Lee Kang-In @ Valencia CF 2018-2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by melonbarmonster, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    As long as he doesn't go to something too big and too crowded.

2. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  3. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Isn't his clause 80 mill? As much as I ********in revere the kid there's no way he'll be bought for that much from who are basically a selling club. I hope he gets a loan.

4. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Don't believe too much in these rumors, it's calciomercato time, we are in early June and every team has already "signed" 10 players so...

Also Valencia is not going to sell Kangin for less than the buyout clause, and Ajax is not going to spend 80m€ for a 18 y.o kid

After the WC, Valencia will meet with Kangin and we'll see what's the decision after that, then I'm sure in case Valencia decides to loan Kangin, there will be a lot clubs asking for him but firstly I think Kangin will do the first part of the preseason with Valencia and then we'll see, I don't see something happening until August tbh

Valencia fans are being very agressive with this topic, Kangin right now is the "apple of my eye" for the fans + the Isco episode is still present and Marcelino and the club need to be careful because it's doesn't matter if he wins the CL, if he makes this fanbase angry, watch out

12th Player and nmssis repped this.
  5. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    LKI's value on transfermarkt just went up from 7.5 to 10mil Euros today. The U20 world cup is helping people realize him as a real talent.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Would love to see nothing more than LKI be successful in Valencia....but if the manager's use of him after signing the senior contract is any indication then...

7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He shud try to stay in Spain so he doesnt need to worry about things like language barriers, etc, so he can focus on football.

chook90 repped this.
  8. icinnercircle

icinnercircle Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    May 24, 2019
    It’s just really unfortunate that Kangin worked so hard to make the first team at Valencia to only end up with a manager like Marcelino that has zero confidence in him and with a 4-4-2 system where his talents largely go to waste.

I hope he doesn’t see going on an assignment as a bad thing/step back. As brilliant as he is, there’s room for lots of improvement and any team where he can get adequate playing time against good competition will help him immensely. I reckon he’ll stay in Spain just because moving elsewhere and having to adapt to their culture and playing style might be too difficult and do more harm than good. Wherever he is, I hope he excels. Expectations are high and there’s a lot of pressure on him so I just hope all goes well.

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    One of the Korean journalists in Poland confirmed official offers from these clubs:

Ajax, PSV, Everton, Chelsea, Juventus, Atletico madrid.

He apparently talked to many scouts directly.

jk1802 repped this.
  10. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Chelsea are banned from the transfer market

11. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i really freaking hope this is true

12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

ooh...Atletico...but if moving I'd prefer Ajax

13. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    The contract extension was a club move because they knew Kangin was going to play the WC and that means exposure, imagine Kangin right now after this WC with his old €20m buyout clause...

I have a feeling that Valencia will keep him, he is to good to send him on loan but we'll see what happens, it's still too early

nmssis repped this.
  14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    seriously, Valencia is an elegant team and would love to see him thrive there

15. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Either the manager or LKI needs to go. No point of keeping him in the team when the manager doesnt even use any playmakers like him.

16. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Yeah, I mean we all do, at the end he is a homegrown player, fortunately he seems quite fond to the city and the club, so as long the club shows belief in him, it doesn't seem like he will want to leave at the first "hard time" moment

nmssis repped this.
  17. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    while he's been playing well in this tournament, let's remember that he's playing against 20 year olds and that he won't be playing at this caliber against senior sides

Angel Bear and Krillin repped this.
  18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    And he's 2-3 years younger than them.

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    You know if he wins the golden ball he'll be the second youngest player to have ever won it after Messi?
    You have to admit that's something...
    I'm also counting the months and the years.

20. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i just notice there being a recency bias after a good tournament performance (HEJ, HIB, LSW, etc)

good performance against lesser-competition -> gets overhyped with high expectations -> a drop in form has fans calling the player trash when it was the fans with unrealistically high expectations

i only want him to adequately develop without too much pressure piled on him when he's back to playing against players 10+ years older than him. him being the "child soccer prodigy" is pressure enough

msc43 and Krillin repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yes but our Asian Games isn't a good indicator when we bring the very best + 3 best Overage players, while all the other countries bring their u21 sides and B sides. Essentially, we really bring old players on average in comparison to other teams (including HIB, LSW and especially HEJ). We really brought a gun in a knife game.
    This is different because all teams are relatively even by age and quality, and Lee Kangin is playing against someone 2 years older than him.

22. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Did you say Ryu Seung Woo?

Angel Bear repped this.
  23. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    #173 Kenny South, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019

I still think Ajax would be perfect place for him considering their history in developing young players.

I don't have any faith in Marcelino at all. He's under too much pressure to win at all cost, and I'm afraid Lee will never get the time he needs. Lee has to go to a team where he will get regular playing time.

I can't wait for him to start playing with SON. LEE to SON combo will be magical.

Bye-bye, I.B. Clueless....

24. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    If van de beek stays, Lee is going to be on the bench at Ajax. Also Dutch league kind of sucks outside of Ajax/PSV.

Would much rather him do a loan within La Liga.

soul24rage repped this.
  25. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019