Lazio vs. Napoli @Stadio Olimpico - Matchday 1

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    seems like the idea is to just build on what Sarri createdl.
    No 4312 or 4312 none of that bs, just classic 433

CarecaNapoli and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which is the right thing to do. Max did the same thing when he first took over Juve.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still too early but we showed balls. Dominant performance overall.

None of the new players played. Even subs looked like Sarri method.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The difference is they didn’t look like lambs to the slaughter when they came in.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #55 Sacki, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    I dont want to get carried away since lazio were really bad and allowed us so much space

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. Heads down and move on.

Forza Napoli

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    lol

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ay Fck Kante.

9. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    sigh...'lol' if you want, man.

We've had these discussions before, your bias against the Prem is pretty strong.

In no world is Allan worth more or is better than Kante. One has two Prem titles, was a starter (and vital component) for the WC winning side, and has been courted by mega clubs. When people think of the best DM's in the world, his name always comes up.

The other player just happens to just play for the team you support.

Remember me telling you 60m for Jorginho is fair market value? Do you remember what you said?....How'd that play out?

I think I'll just stick with my assessment of players and you enjoy yours.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I usually agree with Sacki but Kante is great and better than Allan. Allan needs to pass more and become more intelligent to become truly world class. Still think Jorginho is much better than both.

11. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Kante is world class.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn’t disagree. But so is Jorhinho.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Carlo said that after the first minutes of the match he was considerably nervous, that doesn't look like a statement from a man who just came to Napoli to earn money, without motivation or ambition. Hopefully, this assumption based on his nervousness will turn out to be true.

Anyway, it was not at all so bad yesterday. Although I couldn't watch properly because I was at work, I could see some great passing moments, the build-up looked very good and effective, just a tad nervous and premature, but that is all normal no only in this stage of the season, but especially when adapting to sth new.

Yesterday, Ancelloti also boldly stated that he disagrees with the opinions of those who say that the team is not good enough. This does not exonerate DL but it gives him a bit of leverage, imo. He brought a great coach that sees great potential in our squad, and who also apparently knows, as he has stated, that even Juve with Ronaldo can experience difficulties against anyone, e.g. Chievo...

If it were the old Ronaldo, I'd be much more worried, though I admit that this one is a pain in the ass as well...

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #64 Sacki, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    he was taken out for nzonzi and france started controlling the finale after struggling.
    Furthermore it is a billion times easier defending for a team that sit deep than it is defending for an attacking team like Napoli, your mistakes dont show as often if you know you have cover behind you! And wtf are you saying about Jorginho?
    In my youth I've played in an elite football academy in Denmark with ties to Ajax Amsterdam, I also took some manager classes there in my later years, I think I know my shit.
    Kante was on his way to Barcelona for around 150 million euros - where is the logic in that?

And my bias to the PL? I simply just said Kante and Kane are overrated, which they are.

I've been saying for years Thomas Muller is crap, he is in his prime years now... where is he again?

Dont believe the hype, had Allan played in England and performed like he did last season he would be up there with Kante. The average fans value what they "see", I notice and value what people dont see - which is why a player like Jorginho is wanted by the best (pep).

How does the trophy comparison matter?! Kante happened to be on teams with Mahrez and Hazard who both carried their teams massively. In the World Cup kante's France is probably the least worthy winner of all time.
    Napoli deserved the Scudetto twice but ended 2nd, Allan was on both those teams. With your logic Sarri is a terrible manager because he hasnt won anything - sounds familiar? every retard out there is saying exactly that about Sarri.

I lol'ed yours because you lol'ed mine

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    all true but allan is much better on the ball and at timing his pressing. furthermore allans passing is second to none compared to Kante's

16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    He had a stomach bug , gastroenteritis, in fact. Nice try. He was great the entire tournament leading up to that game. Look up his stats -- they're absurd.

That's exciting. We'll see how Kante does in the exact same system. My guess? He remains a starter and an impact player. Your assessment? He was "shit" last game.

Nothing, I like him. I just told you 60m was a fair price months ago , and after a bidding war between two of the richest clubs on the face of the earth , his fee ended up being slightly less than that. Go figure.

I'm happy for you.

I didn't see that rumour , but the logic would be he's one of the best DM's of his generation. There's a reason why mega clubs want him-- he's a freak.

You said more than that , but I digress...

Sweet, that's highly irrelevant (unless you're trying to showcase your elite judgement of talent?). But I believe he's still playing at Bayern.

I could care less about the "hype". I look at the facts. It's undeniable how impactful he is if you look at his individual stats , and Leicester/Chelsea's without him on the pitch. For example, in 2017, when Kante wasn't on the pitch Chelsea's goal's against went up an ungodly 1.6 goals per game.

As for Allan, I've already said I like him , but he's not winning player of year in the Prem - I'm sorry. That's absurd. He's also not ever going to come 8th in Ballon D'or voting. And it has nothing to do with be underrated or playing in Serie A. It's because he's nowheres near as good (as is the case with most CDM/CM's - don't take it personally)

I don't care what the average fan sees. Or what you think they see. I care about Kante essentially breaking the system in terms of defensive metrics. He's so far above everyone else it's not even funny. I care about him being the decisive factor in Leicester winning the league , and then going to Chelsea and then being the decisive factor to win another title. Don't believe me? Look up the stats , look up what his teammates said, look up what his opponents said.

You don't win PFA player of the year if you're shit- I'm sorry.

Speaking of funny, this notion that you think you can see something the rest of world football can't is hilarious. The hubris is unbearable.

I can't... I just can't. Look up the stats , just do yourself a favour and stop trusting your eyes. They clearly aren't giving you the proper information.

Another outstanding theory from Sacki.

Another brutally misleading false equivalency. I'm a huge admirer of Sarri (you know this) , but nuance exists in life.

:thumbsup:

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #67 Sacki, Aug 19, 2018
    So? He is easily worth more than that and you should know that, reminds me of the pathetic Salah price tag Roma slapped on him. When pep only wants Jorginho, especially with the team he already has, you know what kind of player we're talking about here. Every top team in England except Tottenham went for Jorginho, but he rejected them all except for Pep and Sarri because of the way these two practice football
    So when the ref hands you 2 free goals in the finale and send out the best team of the tournament because Neymar is a diver there isn't sufficient evidence to claim France weren't that good? Spain and Germany shot themselves out of the cup against weak teams as well.

Let me tell you something about the Ballon d'Or nominess as well, Higuain has never been named in the top 23, which clearly proves its just a popularity contest.
    He broke the Serie A league record and still didnt get nominated.

That's what happens when you replace a type like Kante with Francesc Fabregas. Fabregas is the definition of a luxury midfielder who thinks hes above defending.

I dont care what he had, fact is with Nzonzi France completely neutralized Croatia's dominance - maybe its a question of type that made the difference? I would still say France weren't reliant on Kante

He had a good season and happened to have been on the winning teams two years in a row, so self-proclaimed geniuses started putting two and two together - where was this solid Chelsea midfield after Matic left? In Manchester?

Its mostly true though... Am I arrogant? Yes, not even going to try to talk myself out of that one

It is very irrelevant yes, but you are starting to become one of my least favourite Canadians, so I might have gotten carried away a little.
    In terms of Muller he isnt very good right now and received litlle to no blame for Germany's atrociuos World Cup where poor litlle useless and very ethnic Mesut Ozil took almost all the blame.

Who would challenge Kante in that system? he's literally the only box to box capable player Chelsea have. And he was shit last night, kept ruining big chances because he doesnt have the ceiling to utilize the positions he got himself into - imo Kante is a very smart player who lacks simple skill, most his passes are sideways too. You talk about his stats as if I'm not aware the boy can defend, but I'm more interested to know how well he does the other way since the best teams out there all only use midfielders who function both ways.

If the best teams out there truly wanted a player who can look forward to playing in the EL this season, they would've gotten him. The 150 million euro Barcelona rumour is clearly made up by newspapers.

I disagree but the great thing about forums is we dont have to agree

thats just not true, do you also think Kante is better than Nainggolan was? imo Nainggolan is the perfect "Kante type"
    I thought you and I were done joking around?

Maybe its not relevant but in case you wondered if I actually watch the PL, I live in a country where all my family members and friends basically force me to watch the PL, so I watch almost all top 6 games. Serie A simply doesnt have that hype and coverage here, so I'm lucky if I get to watch a single Napoli game on TV let alone the sports bars a lot of people here go to. I dont even have a favourite PL team which people here who follow football just find odd

18. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    We had a FFP deadline and he wanted to leave . We had no leverage and were handcuffed. If you knew the circumstances, you wouldn't call it pathetic. But cheers.

There's a litany of articles out there proving Kante's worth with statistical analysis. Take a look sometime. Kante supersedes environment.

I think that says it all , doesn't it?

He just "happened" to be on Leicester when they won . and the team he went to just "happened" to win the title the very next season. Give me mercy.

The only self-proclaimed genius here is you. Alex Ferguson said Kante is the best player in the league , is he an idiot too?

Because I call you out on being ridiculous? Nice. Canadians are usually good people , don't take your dislike for me out on them. I can assure I won't do the same for the Danes.

Who cares? Kovacic , Loftus- Cheek, Barkley, Fabregas et al can all play in the advanced midfield positions , but that doesn't matter. What matters is how well he performs in Sarri's system. That's the litmus test. He's going to play in Allan's exact role , so let's wait to see how he does this season ; and then compare how he does vs how Allan did under Sarri. Sound fair?

This is wrong. Look up his passing metrics. His key-passes and forward passing is much higher than you think. I can post articles/stats proving this if you want me to. Google also works.

Well, Chelsea just offered to make him their highest paid player (what idiots, I know! ) and yeah I agree that rumour is probably made up. 150 million is way too much for any player. But the PSG links were very, very real. And if I had to guess, his market value is anywhere between 80-100 million.

We don't at all , and that's cool with me. I still enjoy Allan , as do I enjoy Kante.

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    3 million euro less and an agreement with Chelsea stopping them from going after our players as well as becoming a cooperative club to Napoli? I would say Napoli got what they wanted for Jorginho.

Cooperative in terms as what we see between Juventus and Bayern Munich, only time will tell if Chelsea and Napoli will handjob each other as much

20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #70 Sacki, Aug 19, 2018
    You wont get kante for that little imo.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the whoscored stats for the season Kante got player of the year

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2016-2017

For me Hazard deserved it back then and stats (since you love them so much) kind of agree

21. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Probably not. Especially from Chelsea , it's an extremely hard club to buy from unless the player pulls a Courtois.

Yeah, I don't know the entire story between ADL's demands to allow Sarri to go to Chelsea. From what I can tell, he said you can have Jorginho and that's it. Personally, I agree with you in that if they wanted to pay handsomely for Hysaj , ADL should've cashed out.

Carlo wanted to keep the team intact , and he got his wish.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #72 Sacki, Aug 19, 2018
    http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/n$golo_kanté/819/641/14999/33/p|premier_league/2016/2017/ander_herrera/819/641/1538/0/p#total_forward_passes/total_passes/successful_passes/pass_completion/key_passes/chances_created/avg_pass_length/interceptions/blocks/tackles_won/successful_take_ons_%/errors_leading_to_goal/fouls_committed/defensive_errors/assists/aerial_duels_won_%#90

kante got player of the year this season ... clearly charity
    Kante has a lot of "wow factor" which is more noticable than a simple tackle other players do, but he doesnt have stats on his side

Ferguson the dinosaur rating kante? which dinosaur hasnt?

I randomly chose Herrera since they both were ball winners for their teams, after googling a little I found a few blogs, articles etc...:
    Here's one
    https://www.brila.net/herrera-versus-kante-statistics/

Remember Kante got player of the freaking year that season, I'm not trying to say Herrera is better

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only thing that encouraged me is Ancelotti saying I came here to do better than Sarri.

But again let’s wait and see. Parts pf the game were unwatchable and most of it dominant.

Ronaldo is pure class. I don’t know how anyone can catch Juve.

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Juve struggled, Lazio were terrible. We havent learned anything yet imo

25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, Chievo almost did. I think what Carlo was trying to say is that there are many factors necessary to follow and fulfill in order to win, and buying players is just one of them. A coach of Carlo's reputation should be able to see them all and balance them out properly, but we will see, for it's not like he's the only one.

I feel pretty confident when I say that in terms of performances we were better than Juve last season, yet still, sth else was lacking and so we failed. To discover that sth else should be our prime objective, as you can buy players, but that something is much more elusive.