Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... first I'd say the Olympic's are, and will always remain, a truly poor tournament to seriously assess the future of the women's game (it should be U-23 +3 overage players on the women's side too), and 2nd those are some really broad strokes your applying if your trying to suggest the entire German program for a 6-8 years has been a reflection of Silvia Neid's senior team.

See, in a time period the German youth wnt program has continued to be pro active in changing the direction of it's domestic player pool, clearly fully aware of the changes within women's football globally, many people for years have said the senior team controlled by Neid hasn't reflected any of the progressive changes of the nations U-15's/17's/19's/20's age groups.

And this is why to people not paying attention it's Jones who seems to found a glut of more dynamic options, when on closer inspection it's obvious we're just seeing the players Neid should have utilized/groomed better coming out of various youth teams where things like quality #10's became a norm, and an improved quick multi faceted transition game often countered oppositions increasing efficiency to better utilize stifling passing tactics, or athletic counter-bunkering styles.

I mean I don't know what quality of men's football your watching to honestly believe the women's tournament at the Olympic's showcasing a growing similarity...:confused:, but I think your seriously confused connecting the Olympic's as the direct cause for the senior teams current look under Jones.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you misunderstood . post Olympics means AFTER the Olympics, And we've seen several shake ups coaching wise on top teams like France, Brazil & Japan. I believe the emphasis for the new coaches for France & Brazil is too play a more rapid, speedier game then the previous norm, as well as more physical ala John Herdman

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, if anymore teams play as physically as Canada, you'd need to start erecting cages around the field...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I understood exactly what the word "post" meant in your assessments of the near future of women's football, and it still doesn't change my thoughts about you not seeing how the last 5 years of Neid's reign had very little association with Germany's overall youth system, and it's various progressively dynamic styles of play.

Yes, you can identify the emergence of a few teams who positively change their style prior/during the Olympics, but not only are the Olympics a horrible tournament to assess the next trends of all football, but recently saw Germany win Gold by playing some of the worst football their programs known during an 8-10 year run of unprecedented junior success, so...:confused:

I mean look... the women's game begins to become more defensively robust, Germany produces some of the best AM/#10's it's ever had at junior level. The game see's more nations become effective at a using quicker transitional approaches, and Germany see's it's most athletic generations of individual talent coming through it's junior ranks too.

So I could go on and describe even more examples here, but Neid being unwilling/unable to utilize the strengths of her program over the last 8 years, shouldn't equate to the DFB or Jones following a new path post the Olympics.... as this new path was already set years ago.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is more laughable? Neid as coach of the year or Kerschovski as NT player of the year?

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Definitely Isabel as NT player of the year :// Neid won gold in Rio so that's not surprising at all

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U17s
    Germany - France 7-2
    Germany - England 7-2

:x3:

@shlj anything you can tell us about this?

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I did not see England v Germany but saw France beat England 2-0

Very impressed by Germany's technical and tactical maturity against us. Although the intensity level was very high, let's say the France v England intensity was at level 70, the France v Germany level was at 100 and the French girls could not cope with it.

I have been watching those three nations tournament for like 3 seasons now and it is impressive to see every year the same conveyor belt of players with the same strength in certain positions.

Stolze was very good for Germany which is not a surprise.

France and Germany U17 will play again next month in France and I will attend the Elite Round in England when England will meet Germany again.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanx for the insights. I was just surprised to see the results when they always keep on telling us wherever possible that German would be losing out on the youth level. I know those where test games but still the end result tell their own story I think

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    830804918478962688 is not a valid tweet id

P to the Wee repped this.
  11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and once again, this is deplorable, JoJo Elsig is simply the best darn CB on the planet! She should be on the NT, how long until Jones figures this out?

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Too bad about Lena and Simone, I hope they'll recover to the Euros!

Fatmire Alushi retired some days ago, not surprisingly.

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dunno what to make of this but France were pretty much played off the park. still 0-0

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Name?

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Funny, you ask this....

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hendrich is such a way better option that Henning - watched the German games and Henning is the real problem in the german defense. The full backs are fine, but I hope to see Maier as the German right back rather than Blasse. The German attack look weak, don't really see what Steffi's trying to do?

Anyway new match soon against England, let's hope for a better game then.

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The arguably best striker at the moment Huth is injured.

Yes Hendrich did well and better than Henning.

Maier has been out of form recently and she plays the right DM in the pivot.

Go to youtube and watch the games of last fall where the plan was very obvious: Austria, Netherlands and the game vs you guys. With the exception of the US all three plus France got outplayed imho. Cant remember the last time to took the game to France and outplayed them.

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Is Huth gonna be fine for the Euros??

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She was fine before the start of SBC but was given time to recover. So she said as co-announcer during the Buli game on the Sunday before the flight to the US

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the Huth/Kemme combination upfront worked well for Turbine Potsdam(both were on the injury list), and whats missing too is Maro not playing attacking mid(she's been back at DM). Except for missing the pk. Islacker(& Kayicki) looked better at fwd than Mittag & Petermann, Actually the hold squad looked better than vs the USA(Jones made 8 different changes in the starting lineup vs France), but the team needed to jell, and instead Jones brought in way too many subs in the 2nd half. But one thing's for sure, everybody now has complained just how bad Henning is. If we see her in the starting lineup again vs England, then I think there's something seriously wrong with Jones!

Here's the replay of the full game, technical difficulties, plus a high camera angle(can't see the jersey #'s) kind of spoil it. But hopefully not seeing Henning on the pitch this time will make up batfink

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hendrich is going back to Germany now for her exam - my German isn't that good but I think the commentator said that.

So probably gonna be Peter/Henning combo again.... Peter is fine as a center back for me.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Peter's only in there because her and gk, Schulte play in the same Wolfsburg team. But even in the last game vs France, she was caught at times hopelessly out of position. Jones still got Demann to play at CB, but last game she for some reason got in into the game as mid-left(don't think she ever plays this for club teams), and Jones still don't want to bring unto the NT JoJo Elsig from Potsdam, who I feel is currently the Bundesliga's MVP