Lazio vs. Napoli @Stadio Olimpico - Matchday 1

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Wait a minute here. Best back 4 in the league? Really? I don't think so. Juventus, and Milan have a better back 4. Inter also, and Roma is a very close call. Your starting back 4 is: Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Albiol, and Hysaj. None of them are world class or even close. None of those players would start for Juventus. Ghoulam might make it into Milan's starting 11. But the only other player that would start in any of the other top Serie A teams is Koulibaly, and I'd only say he would start for Roma.

I think Napoli's attack is better. Defense is their problem, not attack.

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    [​IMG]

Even if you think this, your argument lacks context. It is a million times harder to defend for an attacking team like Napoli who use a lot of luxury players on the field at the same time, than it is to defend for a team like Juventus. With all due respect our defenders have to work harder than yours.

When I say attack I mean forwards. I would trade our front 3 with Juventus' any day of the week.
    And if Mertens isnt fit we have to rely on players playing above talent to score some goals

Danijel repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was only discussing midfield.

Milan will struggle because they have new players again in the back and no clear system. I also don’t think either of Romagnoli or Caldara come close to Koulibaly.

4. Danijel

Danijel Member

SSC Napoli
    Apr 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What are you smoking bro?

5. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    ?????

6. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Well yeah Juventus has a much better attack on paper, but we often play on the counter while Napoli is a team that likes to attack a lot more.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    stop for the love of god just stop.

8. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    ???????

9. Matt.Pianella

Matt.Pianella Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Toronto till i die
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sorry I need to chime in here. First of all bud koulibaly is the most sought after defenseman in serie A. I would take him over Chiellini and Bonucci ( at this stage of their respected careers. Also before his knee broke in 2 ghoulam was maybe the best wing back in Europe and easily the best in Italy.

Injuries ruined maybe what could of been one of the most impressive season by a serie A team ever and especially on defence

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  10. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Juve defense shipped 2 goals to chievo Verona

11. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I'm sorry but I disagree with you completely. Well maybe Bonucci sometimes as he has made some stupid mistakes at times, but no way is Koulibaly better than Chiellini. Chiellini, Ramos, and Boateng are the top 3 CB's in the world right now.

But seriously Koulibaly is best CB in Serie A? Are you kidding me?

Chiellini, Benatia, Romagnoli, Caldara, Barzagli, Miranda, Kostas Manolas, and Bonucci overall are better than Koulibaly. I would rather have any of those defenders I have listed above over Koulibaly. And if you include other teams outside of Serie A: Alderweireld, Kompany, Thiago Silva, Ramos, Varane, Salif Sane, Boateng, Hummels, Sokratis, Umtiti, Godin, Stefan Savic, and quite a few more.

Koulibaly is definitely a decent defender but not anywhere near the top. Even many Napoli fans have criticized their defense saying that it is especially not good enough to do much in the UCL in the past. And did you see in the opening game of the season how Immobile completely fouled 3 defenders and scored? That is not world class.

And Ghoulam is also decent, but the best wing back in Italy and in Europe? OMG seriously? What about Sandro, Alaba, Marcelo, Carvajal, Juanfran, Kimmich, and even De Sciglio honestly.

12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    One of them was a penalty due to a stupid foul that Cancelo made. The other one was all on Bonucci. Bonucci is overall good but can make stupid mistakes at times and lose focus. We really should be starting either Benatia, Barzagli, or Rugani most of the time. Although on his day Bonucci is amazing. And its only the first game of the season. Let's see which team concedes the least goals when the season is over.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I have had a lot of arguments with these guys, but you should learn how to read properly before arguing. :p Matt.Pianella wrote "at this stage of their respected careers."
    And you completely ignored it. Kalidou is young, he has a lot of room for growth and right now there's a beast of a coach governing his progress. Bonucci had a terrible season at Milan and he's an old fart, Chiellini is like Zeus but close to his demise as well.
    So you see, that sentence was actually sth like, very important. Ghoulam had been doing great things before he got injured, I wonder if you are judging this after watching all of his games last season, he was becoming a beast on all levels. Defending properly, providing one great cross after another, being good no just one on one, but also one on more, developing the ability to plunge deep inside in front of the box and score from beyond its boundary. He was going up fast... And he also young.

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    IT IS EASIER TO DEFEND IN A BUS WHERE YOUR MISTAKES WONT SHOW AS OFTEN.

why do people neglect this? no way will a real top team like Madrid, Barca or City choose a Chiellini in top form over Koulibaly in top form, regardless of age

its the same reason Godin never took the next step, none of the clubs better than Atletico wanted him because he is a defender meant for a team sitting deep

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Guys stop arguing with him even on the Italian national team's forum he is known as one of the dumbest.

16. Matt.Pianella

Matt.Pianella Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Toronto till i die
    Club:
    SSC Napoli

Lol buddy what do you watch? Miranda benatia Manolas? Are you kidding me. The only player I will give you that's close in serie A is Chiellin. If you asked any sporting director in Italy if they would trade koulibaly for any of those names they would laugh at you. Like are you really trying to tell me the team which came second to Juve by a ******** hair has the weakest defence of the top 4?

And ghoulam got injusrd very early last year but was having a surreal season. Napoli were unbeaten and pep Guardiola said we were the best team he had ever played. You know who the best player up to that game was? Ghoulam. Just because we don't get the press doesn't mean our players aren't studs. IfGhoulam and K2 played in the EPL ppl like you would respect them however you're mentioning names like Vincent Kompany lol wow

17. Matt.Pianella

Matt.Pianella Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Toronto till i die
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This is the typical EPL syndrome dumb soccer fans suffer from. The league is garbage. The only reason it's a top league is because of star names. If Italian clubs and managers had the bank accounts of these English sides we would absolutely dominate the CL. Players get way over hyped playing in the EPL. Look at jorginho he was never looked at in the soccer community. Noone knew who he was except us. Now he will be a top 5 mid in England.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sarri and Guadriola have improved the league but overall quality is garbage. Pundits said Jorginho was average and the 8 best player of Napoli because he just keeps the ball moving and don’t understand why Kante was pushed to the right.

I refuse to watch them other than the two clubs mentioned. They just have money and very pretty stadiums. Imagine our games in a proepr stadium.

Sacki repped this.