PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 26 - FC Barcelona v. Celta Vigo - 4 March 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Mar 3, 2017.

1. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    #101 condor11, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    How is it positive to start rumours about a possible move to chelsea? That sounds like something Cristiano would do :confused:...I highlighted because by your own admission he has courted another team in the past

I like messi just fine and appreciate what he does but I don't worship the ground he walks on, to me he is open for criticism like anyone in the club

I support the team over anyone...do you?

Also by the way get a sense of humour it might help you relax when you watch football games

And now I'm calling you out..do you think managing Messis game time is easy for a coach??

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think you need to know the whole story before criticizing certain behavior. It's easy to criticize and action that is public while not knowing the full context. While Messi following Chelsea on twitter to tick off Barca's management may sound an ahole thing to do, it seems like management has a history of not showing "appreciation" towards it's players during negotiations. Alves just came out recently criticizing the way he was handled by Barca's management. Now, you may think the players are being primadonas, and you're probably right, but that's the nature of the business.

illusion repped this.
  3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    #103 condor11, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Yeah no doubt Barca management are aholes no surprises there ;)

To be fair to Messi that whole twitter thing was probably his dad's idea...

But still is was a very Cristiano thing to do

4. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cristiano will do anything to get some personal benefit. Messi did it because he loves his club. His action alone put so much pressure on Lucho to play certain way and stop the laboratory rat system on our players whom desperately needed a mentality to develop into one system, to establish the trust between the players and the ability to anticipate each other next move, things that come from experiences by playing together which Lucho is so good at destroying it, it's almost like he is the clueless mad scientist who is enjoying torturing those lab rats. Without Messi's direct action against Lucho, we would not have won the treble.

Rattlehead and Forzabarca repped this.
  5. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    you do realise that no one is perfect right?

from your statements I am gauging that according to you Messi has never done anything off the field that can be criticised and has never ever played badly on the field?

btw your still dodging my question

is Messi's game time an easy thing for a coach to manage?

7. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you expect me to answer every question when you don't answer my original question? My original question wasn't specific to you criticizing Messi's time management on the field. You always criticized Messi when you can, my question was why? I think you get it but trying to divert the discussion since Messi is almost a God figure for Barcelona and you don't want to find yourself against the popular opinion.

I have never met any Barcelona fan (online, offline) who is so much in love with Lucho and dislikes Messi. Seriously, you are an exception.

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More evidence there was a pressure from the senior players on Lucho to change tactics.

Busquets and Iniesta's demands to change the system after the game against PSG made Luis Enrique understand that it was necessary. [MD]

Forzabarca repped this.
  9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    my answer is why not?

if there is something I consider worthy of criticism ill do it..if I think he played badly ill say it...I was not aware this was not allowed

your upset because I believe Messi played like crap vs PSG?

where have I said I dont like Messi? I can like something and also criticise it. I assumed you like FCB yet you criticise the club. I dont assumed you dislike the club because of this

I think coaches get blamed for Messi playing so much, when the answer is that he is a hard player to manage playing time wise....is this incorrect?

10. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One thing to criticize someone's bad performance but you are doing it often and secondly when the same player deserve a praise you never do especially when it comes to Messi who is single-handedly is dragging this team in the league and now we are competing again despite those chit tactics/formations and subs from your beloved coach. Which make me think you are twisted about Messi and have your own dark motives.

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    The irony of not giving someone their due when they do something right is not lost on you?

Have you ever praised the coach who has been in charge of a treble and a double in any of his 3 season? Remember he started the season with 5 our of 6 trophies in the bag...but the general vibe from your comments is that these have nothing to do with him at all. Yet when we lose it has everything to do with the coach. Extremes are never good

And don't worry I have given messi plenty of praise in the past and I truly believe he is the best player of the modern era but I have also seen him have less than ideal games in important matches (impossible to perform everytime as you are probably aware)

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Just to put this discussion to an end!

Q: Could any other coach do what Lucho did?
    A: Yes

Q: Could any other player do what Messi does?
    A: No

Done, now get on with it!

illusion repped this.
  14. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't care what do you believe, your actions speak louder with your cheap shots at Messi in every opportunity.
    Lucho? Did he win any trophies with Roma and Celta? No. Sampaoli is taking an average side like Sevilla to compete with Barcelona and Real. Simeone took a mid table team like ATM to win the league and reach UCL final twice. Those are coaches above any player in their teams. Without Messi, Lucho is another brick in the wall.

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This guy is hating Messi more now since he thinks Messi is the reason why his idol is leaving. I had enough with his cheap shots at Messi.

16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    #116 condor11, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Yep you just confirmed what I believed..

Just another raging poster who truly truly believes he is never ever wrong

How hard is it to give our coach some praise...? Just a little bit of credit..come on it won't hurt too much I promise

I have no idea what simeone and Sampaoli have to do with giving some praise to Lucho. :confused: I am well aware he is not the best coach in the world

BTW since your holding Roma and celta against Lucho then I hold sporting Cristal against Sampaoli...see how that works?

And finally will you answer the question...is managing Messi's game time an easy task for a coach???

Stop avoiding such an easy yes or no question

17. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    When the he'll did I say messi is the reason Lucho is leaving?

The job is the reason he is leaving

The same job that burned Pep out

Get a grip on reality

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Answer to 1 is not a definite yes

since Tata could not do it

19. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I never meant anyone as in anyone but any one except Lucho and then it's a definite yes. Tata didn't do it cause Messi was sleeping, waking about that season saving himself for the world cup and probably the only season he deserved to get shit for not prioritizing Barca. That season I wanted him sold actually.

Lucho just won treble cause Messi stepped up not cause Luchos endless rotating and tinkering with lineups every game gave results. Lucho deserves praise, sure but it's not like he did a Ranieri. MSN doing most of the work and they can't do their job unless Lucho stops messing about with mediocre lineups who ruin the spine of the team. I mean Sergio Craperto and Shitmes ruined this season, if they weren't in the team I guarantee Barca wouldn't have been so shitty now and then, and that's on Lucho for playing them even if they were not the best choice. ******** now I hope PSG trash Barca just to see Lucho fired and not even get to finish the season. Jesus christ!

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If you think any coach could achieve what Lucho has done at Barca, how long is your list of people (animals?) who could equal Pep's achievements at Bayern and Man City?

Look another Bundesliga title for Bayern Berni: :thumbsup:

BayernMascot.jpg

unclesox and condor11 repped this.
  21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Umm ok

Just to clarify...you want Barcelona to get trashed? :eek:

Despite the fact Lucho will be going regardless??

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yeah I want him gone yesterday. Him and you pissed me off now [emoji23] [emoji35]

Him leaving has boosted the team imo, as long as he doesn't play ********ed up lineups with below average players in wrong positions. I think most players are relieved he's leaving.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I fimd it bizarre to want your team to be trashed...that's insane

Like they were relieved when Pep left?

Neymar said he was sad...he also said this is his best season

24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Well they got trashed before thanks to Lucho so doesn't matter what I say or think or wish. Lucho singlehandedly gave PSG the whip and they destroyed and humiliated Barca... Lucko with his tactics and lineups.. Jeee! I wouldn't be surprised if PSG win again especially when Shitmes suddenly gets to play.

Pep was done too, he couldn't take the pressure. Too weak imo.

25. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Very true.

Lucho's three seasons at Barca is probably above average.
    Rijkaard's five seasons as Mister is the second longest tenure in the club's history. Second only to Cruyff's eight years.
    Pep put in four years and you call him "weak"?!
    The daily pressure that comes from the media and club members when the club goes two matches without victory cannot be overstated. It's a big reason why FC Barcelona is regarded as a big club and with that label comes ridiculous expectations.
    Sampaoli has done a very good job so far with Sevilla and most everyone would like to see him at Barca but is it known that he himself is willing to take over the hot seat at Camp Nou? 'Tis a mighty task for anyone who has the jewels to accept the challenge.

condor11 repped this.