Laurent Blanc pessimistic about French soccer

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Apr 24, 2009.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  2. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    All top clubs should have it be there goal to have their own stadium in 10 years. I think that's the only thing they can force the issue on.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont know about all of the proposed new stadiums and who will own them. I know the "culture" issue is a problem but you still have quite a few teams with a lot of very passionate, diehard fans. Least we not forgot in Italy a lot of teams dont fill up their stadiums and I know a lot of them are old and out dated but they are in France too. Ligue 2 and Serie B are pretty close in overall average attendance so dont try to tell me that Italy has so much better fans than France.

Another thing is that Bordeaux has history and tradition but their fans arent as demanding as PSG's, OM'S and OL's are so maybe thats why the club arent as optimistic for success.

4. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    I don't see why "passing group stage" is such a low target... I doubt Valencia, Villarreal or Fiorentina had higher goals before this season - and Fiorentina failed, too. And those are the clubs Bordeaux should compare themselves with - not giants like Barca or ManU, with more money, more stars, more fans, bigger citys and a pot 1 seed.

5. PatThePelvis

PatThePelvis New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Le Folgoët, France
    When we know that Lille couldn't build its stadium because there was a rare flower on the location...