Lazio: Season Review

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Under The Cosh, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Under The Cosh

Oct 14, 2014
    Toronto
    Laziale,

Cathal Mullan of LazioLand.com just wrote us this brilliant review of Lazio's season. Posting here for anyone interested. Love to hear any thoughts - agreement, disagreement etc.

http://underthecoshblog.com/2015/06/...season-review/

What are your hopes for next season?

2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I will have expectations when the transfer window closes.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nice run down of our season.

The trio of Biglia-Parolo and De Vrij in the middle of the pitch really kept things stable throughout the season. They allowed us to play more of a composed game rather than the erratic desperation we tended to play with in prior years.

FA took us to new heights, his form from December to April dragged us into CL position. Candreva was solid throughout the season perhaps the injury kept him fresh down the stretch, he was immense vs Napoli and Sampdoria.

As for expectations it depends who we draw in the CL. I think we can beat anyone except Man U. I don't know if our team could go to Old Trafford on a European night and get a result and they'll surely have reinforcements. Not sure who else we could play I assume Monaco, Leverkusen, Valencia, CSKA, Brugge, Fenerbahce, Ajax, Panathanaikos.

In order I'd rather not play Man U, Valencia, Leverkusen, Monaco. The rest are on he same level more or less.

Under The Cosh repped this.
  4. Under The Cosh

Oct 14, 2014
    Toronto
    Fair play, and I'd share your skepticism about getting a result at OT, especially as, I agree, they will reinforce heavily this summer. As a neutral, Valencia/Lazio would be a fascinating encounter but I'd rather you played one of the slightly weaker sides and guaranteed progression.

5. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Valencia would probably beat us. They are very good defensively and counter well. They are also extremely good at home. The draw is seeded. Lazio is not seeded so we will have to face a seeded team. I think Ajax would be the weakest seeded team.

6. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Not sure exactly how it works but the seeded teams we could face are Man U, Valencia, Leverkusen, Shakthar, or Ajax. Not sure if we can play any of the other teams that need to qualify from earlier rounds?

Tough draw I guess we hope for Ajax. Would have been nice if M'Gladbach got 4th instead of BL, I remember us handling them easily in the EL a few years back.

Under The Cosh repped this.