Lets fire Low now!!!

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Raumdeuter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany would never win anything with Low as coach, He is the worst coach ever and would be lucky to get beyond the group stage.

Any other anti Low quotes and opinion are welcome here:eek:

dips82 and Vlad S. repped this.
  2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2 Raumdeuter, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Oops

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Low suck balls. I mean the guy should be coaching rugby

4. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Loew has no clue! Accident waiting to happen! 4 CBs. No strikers. This guy is crazy.

What about his bum chum. Hansi Flick. What exactly does he do?

RAUS!

:p

Raumdeuter repped this.
  5. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No chance we win with Löw, may as well lose in the group stage so he's finally fired

6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #6 Lahmfan, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    i still remember when people said we are not going to make it from the group stage :ROFLMAO:

P to the Wee and Dhajj repped this.
  7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Every team is better than us we are at par with Zambia and Tahiti.

Dhajj repped this.
  8. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, fire Löw!
    Also, Brazil and Spain are far superior to us. We are unworthy. :rolleyes:
    Haha, after all I can't believe I used to agree this shit. :ROFLMAO:

Boandlkramer, dips82, Vlad S. and 2 others repped this.
  9. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I kinda feel vindicated now as the lone pro-Löw voice.

Also, if the rumors turn out to be true and he does indeed build up Tuchel to succeed him in two years time, it's the best way to keep his (and Klinsmann's) legacy alive.

poorvi and Minttunator repped this.
  10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I respect Löw now. Still don't consider him the best coach in the world, but he proved me wrong. We're lucky to have him on board.

Liquid1010 and dips82 repped this.
  11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A sort of "Best/Worst of MatthausSammer talking shit about Jogi" compilation. Enjoy:

Liquid1010, chewz, shap_half and 4 others repped this.
  12. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You were not alone all this time. *holding hands*

13. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, have you been itemizing each one of your posts all this time? Kudos to you for digging all of it up!

Do you remember (or can you find) who proclaimed that they "wish Germany doesn't win anything just to ensure Löw gets sacked"? It's a classic that surely belongs here :)

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just typed in Löw as a search word, with the parameters being "posted by MS", and sorted out a few.

chewz repped this.
  15. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    #15 benztown, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    I'm always careful with "best X in the world" kinda claims. It's really hard to tell...there are probably better coaches out there, maybe Mourinho, maybe Guardiola, maybe Klopp, maybe even Heynckes...but Löw has proven to be up there. I think the biggest testament to his quality is how he compensated for injuries, how he brought Khedira and Schweinsteiger slowly into the tournament, how he showed confidence in Kramer in the final and how he adapted his game plan when Kramer himself had to be substituted early on.

Löw also clearly had a master plan and he wasn't too proud to adapt it. In 2006, Germany was a lot like Brazil this time around, only more organized. What I mean is that their quality was their passion. Germany was not the most giftet team of 2006, but they were a good side and they had the will to do it.
    The 2008 team was basically still the same team, only better, but not good enough for an emergent Spain.
    By 2010, with the new generation of players, he had a bigger arsenal of weapons and developed the team towards a fast paced counter attacking force, but this approach came to a halt once Germany faced Spain and their possession football. Spain didn't give Germany the room to counter attack. By the time Germany crossed into the Spanish half, their team was organized and the next pass would always be intercepted.
    Löw learned from that and implemented a more proactive game for 2012. The German midfield was now pressing much higher and Germany also became more comfortable with the ball. Unfortunately, he got it wrong in the semis, plus Italy exploited the room between defense and midfield that was inherent to this team.
    Again Löw learned from that experience and the result was the high defensive line we've seen in 2014. It was criticized at times, but it was instrumental in this World Cup campaign. It means that we've seen a compacted midfield right in front of the opposing penalty area. Combined with the high pressing, when you win the ball, all you need is one or two passes to be right in front of the goal.

If there's one thing Löw doesn't have, it's probably charisma. I don't see him as a big motivator the way Klinsmann was and neither is Flick. That's where I think Tuchel can improve the team, as assistant and maybe later as head coach.
    On the other hand, these are professionals, so charisma is probably most needed when dealing with the media...still, in a tight game, a gripping half time speech might make the difference. But that's really details, compared to all the hard work that Löw put in the development of this team and successfully so.

poorvi, Roland25, Minttunator and 2 others repped this.
  16. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can we all agree that in last 4 years what was Germany's biggest weakness was tactically converted to strength by Jogi in this World Cup in terms of defending set pieces and scoring in set pieces? We were absolutely beast in this aspect in the World Cup and the much gated left back Howedes had a major contribution in this....

Roland25, Liquid1010, shap_half and 7 others repped this.
  17. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Indeed...thankfully he finally addressed this. This was maybe his biggest mistake in the past (other than messing up the Italy game).

Minttunator and MatthausSammer repped this.
  18. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We've converted what? Like 3-4 goals from setpieces and conceded none?

I say that's pretty ********ing good.,

My feelings about low haven't changed, but I won't ruin this thread or get down from my high now ;)

Let's enjoy this while we can and see his things develop.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some of the coaches the clueless Low has beaten at major tournaments

Scolari(twice), Fatih terim, Leo Beenhakker, Fabio Cappelo, Maradona, Van Marwijk, Paulo Bento(twice), Klinsman, Deschamps, Sabella

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Halihodzic was pretty good too.

21. Junster

Junster Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In addition to Low's effectively dealing with the ongoing injuries and successfully correcting the set piece problems, his tactful substitutions of players and their right timing of occurrence during the games worked wonderfully for Germany throughout the World Cup. So Jogi deserves full credit there.

1. Against Ghana: While we were trailing by a goal, Klose came in and scored the equalizer within 2 minutes. Additionally, Piggy's entry at the same time clearly changed the control and tempo of the game toward our favor.

2. Against USA: Klose came in the second half and had a role in the goal that Muller scored.

3. Against Algeria: Schurrle came in as a substitute and scored the first goal when everyone else was struggling to find the net. Khedira coming in for Mustafi (Low's only blunder this tournament, I believe) and Lahm immediately going back to RB also helped.

4. Against Brazil: The game was already decided by the time Schurrle came in, but nonetheless, he managed to score 2 goals in the second half.

5. Against Argentina: Goetze came in for Klose and scored the goal of his life. Schurrle, once again, came in as a substitute and provided the crucial assist for the decider.

I was never a fan of Low before this tournament, but I have to give him props for working against all the odds and adversities to take Germany to the ultimate glory this time. :thumbsup:

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I think Löw used his subs and the depth of his side very well, although it helps that Schürrle is the ultimate supersub for this Germany team; too one-dimensional to start, but when he comes on, he brings such hunger, energy, pace, and directness to the team that it infuses life and makes stuff happen in a sometimes-ponderous German attack.

Minttunator and Junster repped this.
  23. Junster

Junster Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, that... and keeping Podolki's playtime to a minimum also helped! :D

Minttunator and MatthausSammer repped this.
  24. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I called it! We Gona win the dam cup and you will still people complaining.
    Amazing

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where's the complaint?