Latest Q&A

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Craig P, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to pick out interesting answers since I'm assuming most here won't be able to follow it live.

Re 20/20: Revenue will be split 50/50, attendance will be comparable to a friendly, PFL effects will be comparable to a normal match (keeping in mind that it's less than half as many overs).

Re match orders: Allan would like to introduce split orders for bowlers at some point (e.g. attacking for first five overs, then defensive when he returns later), but there's no timetable for this feature (ed note: it's relatively low on my priority list, there's a bunch of other things I hope to see addressed first).

Re morale: Allan is "led to understand that there is" a problem with morale, and plans to announce a reduction in effect for next season. "hopefully I will be able to find the probelm"

Re international subsidies and the system generally: "nope - the subsidy will stay - the international system is something that needs a pretty vast overhaul, and we are looking at some options for that." (ed note: The question seemed to be a whine about national players getting subsidies, overlooking the fact that when the NT season is in full swing, there are real consequences to the team in personal fitness impact.)

Re form: "form will be back and running again next season. I took the decision that there are more important things to spend my time on just now, but it will be fixed for week 1 training"

Re stupid batsmen in the last ten overs conceding the strike to far inferior bats by taking a single, instead of either going all out for two or not taking anything: "yes thats a nice idea - I dont think it works as you suggest, but it should work as you want it to. Maybe the season after next"

Re a possible membership price hike: "Thats an interesting question, and something that I've been considering. No plans at the moment, but when and if it happens there will be plenty of warning for you all to jump in at the lower price :p"

Re teams throwing games to avoid promotion: Allan's looking at it from the point of view of prize money and fan clubs

Re experience: Allan has adjusted bat vs. bowler experience to even them up (ed note: I wasn't aware there was an issue here, but apparently one of them was finding it easier to get more experience)

Re the match engine: "The match engine has not been tweaked in a fair few seasons now. The balance seems to change with the balance of each team"

Re FC leagues: Allan expects to redo them, since the original seedings are broken by now. Not going to happen next season.

Re transfer listing, and high initial prices: Allan is planning to announce a change soon. (ed note: I knew that prices were high, but I'm not clear on what the complaint is, highly-skilled players are a very valuable commodity and that has nothing to do with the starting prices.)

Re 20/20 start times: They'll start at the normal time for the group games, for the knockouts it will depend on the balance of countries involved.

Re bowlers changing types: There are reports of e.g. a fast bowler changing into a FM. Allan says this is not by design and therefore is a misplaced "feature".

Re morale effect on friendlies, the question stating that when two approx equal teams play morale will decide it: Allan may remove morale effects in friendlies next season.

Re skill decline as players age: "their stamina will start to fail them gradually"

Re final ball of the match (questioner lost a tied cup match on a dot ball on the final ball, which should have been a single or a wicket): "There are a few things that happen on the last ball that need to be sorted out, and thats one of them. I'll try and get the changes in for next season, but no promises."

Re more visibility for fielding/WK skill (or lack of same) in matches: it's planned, and we'll get a heads-up when it happens.

Re NRR: not sure why it's not working quite right, hope to have it fixed for league matches next season. (ed note: I wasn't aware there was an NRR issue.)

2. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody posted a full transcript in global, but you may find my bit easier to read (although I did edit out a few questions and answers that I didn't think were important).

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    thanks for the recap.

i'm confused though, FC for season 8 or no?

4. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said it's not happening for the upcoming season, because there's too much to do and too little time in which to do it. He didn't say any more than that.