Leaving early, 2016-17.

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Sandon Mibut, Dec 13, 2016.

1. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montalvo's quality was obvious when I saw him play in Akron. Sturdy, Fast, Technical.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  2. Winter Soldier

Nov 7, 2015
    UCLA teammates Abu Danladi and Jackson Yuiell, and Syracuse central defender Miles Robinson are on the verge of signing GA deals to join former Duke forward Jeremy Ebobisse in the 2017 Generation adidas class.

Though the word making the rounds is that MLS is planning to have a smaller GA class this year, that downsizing has been threatened before but never carried out. A more likely scenario will be that the GA class winds up with six or seven players.

What other players could wind up being signed? Maryland forward Gordon Wild and midfielder Jake Rozhansky and Akron midfielder Jonathan Lewis are among the contenders to be in the upcoming Generation adidas class.

On the senior player signings front, Notre Dame central defender Brandon Aubrey is expected to sign a senior deal. Aubrey is one of the top center-back prospects in this year's draft class. Wake Forest midfielder Jacori Hayes and UCSB forward Nick Dupuy are among the other candidates for an early senior contract.

-Soccer By Ives

3. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    With Cannon gone, and maybe Danladi, Yuiell and possibly Adekoya (to Sounders), and Hernandez to RSL, the cupboard is being depleted quickly at UCLA. There may come a point where prospective recruits don't simply go there because it's a good school with a "big name." Salcedo did get them to the championship game a few years ago. Other than that what has he done to warrant the continued interest of top recruits?

fknbuflobo repped this.
  4. WatzBruin

WatzBruin Member

Aug 23, 2011
    LA - SF Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Me thinks the clock is ticking on the Jorge Salcedo era in Westwood. If all these players do in fact depart the program early, this program may be in for some lean times. I hope this isn't the case but man with these departures coupled with the graduating seniors, the team will be absolutely gutted.

TCS35 and fknbuflobo repped this.
  5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Long rumored, UCLA's Jackson Yueill and Abu Danladi and Syracuse's Miles Robinson are officially announced as GA players.

JoeSoccerFan, OverseasView and ratmalph repped this.
  6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Other names reportedly still in the mix: Gordon Wild (GA), Zach Wright (SKC), Evan Louro and Marcello Borges (NYRB).

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    ratmalph repped this.
  8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    fknbuflobo repped this.
  9. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Given how plugged in you are to that program, combined with Ives' reporting rep, I will take that as official. Thanks.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So here's who I got leaving officially so far.

Reggie Cannon --- Fr. RB --- UCLA --- Homegrown (Dallas)
    Abu Danladi --- Jr. F/MF --- UCLA (via Ghana) --- Generation Adidas
    Kortney Ford --- Jr. CB --- Denver --- Homegrown (Colorado)
    Jose Hernandez --- So. MF --- UCLA --- Homegrown (Salt Lake)
    Jonathan Lewis --- Fr. MF --- Akron – Generation Adidas
    Hector Montalvo --- Fr. CB --- Grand Canyon --- UANL Tigres (Mexico)
    Miles Robinson --- So. CB --- Syracuse --- Generation Adidas
    Jackson Yueill --- So. MF --- UCLA --- Generation Adidas

OverseasView repped this.
  12. ratmalph

ratmalph Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  13. Top Lad

Top Lad New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Club:
    Notts County FC
  14. Winter Soldier

Nov 7, 2015
    It's just completely speculative and it's almost like he's working for the Buffalo college program with blatant promotion of a guy in Cicerone who might make a USL roster next year.

15. Top Lad

Top Lad New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Club:
    Notts County FC
    Mate I was just having a dig from inside his NPSL conference. If you think Cicerone "might" make a USL roster though I think you're having a laugh or trying to get a rise out of someone. the only way we see him shy of MLS is if he goes to an MLS team that wants to get him minutes more than bench experience for a while (like Alex Bono, Taylor Kemp, or even Richie Laryea).

16. Winter Soldier

Nov 7, 2015
    Mate, how do you explain this?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...enders-lead-way-mls-combine-performance-tests

Not sure I see his name anywhere.

17. Top Lad

Top Lad New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Club:
    Notts County FC
    Well that undoes four years of scoring. Damn you got me.

Find me Jack Harrison, Fabian Herbers, Tsu Endoh or Julian Buescher here...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...orgetown-trio-shine-combine-performance-tests

Or find me the annual NFL guys who win the 40 competition at the Combine. The MLS Combine is even less relevant. Man the cannons, lad.

18. Winter Soldier

Nov 7, 2015
    I can find them easily. Google search "GA Players." Ciccerone scored 5 goals against a D2 team this year. Good player but history suggests the draft is about the GA guys. The rest are long shots.

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Guys,

This thread is for players who are leaving school early. Cicerone is a senior. Please discuss him elsewhere.

fknbuflobo repped this.
  20. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Only way he isn't shy of making MLS roster is if he's in the top 15 or so picks. This draft doesn't look nearly as strong as last year and I didn't seen anything that put him in the first round let alone the top half. But I've only seen one game so maybe he had an off night.

21. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    True - Just responding to what I read. Besides I don't think there is going a more on the topic to discuss.

22. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    On the combine web stream yesterday, Sigi said that Wingo (Washington) was being signed as HG.

Probably still unofficial though.

Sandon Mibut repped this.