Lee Kang-In @ Valencia CF 2018-2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by melonbarmonster, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  2. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  3. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  4. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019

I still think he should seek a permanent move to Ajax.

nmssis repped this.
  5. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oohwee scoutnation made a video on him

nmssis repped this.
  6. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hyok, cappuccino_kid, jessypjs and 2 others repped this.
  7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the Korean talking heads were saying that Levante manager spoke to LKI directly

8. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    nmssis repped this.
  10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Levante sporting director says they haven't contacted Lee KI yet.. but flat out says they want Lee KI on loan.

https://eldesmarque.com/valencia/va...cia-es-mejor-tener-a-kangin-lee-en-el-levante

whomever is speaking for Lee KI also states Paco Lopez (Levante manager) did not call Lee KI

http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/view.do?ncd=4229922

anyways, this shit is going to drag on. imo, U20 WC did more harm than good for his outlook next season as far as "transfer" is concerned. U20 WC didn't change the mind of Marcelino (Valencia manager) while the club front office.. who also has to take into accounts of fans... are stuck in crappy situation (also, they aren't going to sell Lee KI at any cost unless someone cough up 80m euro buyout clause).

Lee KI wants to play but he is stuck in a limbo. Valencia will wait to decide on Lee KIs future depending on players they can sign (basically players Marcelino want).

11. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019

Lee needs to ask for a permanent transfer out of that hellhole. He owes nothing to that club. Marcelino is a brain-dead wanna be. He's no genius, and that greedy Chinese owner has only money on his mind. Lee needs to look out for himself.

12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He signed a contract.

Valencia acquired Cillessen.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    which means, whatever promise or project they laid it in front of Lee KI to sign his 1st team contract isn't kept in the mind of Lee KI (and probably his agent), time for him to throw a tantrum like every modern footballer to seek mins elsewhere

edit - anyways, i wish he never played at U20 WC. all it did was take spotlight away from other youth prospects from Korea while he is stuck in the same exact situation as before the U20 WC (pretty much same clubs are chasing him to sign him on loan while no one is willing to pay 80m euro). should have sorted his club situation like Jeong WY & probably receive his 1st senior NT cap instead (likely vs Iran.. as Paik SH got his debut)

14. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Is there a correlation between playing the U20 WC and not finding a team right away ? probably not, he's in the spotlight now and many Spanish clubs have shown their interest in him. The transfer window is open until the end of august, if clubs are truly interested in signing him, they will do it. Maybe I'm missing your point but I don't see the link between the U20 and the transfer window.

Yes he'd have probably received his first NT cap but is that a big deal he'll receive it in September instead ? As a KNT supporter, I won't bite the hand that fed me, due to his performances Korea reached the final of an international competition and LKI received the golden ball (the youngest player having received it along with Messi). That's an achievement quite incredible.
    A called up against Australia is meaningless compared to that (imo).

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #215 takeuchi, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    "not finding a team right away"? he probably could have searched for a new team right away instead of participating in U20 WC (ex- Jeong WY)? U20 WC raised his popularity but also, a tool for Valencia in their attempts to enrich themselves by promoting Lee KI to potential Korean sponsors. that is another reason for Valencia to not "sell him".. or even make quick decision on a loan deal. Lee KI was wanted by the same clubs before the U20 WC btw.. so, it really didn't make a difference except few clubs outside of Spain willing to purchase him (but not crazy enough to pay his buyout clause). raised profile & popularity complicated a lot for Lee KI.. especially, considering the reports from Spain & Korea.. kid wants to join a new club before the pre-season.

as for the 2nd part. yes, i have a completely different take. great achievement to reach the final of U20 WC but also, it is simply a youth tournament. however, for me.. it is more about senior NT. for me, he is clearly one of the best 23 players for Korea. in that aspect, he should be with senior NT .. even if the June friendlies were "meaningless". at least it allows him to integrate into Bento system & have meaningful mins in Sept WCQs.

wetcrispy repped this.
  16. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    JWY and LKI's cases are way different. LKI buyout clause is 80 millions while Freiburg will eventually spend 6 millions (or something like that) to purchase JWY. That buyout clause automatically makes a transfer more difficult to happen (WC or not). Imo, that's the buyout clause who makes the things harder rather than the WC, but the latter strengthens the problem, though.
    Imo, I'm not against a loan (Valencia is willing to loan him) and I'm not against him to stay at Valencia provided he gets playing time.
    For the rest, I agree.

nmssis repped this.
  17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #217 takeuchi, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    a full transfer.. umm, yea. agreed..

i was thinking "loan" when i made my statement, granted.. i prefer he leave Valencia permanently as long as Marcelino is the manager.

edit - btw, Valencia are much more hesitant to loan Lee KI. while Marcelino made his position on Lee KI clear & i don't think it has changed at all but Valencia front office sort of wants him to reconsider. of course, again.. also depends on the player Valencia sign (rafinha, suarez & cheryshev... i believe Marcelino wants at least 2 from that 3.. while they prefer to sign all 3)

jessypjs repped this.
  18. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    I really wouldn't mind seeing him play left wing like Hazard as long as he gets his playing time. He played up front for the W-20 team anyway. At this point , I think he's too weak to play midfield. He needs to gain more strength. Maybe in two years.

19. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  20. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  21. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    #222 Kenny South, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019

Google translator:

Kang In Lee will not play at Valencia CF next season.
    Marcelino García Toral has decided that the best thing for the South Korean is to leave on loan this summer. The coach understands that the young Golden Ball of the U-20 World Cup has no place in the first team and believes that the best decision for both parties is for the 18-year-old to continue training and growing as an elite player in another team. first division that bets strong for him and guarantees him the minutes that he can not give him. This was reported to the player's agent, Javi Garrido, at the meeting that took place this week in the club's offices with the General Director Mateu Alemany . The decision is made. Kang In does not stay.

The goal of the club right now is to find the best possible destination for the South Korean. Many are the clubs that have knocked on his door during the last month aware of his sporting situation with Marcelino . One of the teams in the Spanish league that has shown more interest is Levante UD . The club and the player have been summoned to future meetings to assess all the proposals and choose the team that offers more and better sports conditions. The two parties are aware of the importance of correcting the election and not cut the meteoric projection of a football player who is called to return to Valencia through the big door with the weight, the shooting and the experience that Marcelino now lacks.

The sale is ruled out
    The entity of Mestalla believes in Kang In as an important future value and does not value at any time the possibility of transferring it. And is that, following its explosion in the World Cup some clubs have addressed the player to transfer the intention to pay for his transfer. Ajax Amsterdam, as Superdeporte reported, was willing to put money on the table to get their services. As well as a team from the Premier. However, the option to sell it is not contemplated in any way in the Mestalla entity.

https://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2019/06/29/decision-tomada-kang-in-lee/417948.html

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Best of luck to him. He'll thrive.

23. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card