Lee Seung-woo @ Hellas Verona FC 2017/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by skimmilk, Aug 31, 2017.

1. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    to be fair, this is based on one reporter who doesn't exactly view Lee SW in kind way. anyways, i've seen other articles where it was 1m to 1.5m up front.

this is transfermarkt take..£1.35m

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seung-woo-lee/profil/spieler/280239

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyway far from a large sum vs some people's expectations here

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #53 takeuchi, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Fair enough but extremely difficult for me to believe a tweet by ONE sport journalist. His track record.. not to mention BS out of Barcelona throughout this entire summer... difficult for me to believe he was sold to Verona for free (extremely odd imo..). Majority of the articles (including from sport) all cite 1.5m euro reported by Di Marzio.

Anyways, I have more interest in the buyback clause. They usually have set fee.. & yet, we don't know a thing about it so far. I wonder if it is similar to Deulofeu/Denis Suarez ...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40461183

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2016/7/4/12093754/denis-suarez-barcelona-transfer-villarreal

4. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    this doesnt sound free

5. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    To my memory I've had two conversations with you, including this one, and one of them was you responding to my post first and calling me a fake fan or something to that effect. So who is the hater? :ROFLMAO: I respond to your posts without a "positive mindset" because to be honest I think your posts contain a lot of nonsense. Your post about Lee Seungwoo and physicality is another example. If you dislike your posts being criticized, don't post. Or put me on ignore list. Or make better posts.

You're right that goals change the way tournaments are perceived, but that doesn't mean the perceptions are correct. For what it's worth I agree that our 2010 tournament is overrated by some. We started extremely nervously in all four games. But to say that the goals were the only difference between 2010 and 2014 is an overstatement. In 2010 when we fell behind we rallied and played well in some of the games. When we took the lead against Greece, we dominated the game. Compare that to how we reacted when leading against Russia or how we did when playing a must-win game against 10-man Belgium with qualification to R16 already secured.

I really don't know what you're saying about improvement. Of course fans want their teams to improve. What fan would not want that? This is a completely bizarre argument. Now maybe you mean some fans expect too much improvement, which is true in some cases. But considering how sh!te we've been over the past 4 years, I don't think is unreasonable at all. For christ sakes we're in danger of not qualifying out of the weaker (by far) of the two AFC groups. How is that not a situation that requires improvement?

Lastly, some people have this odd idea that just because we've had multiple managers and still been trash, it means the managers are absolved. That's even more nonsense. It means we've hired a series of trash managers. No, it doesn't mean they were the only problem (because I know someone will inevitably throw that strawman), but it certainly doesn't mean they had nothing to do with it. This is far from a golden generation, but are you saying that our players are so bad we can't even compete with Iran for top spot? That we have to scrap it out with Uzbekistan for qualification? From a group as weak as this, we should be comfortably qualifying. Not waiting until the last match-day to find out if we have to go through play-offs. But go on, keep talking about how our players are so bad that the best any coach can do is scrape by China, Syria, and Qatar. I suppose if you've accepted that illusion, then you're perfectly fine with no improvement from this mediocrity.

doraemon and Hodori repped this.
  6. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    I read your whole thing, is it the manager's fault that we're 4-1-0 at home but 0-1-3 on the road. I'm scared shit about Uzbek with this record. Ultimately the players have to go out there and play, I always place more blame on the players when it comes to performance. RM/Chelsea/Bar/BM win whoever is the manager. If you put Pep on Everton they'd still finish 6-10th.

7. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It is the manager's fault. You can have one-off games that you lose despite all you've prepared because of a lucky moment or player brainfarts. But when the team consistently looks clueless, especially against teams that are worse than us, that's on the manager.

Answer me this: are our players better, worse, or equal to Uzbek's? Or China's/Syria's/Qatar's? If your answer is better, you just can't dismiss it as our players being crap. If you answered anything else, we're just not going to agree here.

And no, you're completely wrong about those big teams. RM weren't winning when they had Benitez. Chelsea weren't winning anything with RDM. Barcelona weren't winning anything with Martino. Those teams win with different managers because they pick good managers, not because managers don't matter. If you've watched a decent number of games, you would see the difference between Pep's Barca, for example, and Luis Enrique's.

Btw, Everton finishing 6th would be entirely within expectations and acceptable. KNT being two points ahead of Syria is not.

Marco91 repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who knows what the probability of the add ons are? If it's all predicated on LSW winning CL with Verona, it might as well be.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I doubt it's the full 1.5. Di Marzio seems usually agent based and would paint bright side. But in either case the up front fee is minimal.

Whether it was 0 or 2m, signing by itself with a first tier side isn't really a KNT event in itself as we sawwith YSY. Of course if he starts performing against adults...

10. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It makes no sense to me also that there was no upfront fee. Regarding La Liga, Barca may not have wanted him to go to another league team.

11. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    And you say I have selective memory.

RDM won the CL and FA Cup in 2012, that's nothing? Chelsea turned around a 3-1 deficit against Napoli, beat Barca over two legs, and beat Bayern on penalties. Beat spurs/liverpool in fa cup. The reason 2012-13 started off slow was because Chelsea's main striker was fricking Fernando Torres. Whereas they had Drogba who came up huge towards the end of the '12 season. They also just bought Hazard/Oscar and it's not easy to hit the ground running with 3 out of 4 forwards being new players from the previous years' XI, especially when you downgrade at striker so much.

Now your Barca weren't winning with Tata argument.
    2013-14: ATL 90, Barca 87, RM 87
    - Barca tied both games against Atl, if they score one more goal in either game then they win the league. They made the CDR final and lost by one Bale wonder goal.

2014-15: Barca 94, RM 92
    - One long ball to Suarez who scored the winner against RM, if that doesn't go in RM win the league. I guess Enrique caused him to score because he was the manager right.

2015-16: Barca 91, RM 90, ATL 88
    - One goal for RM in any of their 6 draws and they win the league.

2016-17: RM 93, Barca 90
    - If Ramos doesn't score that one header in the 1-1 game then Barca win the league.

Now what is my point? Your going to say I'm cherry picking, I'm literally showing how ONE goal in each season swayed who won the league. The idea that barca weren't winning under Tata isn't true, they were more or less doing the exact same as the other years. The ball just didn't roll his way for one goal essentially. He could have easily won the double. He also got 2013-14 Neymar which was easily his worst season since he just switched continents. The same spanish players also got destroyed by the dutch/chile one month later, which is also Tata's fault?

How about the Benitez wasn't winning at RM. When he got fired he RM was 2 points behind Barca. They ended up finishing 1 point behind Barca with Zidane at the end.

wetcrispy repped this.
  12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well, not for Hellas Verona.. ;)

anyways, hopefully he debuts soon & excels.

13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    1 goal, 2 assists during practice match. Apparently, ppl were impressed with his first performance.

Sons of Thunder, hanul21 and killaorca repped this.
  14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, it's hilarious how scoring a goal in a routine training session actually is considered news worthy.

takeuchi repped this.
  15. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes, Chelsea won under RDM as a fluke. But the following season, and his stints at WBA and Schalke, show that those six months were a fluke. As I've said, managers can lose despite managing well because of the circumstances. And the opposite applies. RDM was an average manager who took charge of a bunch of players glad to be rid of AVB. Once they were over their honeymoon, RDM's mediocrity was exposed.

Your arguments about Martino are hilarious. You can't even point to any evidence that Barcelona were a good team under Martino, so all you can come up with is that they could have won. Guess what? They didn't. By your method of argumentation, I could point out missed chances where RM or AtM could have scored more to "prove" they were the better team. Ridiculous logic.

But more importantly, you keep missing my point. Barcelona could have lost by a goal or won by 4, that doesn't change the fact that they were playing poorly. You can win while playing poorly. You can lose while playing well. It will happen in games here and there. But if you're playing poorly, it's not sustainable, and you will be found out in the long term. (As all of these managers eventually were). Regression to the mean. Have you ever thought to look behind the result and look at the performance?

I am not saying Martino's Barcelona or Stielike's Korea were bad teams because they conceded more goals than their opponents, which seems to be what you're thinking. I am saying they were bad teams because they played badly. With the KNT, for example, the defense was panicking at every counter-attack and set-piece. The attack looked clueless, and goals came through individual moments of brilliance rather than through any well-coached maneuvers. We wanted to play possession, yet we didn't know what to do with the ball in the final third. How can a team hope to win games in the future if there they cannot figure out a consistent path to goal?

We barely won, drew, and lost to teams we shouldn't have. But the more important thing is that our performances merited those results. It wasn't the case that we played well but came out unlucky. We played like sh!te and fully deserved the results we got. That is much more important than whatever the scoreline says.

16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I guess nothing can be worthy with that negativity.

sogyeokdong and batumchange2 repped this.
  17. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

If it were any other player, I'd agree but this is LSW we're talking about. A month ago, half of us were on the verge of freaking out since he didn't have any transfer offers known to the public.

18. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just give him time to adapt. We all know the skill set he has. He just need a chance to showcase his talent. I'm positive about his future. He has that kind of mentality that koreans lack.

killaorca repped this.
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    [​IMG]

please save us next year..

20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    going through visa issues apparently. has been training with the first team (and doing well supposedly) but this may delay his debut

21. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Sons of Thunder repped this.
  22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #72 skimmilk, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #73 skimmilk, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Sons of Thunder and killaorca repped this.
  24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    getting clobbered... maybe a debut in second half with so little to lose

Sons of Thunder, seolseol and aeh1991 repped this.
  25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    30th min and already 0-3...