League 1 Ontario 2019

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RocketRobin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Polygong repped this.
  3. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  4. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  5. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  6. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  7. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Friday August 16, 2019 League 1 Ontario North Mississauga Panthers SC vs Sigma FC played at Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga.

The deciding game of the Sauga City Collective supporter's group Credit River Cup.

My game report at http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19l1o097.htm

All three goals scored by Adel Rahman in front of overflow crowd.

8. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    August 18, 2019 Woodbridge Strikers vs Unionville-Milliken SC at Vaughan Grove.

My game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19l1o098.htm

I attended 29 League 1 Ontario Men's regular season games and saw each team a MINIMUM of 3 times.

Tough with York 9 FC and Toronto FC II games.

Bring on the playoffs!

9. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  10. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  11. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  12. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    sbahnhof repped this.
  13. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Men's Final will be held on Friday September 27th at 8:00pm. It's already been announced as being streamed on OneSoccer.

Asking L1O Commissioner Dino Rossi before Saturday's Women's Final, I found out it will be held at the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan. It's on a Friday as OneSoccer has a triple-header of CPL games on Saturday.

I don't have a problem with that (all going well) although I'm going to have to have to blast away from BMO Training Centre in Downsview where TFC II will have finished playing their final home game of the season in theory by 6:00pm.

It just will be hard on supporters if their team is from out of town. The Men's teams of FC London and Oakville Blue Devils (who actually finished first) are in the quarterfinals right now. London is a two hour drive to Vaughan (north of Toronto) on a Saturday holiday weekend but try to get here on a weeknight with rush hour traffic. Oakville is a lot closer but it's harder to avoid the Toronto traffic.

Also still in the mix are teams inside the GTA:

Alliance United and Master's Futbol both from Scarborough

Sigma FC and North Mississauga both from Mississauga

Vaughan FC from Maple, new field is less than 10 km north-east from Ontario Soccer Centre

Woodbridge Strikers (their home field is less than 500 metres from the Ontario Soccer Centre)

14. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  15. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Thanks for the updates.

It will be interesting to see if Vaughan can come back at home against London to keep alive their hope of returning to the Canadian Championship next year.

16. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just to finish the weekend

Masters beat Sigma FC 5-1 (two PK goals) in a game with as many injuries as goal chances. Not only had Sigma lost 13 guys to school a few weeks ago but today their goalie for the first game of the series two weeks ago was signed short term for Forge FC because Quillan Roberts is in Nations Cup for Guyana.

Oakville won 2-0 so I heard over Woodbridge.

FC London visiting Vaughan tied 2-2 tonight but won the series because they won the first leg 2-1.

I'll post something about the Masters and Vaughan game in the next few days as I'm writing something up about the Canada-Cuba game.

Five games in four days! Thursday L1O playoff, and Friday a TFC II game summarized but now three more games to finish!

17. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Oakville against Master's in one semi-final and Alliance against London in the other.

I have a soft spot for London and their an underdog so I'm cheering for them.

Anyone but Oakville would mean a new representative in the 2020 Canadian Championship which would be fun. London would like be the best for that in terms of attendance as they actually draw pretty well even for regular L1O games.

18. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  19. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  20. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just a quick message from the League 1 Ontario games of Saturday September 14, 2019 as I've got an early start tomorrow.

Today was the first game of the semi-finals with the second legs happening next weekend.

I was at the Masters FA vs Oakville Blue Devils game at L'Amoreaux Park in Scarborough. That ended 0-0 and was a pretty rough game with at least two multi player dustups. At the end of the night both teams had a player Red carded and OBD earned five Yellows and Masters had two. Referee Brian Butler knew what he was doing and didn't fall for any in the box diving.

Trainers had to be called out a few times for injuries to both teams.

I thought there may have been about 100 people on this cool night with the temperature dropping as the sun had set just before the game started.

Good defences on both sides with Spiridon Koskinas for Masters and Lukas Birnstingl for Oakville. Birnstingl has a shutout stretching through the playoffs back to the regular season.

I had started the evening at Mt Joy for the Alliance United vs FC London game as I expected I could be in Oakville next weekend and therefore would have seen the 'final four' again before the championship game.

It was suggested that I leave well before the game started because Alliance had only eleven players and none of their University of Toronto guys were here (two games this weekend?) and the team had no substitutions. They were trying to call in some guys just to sit on the bench and avoid the fine imposed by the league. “The game (score) could get ugly” and “it'll be a massacre” was what I heard. Quite a shock as the team only lost 1 game all season! I took his advice and drove to L'Amoreaux (it was actually on my way home anyway).

Now the two who suggested this were Alliance head coach Ilya Orlov and assistant Julian Green! I'd like to thank them now for their warning as the game ended 5-0 for London. While at the Master's game the L1O tweets stopped early so I though the game was still 1-0. Well the chances of going to the return leg in London next Friday night were remote anyway but now that's saved me the drive for sure. Now AU won't bother to play U of T players even if they have no games next week with a scoreline like that.

More details in a few days but I may have a larger role tomorrow at the York 9 matinee game as a lot of reporters will be at the Toronto FC game downtown (the games overlap) and even the CPL league reporters will be split up as the Forge FC game in Hamilton will end at the exact time as the York game begins.

Rocket Robin
    robing@eol.ca
    twitter @RocketRobin01

21. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  22. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  23. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just watched the Canadian Championship game on OneSoccer (ie MLS Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact). They had the whole post game ceremony--medals, trophies, interviews after the game (the L1O Women's Final had at 93 minutes "Looks like FC London wins and goodnight folks" even though all that stuff was filmed. Tonight seeing the stadium with the 250 Montreal fans who stayed behind at BMO to cheer after the game ended, the L1O post game could rival that in excitement and numbers.

However OneSoccer doesn't have the game in their schedule. Rerun of the Sept 22nd Cavalry vs Pacific game. When will they update? 30 minutes before game time? L1O bent over backwards not playing on Saturday because of OneSoccer holding three CPL games. Game time could be tough on FC London fans getting here +200km away through rush hour GTA traffic.

24. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  25. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto