Lets KEEP IT REAL!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Lemuel, Nov 16, 2006.

1. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    www.amazon.co.uk. Search word: Rooney. 35 half million. You want me press buy?

2. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I think it's going to be an unfortunate fact for the MLS for some years: every time you get a homegrown star the fear will be "when are they going to Europe?". Once the league grows and compensates better, then we'll be able to keep more and more super quality players. But for now, it's difficult to compete. You can sign an up and comer to a longer contract, but if they get interest from big clubs they will buck and complain to get their contract sold.

3. Chewie23

Chewie23 Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lmfao im sorry but i'll try to keep this as nice as possible, if your such a "Big Houston Fan" then who is "Wayne De Rosario"? & who are the "Dynamos" </sarcastic>

4. Lemuel

Lemuel Member

Nov 14, 2006
    HOU
    My fault I started that mess I now know it should have been Dwayne De Rosario. I get a RED CARD for that one. LOL :D Good looking out though you get a STICKER for that one and THAT's KEEPING IT REAL.....

5. Lemuel

Lemuel Member

Nov 14, 2006
    HOU
    So we've come full circle, what is the arguement in favor of building a SSS (I'm for it) since it seems almost impossiable for us to hold on to talent. Guru's please respond.........

6. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a whole thread dedicated to the building of a SSS, look around a bit.

And I'm not sure where this idea of us not being able to hold on to talent comes from, since we've just won the cup 4 days ago and I'm not aware of anyone leaving the team yet. Hold off on the doom and gloom, yeah?

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I think he's talking about MLS in general holding on to talent.

8. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No no no, gaffer!

besides Figo is cheaper. And his wife is hotter.

9. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Don't forget, Figo's wife has lotsa friends who would love to come to America.

10. Lemuel

Lemuel Member

Nov 14, 2006
    HOU
    Thanks man, I was starting to think people here were way sensitive.

11. 3VIL L33T

3VIL L33T New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    I agree this thread......

[​IMG]

12. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Why doesnt Houston use their Beckham rule on Dero? That would be awesome, then they could offer him whetever Europe does. Unless he wants to go for the challenge

13. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    What? No love for Asia? You will likely see that scenario in a place like China or Thailand much sooner than in any of the places above if the league does the right things.

(See the A-League/MLS post in the News and Analysis forum)

14. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    My apologies. But I figure we won't get the big following in Asia until we WIN EL MUNDIALITO IN JAPAN!!!