LDU Quito v Club America [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by fdp, May 24, 2008.

1. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    From a neutral and a first time watcher of the libertadores, this was definately the series I enjoyed watching the most. To me it seemed like America wasn't very sharp today and that Quito was and is a solid unit. They're really fun to watch. I feel for Club America fans as they were close to the final but Quito is a deserving finalist.

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    You beat me to the Chivas example Caturro. I was going to point that out to GammaTec.

Come to think of it, i've never seen GammaTec post on the Mexico boards. Probably just another troll from who knows where...

Also, it's a pet peeve of mine when people confuse club and country as this troll has.

Suerte in la final LDU!

carry on...

3. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The ref was shit tonight, as usual, but Liga was the better of the two teams and is a worthy finalist. Congratulations to Liga and their fans.

4. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok... you are great... still, you lost. You did not qualify oh you oh mighty mighty mexicans. Played well though for whatever it may serve you. But hey, 40 millon dollars later, you still out...out.... BTW, so how did your champ do in Copa Libertadores? How did Chivas do? Are you aware this are all teams, in most countries, who where champions last year? It has nothing to do with this years local tournaments, for that we will have to wait until next year. I guess we will talk about Liga if we win it, and Santos Laguna if they go in, next year.

Oh and bring up the National team, I really have no problem with it. We can talk as much as you want. As for me, I will keep talking about last nights game. I mean it is the Liga vs America thread right?

5. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thanks dude! Appreciate it, and yeah it wasnt a great ref, but I would say the Uruguayan one had a worst hand on the game. However they both were unsatisfactory.

6. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I actually think this is a pretty objective analysis, and Mexican too which is refreshing to see. By far better than other newspapers both from Ecuador and Mexico that I read this morning.

http://mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=58440

Perhaps, though I would not agree with saying the ref had a good performance but mediocre, although when it comes to the cards, they were all legit.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who's celebrating? I don't give a damn who wins it, yes I am rooting for LDU to take the Libertadores but I wouldn't celebrate it, I'm just posting the usual pathetic excuses you guys always post after every Libertadores.

Anyways, I'm sure if America won it all the Mexicans on this board would be having a fiesta, even the pathetic Chivas fans who lower themselves to cheering for America just because their Mexican :rolleyes:

8. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You see the little picture, like a little frejole. Look at the bigger picture, if it wasnt for South Americans playing in your league, you're league wouldnt even be mediocre, let alone invited to Copa Libertadores.

Actually, we're celebrating a South American victory ;)

9. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dear Mexican, when I tell you mexican soccer would be crap without south americans I dont lie. We'll see tonight and Sunday when you face Argentina, and Peru where in the rankings you really belong. Because as you say, mexicans are great at futbol right. Cant even beat USA :D

10. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    So he can win a Copa Libertadores.

11. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    llora mexico llora jajaja el dinero ya no compra copas..... la hinchada de america es como una pelicula de Charlie Chaplin, no se escucha nada pero cuando lo ves te mueres de la risa :D
    REGRESA A MEXICO LLORANDO Y RECUERDA KE TE DESPLUMAMOS EN ECUADOR......

12. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Hypocritas...cuando el Atlante jugaba Saprissa en San Jose hicieron todo el ridiculo pare irse al suelo y hasta el portero de Atlante pegaron a un junta bolas de 12 anos. Y despues trato de decir que habia falta de seguridad en el estadio...

Gracias, LDU!

13. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Really?

Wasn't Atlas doing that in Buenos Aires vs Boca and Lanus? Yes.

Wasn't Pachuca doing that in San Jose vs Saprissa? Yes.

Wasn't America doing that in Santos? Yes.

Pot, meet keetle. Kettle, pot.

Stop crying.

14. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    juajajaja....valid reason :D

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lets not forget that if the referee didn't take away a legit goal from Santos in the game at Azteca, America wouldn't have even been in the semis.

But I didn't see any of them crying about that :rolleyes:

16. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Of course not, why would they....

17. This Magic Moment

This Magic Moment New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    I was just browsing through, really don't care for either team, but some of the trash talking here is funny. Especially from the Central Americans who don't even participate in the competition. Then again, they tend to talk crap whenever any South American team beats a Mexican team. They also all seem to gravitate around Boca Jrs. Glory Hunting, much?

This quote caught my attention though.

Funny, I thought the score was 0-0 with a bunker tactic. Not discounting the effectiveness or legitimacy of the tactic, but isn't it a bit much to say you "slaughtered" the opposition?

18. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Do you know how to read spanish? I'm no spanish expert, but I've yet to see in that quote where it says "slaughtered" in spanish.

19. This Magic Moment

This Magic Moment New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    "Desplumamos" suggests that they "plucked" the Eagles' feathers. Used as slang, it translates roughly to the same thing as "slaughtered" would in American slang.

20. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Thats your translation but thats merely the first step in the slaughtering process, if you've ever been to one of them pollo slaughtering establishments. Quite frankly, "plucked" the eagles feathers they did.

21. Eguis

Eguis Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Congradats a LDU Quito, ellos merecen estar en el final! Una cosa es Guerron necesita pasar el balon un poco mas a sus compañeros abiertos y ellos necesitan aprovecharse de sus oportunidades de gol porque que ni Flu o Boca lo van a perdonar.

22. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think the ref was that bad, and even if he was America failed to score anyway. I guess the memo never got to Luna about America needing to score. Liga were the ones doing the attacking most of the game.

23. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Still don't know what's up with Bieler, he had a great chance to score but stops in the middle of the play to look at the linesman to see if he was offside or not.

24. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    So I wasn't hearing things, then...

I thought I heared someone blowing the wistle by the time Bieler was about to chase the ball and I thought it was the referee. Only when the commentators started the replay and I didn't see anyone signaling offside.

If that is the case, then it must of have come from the stands.

25. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liga definitely was closer at scoring the whole time. America had one very good chance to score and Cevallos did a superhuman job at defending those three posts. Liga had three good chances to score.. Salas' shot hit the post.. God I was almost crying !

In those 180 mins. Liga played better and had was able to hold them off at the last minutes.. mind all of you- Liga did not play one of their best games. America did not play as well and showed they didn't know how to score... how many friggin yellows did they already have in the fist half only??? They cam in like a bunch of peleones and got beat!