Les Bleues - France WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gromit06, Jul 30, 2013.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it would of been very elaborate then; the score line was the worst defeat that the French have suffered at the hands of the Germans in decades. At the lesbie forum, the French are calling for the head of the coach to be on the chopping block, as you well know, you don't want to anger a bunch of lesbians. Read from last page backwards
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/5154036/1845/

Thomsen repped this.
  2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Saying that better having an unacceptable performance now that in 2019. And certain players who did not perform are likely to miss out in future squads. Especially with the France B and U20 players ready to claim a place like Chavas and Katoto who will be with the A team by September 2018.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's France's roster for their friendly vs Italy

a bit thin at midfield as I do remember the day they could boast a mid lineup of Thomis-Abily-Henry-Necib

interesting that George got picked(only two starts all season at PSG) yet some of the starters on that club didn't get chosen; Delie & Katoto.

on a good note, nice to see the Cascarino twins, but I doubt if Delphine put a full 90 min, yet for her club(Lyon)

gricio61 repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It will be a good test for Italy, in preparation for the challenge in WWC qualifiers vs Belgium. What Italy needs to grow is exactly this kind of clashes vs higher-level teams.
    I predict Italy will lose, but it would be important to anyway keep the score quite close.

gricio61 repped this.
  5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think our coach will try to test a few players, so it could be a tight game. Our last experiment against Germany went very wrong.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    you call it experiment i call it a tactical masterplan

blissett repped this.
  7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Masterplan in failure

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe Thomsen mean't Germany is now stuck with Stefi Jones as coach! But got to wonder if the WC organizer's will be pissed if Germany don't make it since they will be bringing a lot more spedning money with them than either Iceland or the Czech's?

here's a lineup I copied from a French fan from the twitter OP. I must say do like this lineup
    DTIJ86_XkAAYgH1.jpg

Toletti needs to take charge like she did in those u17 days. Majri looks better at FB(unfortunately Sakia will have to sit) & hey look at that; after all those years of hyping her, Marion finally made it to the big time! Now if only Cascarino can play like she did at the last u20 WC........France will have it made in the shade!

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The biggest problem for Diacre is she has two years to rebuild a team that failed to win anything and many leaders have retired and those coming behind are not ready yet. Hence the trial and error and many newbies called up.

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    35 players have been called up since she took over and she will probably carry on the trial and error until September 2018, where we will see the real squad take form.

There are two players who should make the final 2019 WC squad who will not be selected before September as they are preparing the U20 World Cup with their peers : Marie-Antoinette Katoto and Mylene Chavas.

blissett repped this.
  11. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
  12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We are certainly short of attacking midfielders with Necib and then Abily retiring. Hopefully Toletti or Lavogez can do a job otherwise Daphne can have a chance. I was impressed when she was playing at Man City and places are up for grabs for the world cup.

Our starting XI could look like this next year :

Chavas or Gerard or Bouhaddi
    Torrent or Houara, Renard, M'Bock Bathy, Majri or ?
    Henry, Geyoro, Lavogez/Toletti/?
    ?, Katoto, Le Sommer

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

why no armour for Cascarino? She's #20, did look good in starting for Lyon this last Sunday. But Paris obviously parked the bus(as opposed to playing in the open field

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is a place up for grabs on the right wing. It's up to her to beat the competition of Diani, Asseyi and anyone else coming in there.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm surprised why Gauvin hasn't been called back up, since while she didn't score, she was very lively vs England, putting their defense under a lot of pressure. I believe she got to play lone striker whereas Diacre went back to the 2 fwd format vs GER & SWE.
    Of course though, France does need to find that world class striker(as ELS is being pushed more to the left wing). Guess they got 1 year to find one, Even though I've heard Katato could be that player, transitioning a strong youth player into a top senior one hasn't always been France's best suit, as Tarrieu seemed headed towards stardom the way she played at the 2014 at the u20 WC as well as Toletti at the U17 WC. but their expectations have faded since then

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As far as I saw we played 4-3-3 in both games against Sweden and Germany.
    Katoto is injury prone, but otherwise she will be there, it is acted.

Tarrieu well, she never plays with Lyon or out of position... Toletti, injury prone unfortunately.

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good first half from France, rubbish in second half. Loads of work to do as Coco said in the press conference. Bouhaddi with her usual mistake for the Italian goal.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok: I basically watched 2nd half only, so it made sense that the result was looking almost fair to me. Of course, I believe all of you saying that France would have deserved the win, especially for their pressur ein 1st half, although it has to be said that bad finishing + GK's mistakes usually lead to this kind of results.

Anyway, however Italy managed to get this result, it seems unexpectedly good: forcing a draw at home of NT that's currently #6 in the world is surely a very good achievement for NT #17. :thumbsup:

gricio61 and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Italy were all over the place defensively in the frist half and tightened things up in the second. They also went direct as the French players started to fade physically and were knackered in the last 30 minutes.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Zero progression, zero improvement. Corinne Diacre took France last September, we knew her task was the hardest ever (for a France NT coach) because she basically had less than two years to build a winning team; well after four months and seven games we still at square one......The last three games really showed us how in terms of football produced and efficiency France is in an alarming position, five goals conceided only one scored is simply not acceptable.
    This last match against a good Italy underlined how much France literally became an Henry dependant team as Diacre won't use Majri upfront, won't call Katoto until next September, won't give D. Cascarino playing time, hasn't figure out how to use Le Sommer...All these players will be fundamental during OUR World Cup so sooner they became important and productive for the NT better is but for the moment it isn't like that.....As it strongly seems to appear, we are wasting precious time to build a team ready to lift the cup in 2019 with Diacre a coach, if we get humiliated at the SBC then the FFF has to think about somebody else to guide France in its World Cup.

gricio61 repped this.
  21. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Talking about the game, Bouhaddi mistake even though is huge wasn't completely her fault for once....Sarah received a very bad pass from Geyoro, she tried to keep the ball playable like they do at Lyon instead of juts hoofing it away then obviously got it wrong. The blame is to share between the two players.
    Italy caused her problems by pressing high because we didn't have someone to give the ball......team quality dropped by passing from Necib, Abily to Diallo.......why Diacre choose three defensive midfielders instead of giving Daphne Corboz her chance or change formation?
    France new backbone is Renard-Henry-Le Sommer, but the coach pubblicly criticized Wendie, is unable to use Eugenie and count too much on Amandine.....A new group of players need to step up their game as soon as possible!
    Individual notes:
    Bouhaddi 5,5: Huge mistake but not completely her fault, did recovered well however.
    Torrent 6: Did her job against a very young Italian winger than when Bonansea went on her side things get harder for Marion. Imho she is no better than Houara or Perisset.
    Mbock 6,5: Didn't really had to worry
    Renard 6: Played well nothign execptionnal but she and Diacre don't like each other and you could feel it.
    Majri 6,5: Very offensive in the first half, less in the second against Bergamaschi. She expressed many times that she doesn't like to play in defence , why they keep on using her as a left back then?
    Diallo 5,5: Can protect defense, win ball back and that's it but it's not enough to be a starter for France....should never wear N10 .
    Geyoro 6: Where is the fantastic player we saw at last Euro? Now she seems to be happy by doing pretty simple things...should definitely do more.
    Henry 7,5: The leader of this team, but she has no followers, easily dominated in the first half but in the second disappeared little by little and France with her....
    Diani 6,5: Did whatever she wanted to Bartoli but her end product and teammates were not good enough to finish the job, Kadi is a mystery, she has talent in abundance but only 3 goals and assists in D1F so far.....definitely not enough!
    Sarr 5: I like her attitude and mobility but on a technical level she has A LOT to improve....may be even too much..
    Le Sommer 5,5: Years pass, NT coaches pass but Eugenie still not decisive for France....nothing has changed.

substitutes:
    Leger 5,5: Came in for Sarr but had the same bad impact on the game...what happened to that player of two years ago ?!!?
    Asseyi: Sincerely aside a big fault Guagnia made on her she brought nothing at all.
    D. Cascarino: Only played 10 minutes while she deserved more. Hope she starts next time.
    Georges: Has nothing to do there anymore.

coach Diacre 5: France is behind the schedule, no improvement have been made under her coaching and it's really starting to worry me

gricio61 repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't know about others, but personally I was missing @debzy! We need people to keep all of the threads alive and in the past she had been very active in at least 4-5 different threads (while chiming in occasionally in others).

Division 1's thread is close to dying down without her... :(

@debzy, promise that you'll be coming back in force for U-20 WWC in your country (or at least for Senior WWC next year!!!) :ninja:

gricio61 and lil_one repped this.
  23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I just wanted to say Hi and to congratulate Italy for their good performance against France which is really worrying me due to all the unresolved problems I mentioned....but I'm not gonna post regularly as my job and private life don't give me free time anymore...lol.....Anyway, you guys are doing a good job :thumbsup:.

blissett and gricio61 repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Following the Sheba cup results, here is what we can guess about who will come back for the friendlies against Nigeria and Canada in April.

GK
    Benameur disaster against England, unlikely to be back
    Bouhaddi OK
    Durand might come back again as number 3 ?

DF
    Tounkara leg fracture and operation not back for a long time
    Georges disaster against England, half a game against Germany, will be back for political reason more than performance
    Perisset was back after missing out under Diacre, played the wrong game ?
    E Cascarino no game time ?
    Karchaoui played against England and few minutes against Germany, number 1 back-up at left-back, she was dropped to the B squad in previous game ?
    Majri a key player in the team
    M'Bock messep up against England came back well against USA and Germany ok
    Torrent number 1 choice at right-back ok

MF
    Clemaron two minutes against Germany, she is clearly a fringe player, if she was good enough in training she might get back in April
    Diallo part of the England disaster, lost a lot of credit accumulated in previous month, should come back but status under threat if she does it again
    Geyoro a key player in the squad ok
    Henry a key player in the squad ok
    Thiney was in for the first time under Diacre a clear success due to her experience, will be back, will compete with Lavogez for the number 10 place soon

FW
    Diani por against England, two times used as a sub for the other games like Diallo lost a lot of credit and her direct opponents for a place did better than her, might not come back
    Asseyi did very well and consolidated her status as a reliable back-up player. Will not be the first choice on right-wing at the world cup due to her limited skills but she is a fighter and therefore useful in the squad.
    Leger no game time, no coming back in April if everyone is fit
    Sarr played against England transparent, another player at risk of not coming back
    Robert early injury robbed her of a chance to show anything, we don't know ow long she will be out for, on that count unlikely to be back in April
    Le Sommer a key player in the team ok
    Gauvin another player that showed her limitations during the tournament, scored a goal, missed a few, might come back if no one else has done well with the other NT ( B, U19)

Who could be back in the squad in April for those who did not perform well in the USA

Wendie Renard who missed out due to injury, those who performed well for the B team like Lavogez, Cascarino, Jaurena, Dali, Bilbault, Lorgere, Butel, Corboz, Tolmais.

I had a chat with a D1 Feminine manager and his point was the wc19 starting 11 picks itself up and is good enough , but the remaining players are not outstanding or really super good and that lack of depth is a huge problem.

The 11 will look likely to be with the current form :
    Bouhaddi or Chavas
    Torrent, Renard, M'Bock Bathy, Majri,
    Henry, Geyoro, Thiney or Lavogez or x
    Cascarino or Asseyi or Diani or x, Katoto, Le Sommer

blissett repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I really like M’bock, I rate her already very high as a CB