Latest Scandinavian club signings 2004-2005

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Bruiser, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    MARTIN ANDRESEN (27yo)
    Norway (17 NT A-caps, 2 goals)
    Central Midfielder
    Stabæk > SK Brann
    15 million NOK
    Info: Considered to be one of the best central midfielders in the Norwegian Tippeligaen. Will bring strength to the midfield with great ball control, excellent passing and a keen eye for goal.

KRISTJAN ÖRN SIGURDSSON
    Iceland (9 NT A-caps)
    RB/CB
    KR Reykjavik > Brann
    Info: Regular on the the Icelandic NT back-line. Fast-paced and strong 1on1.

KARL OSKAR FJØRTOFT (29yo)
    Norway
    Central Midfielder
    Hammarby > Aalesund FK
    Fee unknown
    Info: Considered to be one of the best players in the Swedish Allsvenskan,
    and get's payed there after. With 1 287 365 KR he's the best payed player in the Allsvenskan. Should be a great signing for the newly promoted Aalesund FK.

ALEXANDER ØDEGAARD
    Norway (1 NT A-cap (1 goal)
    Forward
    Sogndal > Rosenborg
    10 million NOK

STEFAN ISHIZAKI (22yo)
    Sweden (5 NT A-caps)
    Midfielder
    AIK > Vålerenga
    3 million NOK
    Info: Big Swedish talent.

STIAN OHR (26yo)
    Norway
    Right wing midfielder
    Stabæk > Molde
    Fee unknown
    Info: Fast and technically advanced winger.

HEINZ MÜLLER (24 yo)
    Germany
    Keeper
    Odd Grenland > Lillestrøm
    Fee unknown
    Info: Have been on loan to Odd Grenland from St. Pauli. Impressed in Odd and LSK decided to sign him and replace Baron with Müller.

FERNANDO DE ORNELAS (27yo)
    Venezuela (NT A-caps)
    Winger/forward
    ? > Odd Grenland
    Fee unknown
    Info: de Ornelas boasts of his speed. Well, we'll see.

ROBERT MAMBO MUMBA (26yo)
    Kenya (15 NT A-caps)
    Striker
    Örebro > Viking
    Fee unknown
    Info: Said to be a good passer, good header, and good both defensively and offensively.

BÅRD BORGERSEN (32yo)
    Norway (8 NT A-caps)
    Central Defender
    Aalborg > Start
    Fee unknown

This is what I've found so far about transfers to Norwegian clubs. Will add more transfers as I stumble upon them ;)

FYI: I will only cover the transfers in or to Norway.

2. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Then this shouldn't be called 'scandinavian' club news?

CORRALES
    San Jose Earthquakes (USA) > Hamar Kameratene

3. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I don't have the time to cover all transfers in Scandinavia, so instead of making a thread for every nation, I figured it's best to gather all Scandinavian transfers in one thread. It's easier that way.

And please give some info about the transfered players. It would also be great if you arranged it like I did, for the convenience of the readers.

4. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well.. I'll do that if I know someone else..But I know nothing about the Corrales guy!

5. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    I reckon you are wrong with Fjortoft, he has proven to be not close to good enough compared to what he is paid for, he has been burned out this season and has not even been regarded as one of the better players in 2004, hopefully he can get his career up and running again.

He did however have a great year in Hammarby 2003, but he is too expensive to have onboard if he cannot produce the goods. Many Hammarby fans reckonise his potential but they are not pleased with his performance this year, which of course has been depleted because his of the pitch problems.

Stefan Ishizaki is more or less a Johnny Rodlund, he will continue being a talent in many peoples eyes, even when the bloke is 30+ :D , He has not proven to develop as hoped and maybe a few years in norway can help him to get his career rolling again.

6. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Nothing much happening on the Swedish transfer market so far:

Biggest news is that the newcomer BK Häcken managed to sign up the swedish nationalteam defender Teddy Lucic under the noses of big clubs such as IFK Göteborg and Malmö FF who were rumoured to be interested in signing him.

Teddy Lucic (31 years old 66 caps) is a defender who is used all over the defensive line in the swedish national team, he is in his best position as a central defender thou.

7. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    RAMIRO CORRALES (27)
    San Jose Earthquakes (USA) > Hamer Kameratene
    Midfielder
    Have been in MLS for 9 years, and has nine goals and 19 assists.

8. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Are you really expecting a player to be playing at his best, or even good for that matter, when he's burned out? He even got hospitalized! In form he was one of the best players in Allsvenskan, and that is what counts.

So let's all hope he get's well, and can perform well under normal cercumstances in Aalesund FK!

Are you a psychic now?

And yes, often a league or club change helps a player to get a fresh start, and to develop his footballing skills.

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Not much from the Danish transfer market yet..

AaB Ålborg:

24-yo right winger, Mattias Lindström, Sweden, 3 caps (Helsingborgs IF) has signed a 3-year contract with AaB Ålborg. Lindström was Helsingborgs best player this season, scoring 9 goals in Allsvenskan.

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=40053/dbid=10505/typeofpage=40054/sc=685854
    ---

27-yo defender, Marco Reda, Canada, ? caps (Sogndal) has signed a 1-year contract with AaB Ålborg. Reda did not want to renew his contract with the newly relegated Tippeliga club Sogndal and join AaB on a free transfer as Bosman player. He's to replace the 32-yo defender, Bård Borgersen, (Norway, 5 caps) who didnt get to play all that many games for AaB the past 3 seasons and now has been sold to the Norwegian Tippeliga club, Start, for a small transfer fee...

10. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    57 games in three seasons in a league with only 12 teams, isn't bad.

11. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corrales is left footed, can play on the left side either as a back or a midfielder, or centrally as a defensive midfielder. Lacks speed, has a laser left footed shot that often lacks accuracy.

12. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No, it's 46 league games in around 3 - 3½ seasons for AaB, and you should not forget that despite it's only a 12 team league, the Danish teams actually play more league games a season (33 games) than in the Norwegian and Swedish league (26 games)... so he has played 46 games out of more than 100 league games

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=40053/dbid=35933/typeofpage=40054/sc=2050db

The main problem with Borgersen is that he seem to get injured alot and when he get to play he also get many red and yellow cards that keep him out as well... Actually he leads the penalty-points list in the Danish league this season (see link)

http://www.netsuperligaen.dk/VisKortklub.php?SeasonID=2005

13. marwe

marwe New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Aalesund, Norway
    I also need to add Adin Brown's transfer to Aalesunds FK. If Adin is half as good as I've read on the net, we've got ourselves a damn good goalkeeper :cool:

http://www.proplayermanagement.com/

Love it ;)

14. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I just saw a few clips on the telly of some matches he played in the MLS and he did some unbelievable saves! Great signing for Aafk!

15. Snokus

Snokus New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    After a few month of Grahn-circus, Left defender Joseph Elanga today signed a new 2-years contract with Malmö FF, this after rejected offers from atleast Twente.

16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The bottom club in the Danish Superliga, Herfølge, has signed a 1½-year deal with the 31-yo defender and Lithuanian international (60 caps, 5 goals), Auri Skarbalius (Brøndby)...

17. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    But appereantly he has a way of always being injured!!

18. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    You talkin' about what all the americans were telling you? funny to read about their views of Norwegian football, I reckon that the MLS is of similar quality as Norske tippeligaen and not superior as some "americans" seems to think.

19. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Hehe.. Yes, I am!
    I would say that maybe the Norwegian league is better then MLS! At least we got Rosenborg :)

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Adin Brown has a history of concussions which is a little troubling. If he has gotten over these problems, he's a fantastic keeper. I've been following his career for 10 years as I went to college with him at the College of William and Mary in Virginia. He was thought of as a better talent than Tim Howard for many years, and us Americans thought he was the successor to Friedel and Keller. His star has dimmed a little due to injuries, and Howard has passed him by. Persoanlly, I think Aafk got a BARGAIN!!

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I'm quite sure that both the Danish league and Tippeligaen is better than MLS. Just look at a player like Wade Barrett...

He was a rather big name in MLS at San Jose Earthquakes some years back (earning a place on the MLS All-Star Team and being honored as a member of the MLS Best X) and also won 1 cap for the US. Then he moved to AGF and wasnt good enough in midfield, so he was used as a defender. Surely He was very professional, worked very hard, was good at passing the ball and always gave a solid performance, but also lacked pace and was hopless at heading, so in all not good enough for a team that want to win Danish league medals.

Then he moved to Fredrikstad FK and though he did a solid job in norway as well, FFK didnt want to sign him either. Now AGF say he will get a free transfer so he can return to San Jose Earthquakes and the MLS...

22. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Put exactly that message on the MLS board, and I guess you will get some provoked americans after you!:) Hehe..

I agree!

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Funny you should mention Wade Barrett. He was on the same team at William and Mary as Adin Brown (and Steve Jolley of FC Dallas. Quite a good team for a small college in Virginia). I wonder if Wade's experiences there are a reason Adin has decided to give Scandinavia a try. I assume they are still friends.

I can't argue with your logic here. I will say that fullback is the weakest position on the American team in my opinion. He got a quick look from Bruce Arena to see if he could help there, and well he still only has 1 cap. We have Bobby Convey playing there now, and well he's on the bench at Reading.

A Norway vs. USA argument has been done before. No need to rehash it here.

24. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    KEIJO HUUSKO (24 yo)
    Finland (1 NT A-cap, 1 goal)
    Forward
    TP-47 > FC Lyn
    Fee unknown
    Info:
    Additional info:
    Finnish PL: 67 caps, 18 goals
    Superettan, Sweden: 45 caps, 20 goals

25. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Yes, but then it was 1 Norwegian against 50 Americans.. Here it's the other way around.. :) Oh wait... It's 1 American against 50 Norwegians/Danes/Swedes and I've seen some Englishmen here too! ;)