Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Norway/Netherlands will end up in the playoffs

blissett repped this.
  2. flax

flax Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sweden
    The Netherlands or Norway is likely to be in the playoffs and could threaten a poor Germany I suppose.

blissett repped this.
  3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Dutchies will finish first and Norway are an even bigger shambles

4. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Sweden or Denmark will be there. Most likely Denmark now - if they are allowed to continue.

blissett repped this.
  5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then again... missing out on the WWC would probably throw an h-bomb into the whole program. Like a Euro 2000 moment. Ill approve of that!

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If I remember Germany-Italy at Euro 2017, even the second-placed team of the group with Belgium and Italy could maybe pose a problem...

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Italy is in fact the only team Id consider a threat to Germany

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but your forgetting your own words; you were rather critical of your fave, Meinert, when she converted to a more effective high press & counter attacking game during the 2014 u20 WC, You blurted something like....."this is NOT in the dfb manual". Yet that was the last time time Meinert won a major championship.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I remember the major concerns I had with that particular team... from the little fact Meinert had lost about half of her U-19's teams first choice players through injury, to her eventual decision to create a more risky 4-2-4 centered style all focused around the teams forwards being able to create and score goals through far more sequences of pure individualism.

I even remember Meinert herself later talking about that triumph being her finest accomplishment in coaching, creating a completely new look team around a very alien style to the one she'd always used previously; this style come philosophy also used to great effect in creating two of the best U-20 sides to appear at that particular age level too.

So I don't see how Meinert making the very best of a bad situation in 2014 proves, or validates, any of your arguments trying to suggest the German wnt start following the pathway of other nations who honestly wish they had the same level of infrastructure for footballing success in place.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Meinert lost an entire back four and central mid-field a few weeks prior to the start of the 2014 U-20 WC, and still converted a new group of second choice FW's/AM's/CM's into a solid WC winning team.

I can tell you right now that's not happening without these players being part of a strong coaching system leaning on a very strong sense of footballing identity.

I mean I know you have some weird irrational dislike for the DFB having a highly successful national curriculum across both it's genders, and all it's age groups; but dismissing the times a German wnt looks fantastic while being the best version of themselves, doesn't really help me take any of your current assertions seriously...

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sorry to say batfink, but if anything, you've been way more highly critical of German coaches. You didn't even want to give Silv Neid the nod after winning the Olympics, You were always condemning her, whereas I gave her heads up for out smarting the other coaches, particular Pia in the gold medal winning game.

We're both fans of the German NT(me ore for it's players), otherwise we wouldn't be here. But I see the world's women's programs always evolving(so thus, actually more interesting than bro so) & so a need to change, whereas you want to German program return/or play like back to it's last decade's former glory. But the rest of the world, indeed, has caught up.

and I'm not here spouting the US as the greatest; hopefully Blissett can back me up, but my very fave team been the Matlidas. I've been a fan of them for quite a while and cheered for them, not the US, in their recent Tournament of Americas victories. I made a threat(a few years back) on the Dutch team since I knew they had the potential as well to accomplish great things.

while their might be variations, the Dutch & Aussies are alike that they both play with a bare midfield, preferring over the top long balls instead of battling for midfield domination.

I totally disagree with you if your still thinking the Dutch are still playing the 'total football' concept of the 1970's broso team/they were more like get the ball as fast as possible up to their fwds so they'll have the extra space to work with before the opposing teams has time to set up defenses.

Iceland played in similar(vs Germany) in that get the ball quickly up their fwds, who had huge chunks of space to work, and all this while Jones dumbfoundedly send Hendrich up to the attack. leaving her defense barely to cope with the counter attacks.
    It Jones was trying to use her own wacky 'total football' concept, but switching Maier over to the the more(for her) uncomfortable left FB side, so can add another two attacking players from the back(Blasse & Hendrich).proved a disaster as once again the top half the field got cramped with too many getting in the way of each other to make an effective offense.

At the other hand, Hendrich along with the late come, Schuler, shows they got the speed, if only Jones would play the blistering or fast breaking game that other NT's like The Dutch or Australia are doing right now, and this why if only Elsig would take over, she would produce those accurate long balls, spoon fed right on their feet.

as for your mention in the more staple world of broso,, your probably a big fan of Jurgen Low, But after a long dry spell it was anyways Germany's time to shine. I kinda prefer the more older version when it produced arguably greatest winger ever, Karl Heinz Rummenigge!

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    well Germany have to beat Iceland next year, hopefully without Jones as coach

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schröder has come out in an interview saying Germany has been playing shit for at least the last 2 years and that includes the last year under Neid stating just firing Jones wont do the trick

datschge and Thomsen repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, your absolutely right about me being very critical of Neid, and that's because I stupidly defended this same coach after her WC failure on home soil, when much more forward thinking minds around here were already suggesting her coaching skills looking increasingly limited.

This also being why I think it a genuine lie to see anybody use such poor hindsight about Neid's Olympic success, as the struggles she went through during those final years of her not rejuvenating the senior team, is what's clearly eventually lead to a lot of what's going on right now.
    First.. the only reason women's football in most of the world can develop at it's current speed, is completely thanks to it thriving off the increasingly impressive, major money projects, being created within the far more evolved youth structures of the men's game.

And second... to say I want the German wnt to return to a style best showcased back in it's Prinz days, is truly disingenuous too; as all I ever speak about is the way the senior team has completely wasted the last 10 years of the youth program, never seeking to redevelop the themes and ideas we've all witnessed being successful for highly symbiotic domestic club and youth international scenes.

From persistently questioning Neid's reluctance to introduce young CB's more accustomed to the demands of modern women's football, or being openly adamant that the senior team truly out of touch with the wider improvements of the club scene, all I've done for most of my time here is showcase my growing impatience for the Neid era holding back the senior team's transition towards a new player pool, better capable of competing for the modern games top prizes.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Really... Because I'm pretty sure you, and a lot of other people, also couldn't shut up endlessly talking about France being the next world beaters too; this all because they were supposedly a program filled with superior athletes (in your words aka possesing players of African ethnicity), making them the natural heirs to take over from European based German superiority...:rolleyes:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK, if you honestly believe this is the way all German wnt's play, fine... I can't be bothered to discuss all the evidence that suggest's the fatal flaw in this thinking, so I'll just say this..

While the senior team and the U-17's continues down it's path of Silvia Neid's archaic leadership, I'll be willing to make a not so bold statement and say we'll also see Meinert take another U-20 team deep into another junior WC, showcasing a strong and cohesive 4-2-3-1, utilizing a dedicated #10, focused around swift attacking football.

Meaning the U-17's lead by another Neid coaching choice, will be packed with talent, but look tactically inept and eventual fail. While the U-20's lead by a women more closely aligned to the DFB's coaching standards and ideas, will be packed with talent, looking tactically strong, and probably do very well.

Leaving us with the seniors likely showcasing no tactical growth, no player development, going on to fail at another WC (should they even qualify...:speechless:), thanks to the legacy of Neid being allowed to remain front and center of the DFB's women's program.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One coach doesn't believe in the relevance of the improved domestic club scene, and doesn't trust youth internationals, then picks her own replacement who lacks any top level experience, and later goes on to parrot the same nonsense the previous coach was saying when everybody was asking questions about their job security...

It's the exact same ridiculous narrative that was coming from Neid... do the math lol.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's true, I was a big fan of the French coach, Enchourfri; he only lost one out of 16 games during his brief NT career. But he was a bit unlucky going into that final game vs England in the Euros; he lost Majri & Cascarino do to injuries, Perisset & Renard due to cards, but he did actually get outsmarted by Sampson as well. His other big mistake was he didn't star arguably the fastest player in the world, Thomis. Thus he had no one to turn to when Sampson started a dangerously high line. Only once England scored & immediately parked the bus, finally he put Thomis in but obviously now her speed was neutralized.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    any predictions tomorrow vs the Faroe Islands? FI now lost two games by the twin scores of 8-0 to Iceland & Czechs. Probably Jones was going to take it easy & play her B team, but with her job on the line, she'll have to push for a high score win.
    Another thing she's hoping is that Iceland will come down from their big rush from the upset of the century & play flat tomorrow vs the Czechs who proved a bit stronger than we all though at first thought.

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Should score a lot of goals at least to try and advance on goal difference if Iceland do their job...

I do want to see Elsig today, but that won't probably happen....

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt if the Faroe Islands(pop. 50K, spread over several islands) will even get it past the half way line; Like I've mentioned previously, Elsig long ball style does not suit either Jones or the previous Neid, who seems to want a meticulous, short passing game instead.
    But you got to worry about not over doing it; Neid ended up being the most hated coach in Europe when in one qualifier, Germany beat Kazakhstan, 17-0. & instead of showing the goal, most highlight vids kept showing high fiving all her players every time they scored!

btw.............I wonder if the Iceland coach can afford something more than blue jean for his game day gear? lol

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But with Babett Peter in the defense anything can happen.... :thumbsup: Wouldn't it be possible for Steffi to be a bit more flexible about her playing style; long balls and short passing game? :thumbsdown:

I like the Icelandic coach, the women are playing just like the men

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i like the Icelandic coach too(just his casual attire reminded me on my days of coaching rec soccer, lol).
    He really understood the concept of swift, attacking soccer(please Jones, take notes!), He did form a strong press/trap, not too high, but at midfield as he knew predictably, Jones would mount her starting thrusts right through the center. And then of course, with all the tackling turnovers, get the ball quickly over to their attackers,(helped by Jones major blunder by sending her best defender, Hendrich, upfront/or at least out of position)

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Doorsoun as RB hmm