PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 33 - Real Madrid v. FC Barcelona - 23 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 22, 2017.

1. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still, that dangerous two-footed tackle could have ended Messi's career and Messi smart enough to barely avoid the tackle. He should be banned for at least 3 matches.

2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

ShortyMac repped this.
  3. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just hope the players give it all considering we have the easier fixtures and for Lucho to play his best in form starting 11. Will he rotate for Copa final? I hope not.

I feel Real will lose points at least to Sevilla and Valencia. Sampaoli who is going to coach the Argentine NT should start his relation with Messi with a win against Real.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As for the ref, which is always a hot topic ...

- He probably missed the first PK on Ronaldo. That contact wasn't strong enough to bring him down and his forced fall was pretty obvious, but that still could be a PK. Would have been a psychological blow going down that early but they still opened the score in the 1st half.
    - On 2nd view, Marcelo's elbow was intentional although not to do that much damage. At the very least a yellow but probably a red but I can see how the ref missed it.
    - Casemiro easily a 2nd yellow at the end of the first half.
    - Their goal was not offsides so that was correct.
    - Ronaldo's open goal miss I think he was actually on the same level as the ball is played, but I think there were 1 or 2 other missed offside calls.
    - Ramos red card is not even a discussion. If that connects ...

So overall he benefited RM with the 2 non send offs.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They were also helped by those non-offside calls. I know they didn't convert but they led to clear scoring chances (kind of like the missed penalty by Vidal in CL, which Madrid fans are quick to point out was a ref decision going against them).

While Neymar sits out yet another match this week, it'll be interesting to see how soft the disciplinary committee will be on Madrid's players.:coffee:

6. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Ronaldo dived anyway. Utimiti touched him but no way that enough to bring him down. So clearly a dive
    And their first goal is offside
    [​IMG]

7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ramos was at the recieving end and he was behind the line so it's not offside , you can thank that idiot Alcacer for that , useless in both offense and defense

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ramos is not offsides. And neither is Ronaldo who also went for the ball.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The cross was from a rebound from a corner, not that easy to coordinate an offsides trap perfectly if that's what they were doing. Specially with passive offsides rule. That's pretty harsh.

10. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    After you track back with your man you need to quickly go forward not hang around or walk casually in that dangerous area specially if you're not a defender.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Paco was given so much space as LPB focused on Suarez. He really had a stinker of a game! Paco, I mean. Hopefully Suarez will start filling the back of the net again when Neymar returns and defenses can't over-defend Suarez.

12. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Madrid is a set piece and counter attack team. With the aerial strength of Ramos, Ronaldo, Bale, Varane, Pepe etc. They have scored more than any European team from dead-balls so I’m not surprised to see so many offside goals. This is a similar situation to why Barcelona are getting more PK calls than other teams when you have the most gifted technical players in the world like Messi, Neymar, and Suarez that play quick dribble and short passing just inside the box.

An example of some goal scoring opportunities for Real from offside that wasn’t called by the ref from yesterday’s match (pics below). And you get at least 3 or 4 of those uncalled offsides in each match they play i.e one offside goal won them the UCL and two offside goals from Ronaldo last week took them to semis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Notice in the first picture that the linesman view is blocked by the other RM player. There is no way he can make this call correctly. That's why you need video replay for offsides.

14. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the ball is on the ground, he can still see the players feet regardless of players body blocking.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I seriously would like to see some of you guys actually try to make these calls as a linesman to see that some of these calls are not that easy.

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, and its made tougher with the "passive, but-not-really passive" onside interpretation of the law. If they go with video replays they have to make the rule more black-and-white. For e.g. if you're standing offside in the penalty box, then its offside. Period.

I'm personally not comfortable with video replays being used to make subjective calls.

condor11, celito, unclesox and 1 other person repped this.
  17. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If it was my job and I'm getting paid for it plus I have been doing it for years, yes I should be good at it. Celito, don't put yourself in linesman shoes because he suppose to be good at it and you are not.

Also, you commented on the first photo although not knowing where is the linesman position and ignored the second photo. Was is difficult to call an offside for the second photo as well? Sometimes you really try to over analysis simple things.

18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Nope it takes skill to be 100% correct and it takes money to be 50% correct.. [emoji23]

puyol and illusion repped this.
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It has been scientifically proven that linesman can't get 100% calls correct. Specifically the close ones. His view is blocked by someone who is even more offsides. Assuming he can clearly see the feet is not realistic.

And linesmen are trained to give advantage to the attacker when in doubt. You just can't sweat the small offside misses until their is video assistance. The 2nd miss is much more obvious and the linesman is terribly positioned.

20. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should be. But he plays for Madrid, so he won't be.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ladies and gents ... the great Teso. Still butt hurt from 2 CL finals. Not even Madridistas are this butt hurt.

"Ronaldo kicked in the box two minutes in. A clear penalty but the usual Farca officiating and nothing is called.

One foul (on Messi). One yellow card. The favoured is protected.

The player who is still bleeding and should not be on the pitch equalises after shoddy defending.

He is a drug cheat and a blood doper who is protected by the league.

The Marcelo incident was not a foul and the officials failed to apply the rules of the game by allowing a still bleeding Messi to continue to play.

Real Madrid's fundamental problem is that Ronaldo is their best finisher and best creator. He puts things on a plate and team mates squander chances. He gets into great positions and team mates steal the shot from him (Benzema) or play shitty balls to him (Asensio)."

condor11, ShortyMac and Gilmango repped this.
  22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    haha... yes, clearly Ronaldo's main problem is that he doesn't have enough talent around him.

condor11 and ShortyMac repped this.
  23. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Wow.....this is something else.

I can't believe people like this exist...so deluded.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When all else fails, blame the drugs.

25. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You still answered half of the question again, although it doesn't make sense that the linesman focuses on the body rather than feet in "FOOTball". I never said he should get it 100% but your sympathy with most if not all refs and corrupted government buddies is something I never understood unless you work for one. Forzabarca, answered perfectly btw.

Forzabarca repped this.