PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 37 - Las Palmas v. FC Barcelona - 14 May 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, May 11, 2017.

1. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You really have no clue at all when it comes to Argentina Football. If you disrespect Sampaoli based on what a crazy and corrupted Bilardo had to say then you have zero arguments. Bilardo is an unethical person and has his own agenda.

Sampaoli won 2 back to back Copa America titles are enough credentials to put him as the most talented manager the past decade and Bielsa (who influenced many like Pep and Pochettino) continually praising him.

And I already said most likely Sevilla will end up 4th in the league not knowing what was the result of the ATM match but never thought this would be a point of discussion because it's pointless! It took Simeone 3 season until he won the league and in his first season ATM finished 5th with 56 points. Sevilla will probably finish with 72 points. Did you really think Sampaoli would win the League with this squad in his first year in Europe and if he didn't then he would be considered a failure? Your arguments are always strange and irrational.

2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Radio RAC1 confirms Valverde is Barcelona’s coach for the next two seasons via Xavi Torres.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sevilla didn't play bad. Hit the post twice and Navas had to make some great saves. Plus RM scored that cheap early goal. If you look at their game thread you will see them saying after the first half they were lucky to be winning.

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

No they were terrible in defense imo, let in "easy" goals.

But anyway what can midtable teams conjure up? LPB was lucky too but for those teams to beat them is an impossible task. LPB has everything in cosmos going for them, bounces, luck, decisions etc and opposite for their opponents so I have a hard time to see them dropping 3p. If they were lucky to beat Sevilla.. Well ok I can buy that but that doesn't change anything.

Only team that could have a shot would be Juventus.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Unfortunately, once they're out of the title race, La Liga teams never seem to put up the same fight against the title contenders late in the season as much as they do in some other leagues.

Winning league matches now by 3-4 goals says nothing about LPB's form just like Barca didn't all of a sudden become awesome in the last 3 weeks. La Liga teams just shut-up-shop and go on vacation a bit early if they have nothing to play for.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, RM were also terrible in defense, as I said after el Clasico the title was still a long shot . If Munir wasn't an idiot on defense they could have dropped 2 points vs Valencia .

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't think it was the case with Sevilla to be honest . They outshot RM in the first half . Not sure about the second half . They probably ran out of gas .

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    seems to me that surprisingly you have zero idea on Argentinian football. I regularly watch

90 minutos with Pollo vignolo, Oscar Ruggeri, Negro Bulos, etc
    Debate Final with Martin Lieberman
    Estudio Futbol with Horacio Pagani

So I am well aware of how pundits and former players/coaches viewed the coaching options. I did not only not just mention Bilardo (who is I agree irrational at the best of times). Borghi also had interesting things to say about him. Bauza did not have a great impression (but he was probably just venting). I already mentioned the great things Bielsa had to say about him.

Anyway the general discourse from these pundit shows was that the man they wanted for the job was named Cholo Simeone, followed by Marcelo Gallardo...Not Sampaoli

Sampaoli simply does not have the backing of the general footballing fraternity in Argentina, essentially because he basically never played the game to a high level and he never coached at a high level in the country (Peru, Ecuador and Chile is where he got started). He is seen with suspicious eyes and has a bad professional rep in how he deals at a profesional level (see Borghi and Bauza comments about him)

I have heard people on the shows I mentioned openly say..Sampaoli did not win the copa 2015..they drew and they won on pks (in other words he does not get the respect he should be getting)...BTW Copa 2016 was won by Juan Antonio Pizzi (former Barca player). For someone so versed in Sampaoli it seems strange you do not realise he won the Copa Once not Twice.

here is a link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_Centenario_squads#Chile

Also when did I say Sevilla would/should have won the league?
    They were in line for a top 3 finish but have been overtaken by Atletico Madrid. I am sure they would have gladly taken top 4 at the start of the season..But I am also sure they would be disappointed to not finish above Atletico given how the season was turning out...Is this an irrational thought??

Btw one last time Sevilla will finish 4th no maybes they are too far behind Atletico and too far in front of Villareal to move up or down the league table with one game to go....dunno why you keep insisting they will most likely finish 4th:confused:

celito repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh yeah , and while it's a real long shot, it ain't over till it's over . And I do think Juve does have a very good chance .

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    But statistically speaking, there's a greater chance Barca loses the CdR final than LPB dropping 3 points more than Barca the league. Just sayin'...

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

There are many ways you can look at it. You can say Sampaoli won a CA and brought grit into a talented Chile team (which is true). You can also say, as you mentioned, they beat an Argentina coached by Tata only on PKs at home.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Their 2016 Copa win was more impressive, so yeah I don't put too much stock in the 2015 win. I mean obviously great achievement for a small country, but from a manager's perspective they had one of the more talented teams, were at home and had an very soft draw until the final. On top of that, they really stumbled their way to the final.

13. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #88 illusion, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Here we go again with all unrelated subjects to take me to neverending stupid arguments. Your post is counterproductive to your original argument. We are talking about football here and you end up judging Sampaoli on how he got hired, professionalism and some mafia corrupted opinions. All of what you said I'm aware of because Sampaoli doesn't have the backing of those corrupted mafias, you will be reading many nonsenses from outlets owned by those mafias. Like I said, you have no clue what are you talking about. Reading wiki won't make you an expert in Argentinian football.

Second, why act like a teen high schooler who get excited in a malicious fashion trying to find any errors in posts that's unnecessarily and won't change the argument but it will create another useless and unrelated argument. Yes, I said "most likely" and then in subsequently post, I said not knowing what was ATM yesterday result what made me said "most likely". See, I typed a whole paragraph just to explain a unnecessary argument from you.

How old are you if I may ask?

14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Mate you have no clue

I have already told you I am well aware of football in Argentina (watching countless shows on argentinian football is not relying on wiki).

You carry on believing you are always correct but then you put in false claims like he won two copas...i am going to call you out because that's an incorrect fact and you seem like quite an arrogant poster.

You go off on childish tangents. I do wonder if your just a teenage fanboy at times the way you react.

All I said was that Sampaolis season is not ending on a high...which it isn't

I followed that up with how he is viewed in Argentina (from what i have seen)

I even mention he will do better than Bauza so it's a good move by the national team.

You proceed to lose the plot as always.

15. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Take this Argentinean football debate to PMs or better yet, to the Argentina forum, please.

condor11, illusion and unclesox repped this.
  16. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

ShortyMac and illusion repped this.
  17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Power of Alves, Swerve and Placement of Adriano. But only Nili from Barca B even got to play with the first team (as Nili had some Liga experience prior to joining Barca B which Lucho seemed to think was more important).

18. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #93 illusion, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    You don't have any argument to begin with, and you don't know how to argue. Someone who claims to be associated with Argentinian football, for what? What's your interest in watching "countless" shows about Argentinian football while hating on an Argentinan legend like Messi?

I can PM you photos of me with top AFA and influential Argentian figures I meet often, so my information is not from watching "countless" TV shows but my original comment was about football, not politics, so stick to talking about football.

Forzabarca repped this.
  19. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My initial post was Sevilla, Sampaoli, and football but this was turned into Argentina politics not by me but I apologize for it because I should have known not start any argument with him. From the past arguments with him, it will eventually divert into something not related to the original subject.

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  20. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly, why Lucho didn't try such a player. I hope the next coach will promote Marlon, Palencia and Alena.

puyol repped this.
  21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    #96 condor11, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    My bad

Should know better by now

Back to barca

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  22. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Love Marlon , hope he gets more playing time and act as a backup to pique and umtiti , saw Alena a couple of times but his ball control needs some work imo , specially with the way we play where if you lose the ball in the midfield it immediately becomes a dangerous counter to the opponent.

illusion repped this.