Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #576 Thomsen, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    ???

Oh obviously I saw Kemme and Huth in action few days ago.. i haven't been very updated the last month

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Too bad... we had four or three chances to win the pen shootout...

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, perhaps a fair result after Germany completely dominating the game. The ref also should have red carded a norway player at at least one situation. But certainly one of Norways best youth squad in years

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I only followed the shootout so, but Germany is pretty close to my heart so it doesn't bother me that much as it normally would do when a norwegian squad loses. Anyway, the girls got further than the U-17 boys who didn't get through the group stage unfortunately...

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How's Kemme's chances to start in the 11? I've barely thought about her in the start 11 the last months

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to say I really like the new media shoots they did. They are getting more professional

[​IMG]

Thomsen repped this.
  10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I've never liked those new German kits tho, I prefer the old ones!

How much playtime in Lyon this season has Henning tho? why play a center back in the euro's with no/little playtime for her club, wouldn't make sense to me

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's some nice highlights of one of my very fav players, Linda Dallmann. Hopefully Jones remembers(when choosing her Euro squad) that it was Dallmann that saved her butt in the Canada friendly

Thomsen repped this.
  12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    When's Jones gonna announce her Euro squad?

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here are highlights of Lina Magull's amazing season.

Germany might just have the 3 best attacking mids in the world(Magul. Maro & Dallmann), but they can only use usually just one in in that particular spot/ Unbelievably, Stefi Jones so far prefers at AM either Popp or Mittag, who neither one had a particular great pro season. Hopefully Jones figures this out before it's too late!

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm not so enthusiastic as I usually am when it comes to Germany in tournaments, but I'm thrilled to see Germany in the World Cup 2019 if Jones gets rid of Peter/Henning and replaces them with the likes of Elsig/Wensing/Hendrich. Do you know how it's going with Wensing?

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    29 is going to become 23. 2 of the goalies and 4 players. Who is it gonna be?

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #592 Batfink, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    2 GK: Schult - Weiß - Schlüter on call

8 DF: Maier (RB/LB) - Demann (CB/DM) - Hendrich (CB/DM) - Peter (CB) - Kerschowski (RB/LB) - Blässe (RB) - Simon (LB) - Elsig (CB) (Henning?)

6 MF: Däbritz (CAM) - Magull (CM/CAM) - Kemme (CM/CAM) - Doorsoun (CM/DM) - Dallmann (CM/CAM) - Popp (CM/DM) (Goeßling?)

6 FW: Mittag - Huth - Petermann - Bremer - Marozsan - Islacker (Kayikci? - Schüller?)

Unlike a potential player of the year candidate Elsig, Jones is clearly protecting Henning who's done absolutely nothing in years now to prove herself physically competent to play at this level anymore.

So if Elsig is now competing with 2 unfit players, a talented unknown factor, and a teenage potential star, surely Jones HAS to take Elsig if she's serious about evolving this team.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You would've though tho that there's someone in DFB's system to tell Jones that Henning isn't good enough? :thumbsdown:

In the WC 2015, I was very impressed by Julie Jonston's performance. If I remember correct, she hadn't much experience from big games. I think Elsig could do a "Johnston" and be absolutely fantastic in Netherlands.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's the thing I'd be concerned about... I genuinely believe Jones has been told by more than one person Henning isn't good enough; this for me best observed in her (lacking) post match analysis of Henning's various egregious errors, increasingly sounding like this one player her own personal rehabilitation project.

I mean if you watch the games vs Russia, Hungary, Austria, Netherlands, Norway, USA, you see Henning making at least 1 critical error each match. And even after dropping her for one game vs France, Jones still goes back to starting Henning in the following two matches lol.

I've never seen this happen for a player at highest level of sport, without a coach making clear concessions to benefit a special talent; this of course something I wouldn't ever call Henning right now.

Elsig's 25, Demann 24, Hendrich 25. So for all this talk of high level experience, I don't see what Peter 29, Henning 27, have done as CB's for the national team that suddenly elevates them above everybody else...?

Thomsen repped this.
  20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmmm, I think the equivalent of a Julie Jonston scenario for Germany, would have been if Silvia Neid immediately promoted Margarita Gidion after her impressive individual 2014 U-20 WC.

Gidion was also a athletic mid-fielder/forward converted to playing in a new defensive role for her U-20 national team, and would have been a great addition to the current senior teams defensive talent pool; but it's pretty clear the German senior team no longer seeks to groom their talented CB's anymore.

See, because after developing 3-4 generations of talented U-19/20's, even standouts like Wensing couldn't get close to becoming a senior team regular. And this after Wensing's generation managed to produce the best series of results in the programs entire history lol.

Thomsen repped this.
  21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #596 Thomsen, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Plus Henning's mistakes, she's a pretty slow center back as well. I thought things were going to get better with the German defense after Neid's departure, but the Peter/Henning combo is even worse than Krahn/Bartusiak :thumbsdown:

It doesn't help either when Blasse/Kerschowski sometimes are completely out of position. Maier/Simon are my preferable full backs for Germany, just too bad Steffi prefers the Wolfsburg back line + Henning :/

Also I never know about Schult either lol.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I honestly feel if Meinert had taken the senior coaching job, we would have seen a complete reversal on the persistent CB concerns still lingering from the Neid era.

There's no excuse why Krahn - Bartusiak - Peter - Henning have been the main CB options for the past decade of the German wnt lol. Not in the same time frame Germany's also witnessed it's best run of youth level success.
    I don't get this either... they've started the most games in the Jones era, but neither Blässe or Kerschowski have shown the simple ability to defend while being part of a cohesive defensive unit.
    I don't think Schult continues as Germany's first choice GK past the Euro's.... we've already seen more GK's receive national team exposure than any period under Neid, so people shouldn't be surprised to see a new face eventually take advantage of Schult's constant inability to appear irreplaceable or commanding in goal.

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Schult was the best German player in the semi final and final in Rio last year, but she's very inconsistent. There's a good replacement in Benkarth tho.

Very unfortunate that Meinert didn't want the job as head coach. Idk tho, with a bad result in the Euro's for Jones, is she gonna continue to the WC 2019? :thumbsdown:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, I don't think she was better than Däbritz, or more important to winning games than Behringer during the entire Olympics; but I'm definitely looking at Lena Nuding to be pushing for the German #1 spot by the next WC, while Schult finds herself under some serious pressure from Schlüter heading into these Euro's too.
    I don't know why... but at every level people will always look for reasons why the German wnt should/could/will fail. However, Jones as a rookie/novice coach has come into the German senior program while it has what I feel to be the best player in the world right now, and a squad filled with a lot of talent from the most successful youth period in the history of the DFB's women's program.

So yeah.. even if she's not a great coach, she's still be head coach of a senior German wnt packed with a lot more game winning talent than many people will currently give it credit for; meaning she'd probably have to accomplish something truly awful, to fail in a way that requires her instant removal, and I just don't see that happening.

Lechus7 repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, Sara Dabritz was great and scored some crucial important goals for Germany. Not sloppy goals either. I hope she can produce some moment of magic in the Euro's, but tbh I haven't really seen Dabritz shine under Jones. Jones has a real talent in Dabritz, and she has a LOT of talent in her squad, but as so you've said; Steffi's throwing away the players potential by playing the dreadful center back duo who can't even pass the ball up to midfield so Maro has to do it for them lol.

Well Germany have won the Euro's 6 times consecutive, wouldn't a quarter final exit be viewed as a scandal and truly awful with such a talented squad? :thumbsdown:

Caroline Graham Hansen said in an interview that she's sure that Germany won't win the Euro's because they just aren't good enough this year. That's wrong because with better coaching and picking the right players, Germany have a squad capable of beating anyone.