Let's all laugh at Kansas

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by ratdog, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why did y'all leave the Big XII?

2. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Ten Network money, I'm sure.

Once the Longhorn Network precluded the possibility of a Big XII network, that was that.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how much money ESPN loses putting out Longhorn content that no one watches outside of Longhorn alums & fans

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Both them and you should have joined the Pac-12. Still win, and you get an academic boost from being associated with small, private Methodist schools like USC.

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you really want to see me in prison for killing a dozen or so Duckfans when they show up in Norman?

Deadtigers and russ repped this.
  6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why hate on the Ducks? Yeah, they're new, but they don't talk as much trash as the SEC teams seem to do.

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OU got cheated by them in the early years of replay - the replay official was an alumni and former Duck FB player

Deadtigers and russ repped this.
  8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I assume y'all were at home and Oregon brought Pac-10/12 refs. That's an unforgivable error on the part of the NCAA for allowing, not Oregon for taking advantage.

Hoping OU puts the hurt(s) on LSU, but I'm not expecting a win.

9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At Oregon

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6109013

https://oklahoman.com/article/5518405/10-year-anniversary-of-the-ou-oregon-replay-debacle

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2593564

Same

10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That win should have been vacated. Definitely an NCAA error, and something worth investigating. If UO tried to deceive (misled the NCAA about where the ref came from), they should have been put on probation. But, again, the NCAA should be on top of stuff like this, instead of going after the PSU program and players for shit that happened long before they arrived and didn't give Pedo State a competitive advantage.

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    All, the Sooners. So easy to root against. I'm still laughing from the '85 Sooner Schooner Orange Bowl crash. Justice was served, too. God's Huskies 28, the Wicked Sooner Sinners 17.

fatbastard repped this.
  12. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Let he who is without sin cast the first football! :rolleyes:

upload_2019-12-16_9-43-1.jpeg

13. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone else's hate makes us stronger. Shit, I haven't paid an electrical bill since Bob Stoops arrived on campus - Aggie's constant jawing keeps the wind turbines spinning

We're 12 out of 19 in the Orange Bowl - we can't win them all

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Tons of fine Sooner players over the years. Just not this fraud:

Hebert also recalled the time, during a game in 1988, when Heyward hit Seattle linebacker and alleged tough guy Brian Bosworth so hard he made him cry. According to Hebert, then-Saints coach Jim Mora called the same off-tackle play six straight times, with Heyward as the lead blocker. "After about the third time," Hebert said, "Bosworth was crying. Honest. Tears were rolling down his face, because he didn't want Ironhead to hit him anymore. He cried 'Uncle!' for real. Ironhead, he just laughed at him."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2461208

Funkfoot and russ repped this.
  15. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Good old Ironhead. Bosworth was the tool who said don't do drugs but admitted to drinking 12 cups of coffee before every game, right?

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  16. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steroids, probably some blow too

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah he was definitely a roid dog. Right up there with Tony Mandarich.

Aikman was #1 in 1989 draft. Then Tony followed by Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion. :eek:

18. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I don't think so? He was a decent player, just overhyped and arrived in the NFL already hurt...

Mandarich, there's a different story, and he's told it himself.

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah he was a very good college LB but was pretty much used goods by time he got to Seattle. Maybe a top 10 draft bust but not Mandarich or Leaf level.

Deadtigers repped this.
  20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    O.. and an obligatory Geaux Tigahs ;)

Auriaprottu and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fair enough. It reads like Orgeron would pronounce it.

Seems it was just a few days ago when the SEC title meant a natty regardless of who won it, but in reality, that all stopped after 2010- almost a decade ago. This is O's chance to bring it back.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    As long as Joe Brady is at LSU, it will be a long time till Saban high steps into a SEC title. Think of Brady as a young Lane Kiffin without the controversy and a better brain.

LSU might have rearranged the SEC West permanently now. We'll see how Ole Miss with Lane Kiffin fair.. Jimbo seems to just be collecting a pay check.. Auburn is still Auburn. I'm not buying the Bo Nix hype.

25. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Saban probably has one more SEC title in him. It won't be a long time either way- he's not going to be there a long time at this point. I give him three more seasons, tops.
    Kiffin won't win the West, but he'll do well enough at Ole Miss to leave there for a destination program, IMO. Where he'll end up, I can't say, but he'll be gone by 2023. ALL of his issues are attitude-based, and I think he was too brash (young) to schmooze with boosters. We'll see if he's grown up.
    Jimbo is absolutely just collecting a check. May be the ghost of Bobby Bowden coming back to haunt him for the way Bowden got horsecollared out of Tallahassee a few years ago. I'm not sure anyone can make them a troo contenda these days. He didn't want LSU after the way they treated Miles, and nobody else seemed to want him (no openings at the time). But he's at a football school, at least. Chizik won a natty and ended up at Carolina, ffs.
    Auburn? They're easily the second-most successful SEC program of the last decade. B(C)S title in '10, B(C)SCG in '13, SEC titles in '10 and '13, and they are 4-6 v. Bama. That's twice as many wins as any West team and four more than any East team in the same span.

...how long a time is "permanently" to you? Alabama dominated the SEC in the 70s, Auburn and Georgia in the 80s, Florida in the '90s to late 00s, and Bama since then. I want to see y'all win the game. I watched your posts change in tone from '09 to about '13 and then Bama drove you out of the cfb forum entirely. I think that forum needs you to keep the thread going, and an LSU win would make them relevant enough for you to return there.