. However, defense is more a collective issue rather than a matter of individual quality. In this situation, when its obvious we can't score enough, we need to tighten up and plug the leaks at the back. I remember two years ago on our way to the CL we have completely shut down a Man City juggernaut in one of the best defensive performances I have seen lately. If we can't score for fun anymore, we need to grind results. Its pretty simple.

Deep Pal repped this.