LAFC General Discussion

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Football Club' started by Bubba1971, Oct 29, 2014.

1. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather have a coach who hasn't coached the LA Galaxy or doesn't have ties to that team. Last thing we need is Galaxy hand me downs again, that is what killed Chivas USA among other things. I love to have a coach like Real Salt Lake's Manager or maybe a South American coach, I know I'm running on hopes and dreams there but hey I can dream can't I? I mean how about a coach from Argentina?

2. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be smart for LAFC to have a USL team running for 2017 to have a place to stockpile players until the 2018 start. If they just affiliate with OC Blues, they could complete in the USOC as well. If they become LAFC-2, they can't.
    Another option if not USL, create a U23 team and put the in the PDL, or heck, both levels if they want to build from the bottom up.

3. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO at the end Jorge Vergara's ignorant mouth is what killed Chivas USA and lack of money. I agree, no galaxy players. I'm OK if they name Sigi to LAFC, why? He has experience in MLS and coached Columbus and Seattle after the galaxy. I have my list of foreign coaches but a foreign coach would need someone to help them understand the roster rules in MLS. What about Jesse Marsch?

4. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jesse Marsch would be great, but LAFC wants to stay far away from anything and anyone that has had ties with Chivas USA, and Jesse Marsch is one of those unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

5. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree and don't understand how his coaching would have any connection to Chivas USA? There is more to why LAFC decided not to take over the Chivas USA academy than just because they were Chivas USA.

I feel there are certain writers who have decided to make LAFC a failure just because they decided to pass on Chivas's academy instead of respecting the clubs decision. People need to be patient and wait to see what the club is planing. No doubt, I don't see why LAFC can't create a competitive academy like the galaxy or better. As a former Chivas USA fan and academy follower I find it funny how people have reacted

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Alright, Alright, Alright.

LAKFC fans, supporters and countrymen, lend me your ears.

Hugo Sanchez, King of BigSoccer Mexico, has officially declared himself a... ticket holder (for now)... of this little ballclub.

Welcome me and rejoice as faith in a successful non-Galaxy club is restored.

With the arrival of Hugo Sanchez (that's me) comes further good news. My inside sources tell me Carlos Vela will be playing in the Historic West Adams come 2018, 2019, 2020ish..., and not that little stadium north of Denver, as originally planned.

What a Monday is it for you all, what, with all of this wonderful news this morning.

Enjoy yourselves.

- Hugo Sanchez
    King of BigSoccer Mexico, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas King, du Canada et de ses autres royaumes et territoires, Chef du Commonwealth, Défenseur de la Foi

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  8. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [emoji122]

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are you the Hugo Sanchez from the San Diego Sockers? How is your buddy Leonardo Cuéllar doing?

[​IMG]

CTS26 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, no disrespect to Sigi, but I hope not. I want to see a younger coach in. Someone who knows the league of course, but someone more exciting. I feel a candidate like Sigi would be here 2 years max.

CTS26, Bubba1971 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  12. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    CTS26 repped this.
  14. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yup, and I would love to have him back in LA. [emoji41] [emoji48]

CTS26 repped this.
  15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He only coached for 2006 season and before Chivas, Chicago and Red bulls. I'd take him over Sigi any day.

Lancaster FC and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I seem to recall he and Preki made Chivas into a playoff team right off the bat after a disastrous expansion season. As a matter of fact, the Bradley- Preki combo produced 4 years of consecutive postseason play. Getting rid of Preki lead to the teams demise.

CTS26 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MARCH_ and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last time when the Chivas USA came around, the LA Galaxy seemed to be very afraid of them taking over that they fired Sigi Schmid (while he was in first place) for Spanish speaking Steve Sampson. I think it was mostly out of fear of what Chinvas may take over on and off the field.

What will the Galaxy do this time around to to defend against LAFC's expansion? Maybe fire Bruce Arena for José Mourinho or get a few more superstars instead?

Just curious.....

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  19. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They recently had a make over of their stadium and there is talk about having shuttle service for their fans. They probably will continue to sign aging English players.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Never understood why from 1996 until maybe the advent of the Chivas, the Galaxy signed many Mexican & Central American players. Then ever since Beckham's arrival, they've been concentrating on signing mostly EPL/Euro players. Aren't there still many Mexican & Central American Galaxy fans who would relish seeing players from those regions playing for the club?

21. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gio Dos Santos seems like a pretty significant Mexican signing...

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #372 falvo, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Ah yes he was a big signing. I always considered him Brazilian though. He seems their first major signing from that region in almost 10-11 years or rather the first one since Carlos Ruiz left in 2004 that I recall.

23. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leonardo is Brazilian and was signed before Gio. Gio plays for Mexico, so I am unsure why you would not think of him as representing Mexico.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #374 falvo, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Its no big deal. His dad is from Brazil so I thought he was also Brazilian as well. At the moment I posted, I was at work and just didn't think or remember him on the Galaxy or that he was Mexican. Also because he never played in Mexico or for a Mexican club and I rarely watch the LAG's games. Whichever way you look at it though, he was still LA's first big signing from that region since before Beckham signed.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  25. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Designated Player has changed what it means to be a big signing in MLS. Anyone who isn't is no longer a big signing. How many Central Americans are big enough names to even potentially be a DP? And top Mexican players are tricky because they can play in their native league without sacrificing either salary or the level of competition. The rest of CONCACAF can't say that.