Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #1176 Thomsen, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    watching how poor Peter’s been in defense for Germany the whole year makes me miss Krahn lol, she had some pros with her game

unpopular opinion probably

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Peter is the next Henning huh?

Hendrich a walking disaster and you all are just glossing over it

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1178 hotjam2, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    can't remember exactly how the Dutch played back in 1974, but it got the nick name, "Total Football". What i recall is that in the WC final that they scored within the first 2 minutes without Germany ever touching the ball. So you got to say they were another midfield possession through short passing type team.

I did start a threat however on the their woso NT a few years back & been following or watching almost all their games, ans I can assure they do NOT play total football
    it's a 4-3-3. but even giving them credit for having just 3 mids is stretching that a bit since they simply forgo playing it to the mids in favor of long balls from the back to their wingers upfront. They've practiced this over & over again. Very pain mistakenly I might add, as their back line gave up several goals do to miss passes; the lost their chance at the Olympics when Jackobsson stole & scored on a goal do to a bad back pass).
    But the key was that the long balls were over to their wingers, and NOT to their central striker Miedema, cuz they knew she would be heavily guarded by the CB's & also that the FB's might be caught out of position(so actually using the so called "modern football" of their opponent to their advantage(and when you look at it, that's what Iceland did with Germany).
    So basically, the fast out let to the FB's, then the quick cross kicks to the central attackers(Miedema, van de Donk, Groenen) no midfield required. In the meantime their defense(including their FB's), did indeed, stay put, never leaving themselves open to an counter attack.

now understand your importance on soccer heritage, and I would say your HALF right, when it comes to woso. But you just got to look at the current FIFA woso rankings, 4 out of the 8 top(US, CA. AU & JA) are NOT men's soccer super powers. They simply have no heritage to look upon, other than to try their own techniques. And you got to give these countries a bit more credit since they're the only ones to win this decade's biggest prize, the World Cup

here's an interview with Lieke Martens talks of the importance of SPACE, around the 1.20 mark, she explains about how different it's playing for Barcelona, because their style(of first, midfield domination) makes it a challenge to find SPACE(as compared to the Dutch NT) and of course my own perspective again; you get SPACE if you attack before the opponent has time to set their defenses. VITAL fact; the Dutch won the Euros, while Barca's prestige, tiki taka type style hasn't won anything in woso.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jones ordered Hendrich upfront, when she should of stayed behind & marked Brynjarsdottir. None of the Iceland goals were her fault

first goal) Blasse was the nearest defender(though it was a Benkarth flub)

2nd) Maier got owned by Jense)(he goal scorer)

3rd) Leupoz is seeing trailing Brynnjarsdottir*as she scores)Where the heck was Peter?
    I like Karhn! exceptional tackler, just a tad slow!(as I've seen both Jakobsson & Morgan flew right by her). She still made an formidable duo with Bartuziak; I remember the Olympic final where they dd form so well a two man, off sides trap, Jakobsson got a half dozen times called off sides.

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Krahn being slow and struggling with playing the ball properly up to midfield were the things I always heard being said about Krahn.. Peter's a snail as well and is for me poorer than Krahn playing the ball up to midfield

Krahn was positionally very good, making up for her lack of speed. Good timing, good view of the game (too unfortunate that she wasn't faster).

I remember the World Cup quarterfinal against France, Krahn was great in that game while Peter was a walking disaster

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I didn't say they (the 2017 dutch women) played total football though. I'm saying their system and approach is in the exact same accordance as their men's team since they initially introduced the idea of a legitimate Dutch system first based around the 3-1-3-3 formation.

And the idea the women kicking the ball long somehow revolutionary is missing my point even further, as I also clearly referenced how SPAIN (first Barcelona) were the nation who took this "dutch total football" system and shifted it towards a more possession based style of play.

You clearly don't understand this, but the Dutch style I'm trying to explain as being highly prevalent to the women, is there because it shows ALL of the same common themes many have witnessed with their men; and this for better or worse in relation to obtaining positive results.

I mean have you seen any footage of the male Netherlands teams down the years...? Maintaining possession is pretty low on their agenda within teams comprised of super fast wingers who've all loved to go 1v1 against their covering defenders.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can see your tone being mistakenly condescending here, but this doesn't validate your points either, as it really just speaks to the general lacking amounts of genuine female professionalism in ALL SPORT globally, and doesn't indicate leader of women's football in those few countries doing something tremendously different or inventive.

The nations with better resources put towards all female sport ALL do better as wnt's within this still burgeoning sport of women's football. So I repeat, nobody is witnessing any ingenuous machinations here.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    what about a new thread for the remaining WC qualifiers matches and for a possible world cup

blissett repped this.
  9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    When Steffi's done, it seems like a fitting time to make a new thread

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ill make a new thread when Steffi resigning is official. I am accepting suggestions

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    hmmm

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The 'Jurgen Klopp Era' ?

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    One week and Steffi’s done?? :):)

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lmao Schmidt??

Attached Files:

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hopefully this is Jones and Peter’s last match

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I haven't found anything official that this would be Jones last game(based how well she does). They didn't want to fire her after her poor performance in the Euros, nor after the disastrous Iceland qualifier, can't see it with just a friendly/ or the loosing score would have to be pretty hefty. Don't see that happening since Jones is a ball control freak & surely by now she saw the horrid mistake of sending her best CB upstream & leaving the penalty box area in the defenseless legs of Peter.

At least Jones sees new talent in her pick of Gwinn. But what's the point? Gwinn loves the open field(her fast break goal vs WOB & the helpless Peter) What is she suppose to do with Jones version of endless side passing & cramping up the attacking field with as many players as possible,

The new Feldcamp pick along with fellow Essenians; Dallmann, Klassen & Schuller, shows the influence of the assistant & former ES coach, Hogner. But Essen was only good enough to tie Bremen, 0-0 in their last game.

Notables missing; Goessling, Simon. Dabritz, Demann, Petermann. Doorson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime the French NT has been looking good lately despite bringing in a batch of new players with names like Gauvin, Katelo, Sarr, Cisosoko, Jaurena, Geyoro, La Gerree, Torrant & Langere.
    They seem to have an afro bent about them,. which could mean more athletic, but then again their new coach has eased the pedal down a bit from the rapid pace style of her predecessor.

We'll see what transpires, but a friendly is usually played out between which six subs(from either team) jell together at the end. I just can't see the DFB judging based solely on that

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ive got no proof for it but I dont think bringing all the Essians in when Högner was their coach is well liked in the team.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Catala? o_O

Cissoko

Le Garrec? :cautious:

Torrent. This could have been spelled wrong intentionally, but these are not the times anymore when it was needed for "internet" reasons.

This one, spelled this way, I can't even imagine who should it be supposed to be! :x3:

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well the women NT hasn’t been much written about so might be the reason why you haven’t read a lot about them.

I also don’t get why Gössling’s not nominated? Isn’t the game in her town or something

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1195 Batfink, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Whenever I think of the DFB allowing a Neid centered influence to permeate throughout this program, in my mind I create an image just like this..
    [​IMG]

So I can only hope the DFB are genuine in their recent claims of wanting to address the state of women's program after this next friendly.

Thomsen repped this.
  21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Watching Blässe, I'm amazed by watching some of her decisions and passes.

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Batfink repped this.
  23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Disappointed"
    "Disrespectful"
    "Game infront of my backyard"
    "Don't know all the reasons going on in the background"
    "Deserve more than this after 97 caps"
    "I dont understand the reason as it was explained to me: my behavior when defending, either
    "I am playing on the 6 here in the club(contrary to the NT) and then looking at the other call-ups - I AM SORRY!

Thomsen repped this.
  24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Blaming the best (by a far distance) DM option Germany has, for not being able to defend correctly while playing next Peter in a CB role....
    [​IMG]

Oh, and to make this even better/more ridiculous, Peter remains in the squad still struggling to find anything that resembles form, while Goeßling's replaced with... U-20 international Jana Feldkamp lol.