PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 23 - FC Barcelona v. Leganes - 19 February 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    who takes over?

his assistant?

word is that Messi wants Berrizzo as the next coach

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Doesn't matter atm, anyone but Lucho, he's a poison atm, it's obvious and clear for everyone. He's done too much harm and it doesn't look like it's going to get better. But it takes balls to fire him and Bart is weak, as compared to Perez.

4. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have hear Gomez was playing :) the worst player ever
    Also you got gifted a penalty? C c c

5. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a one-man show. I feel sorry for him as he had a solid season so far but the team and to be more precise the management have failed him. With a good team and a decent manager, this best player in the history could have won UCL back to back and more. We will regret those wasted years when he retires because a player like Messi is once in a lifetime.

Now watch Real winning the league, possibly the UCL and that old crippled Ronaldo who will have only 1 or 2 brilliant games will claim he is the best again.

Forzabarca repped this.
  6. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    CR7 so far only has 1 la liga title - this year would be his second one (more than likely)

pretty sure when all is said and done Messi will be considered greater than Cristiano, regardless of the titles he ends up winning

you could argue the best time for this club to win back to back CL titles was during the Pep years, when we were clearly the best team around but we fell short twice in SFs (to inferior teams)

8. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    I cant believe that kind of midfield that he puts

9. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    CR has also 3 UCL titles and close to getting his 4th plus a prestigious NT trophy UEFA Euro 2016. Messi will never win any NT trophy with the current team and coach. Tomato, tomato so there will be always some people who will compare them and it's quite unfair.

Pep's team fell short twice in UCL due to extremely bad luck, weather and ref decisions. It was unjust and cruel but has nothing to do with the team performance which was out of this world. I'm certain that if Pep had continued with Barcelona he could have won it at least 2 or 3 more times out of 5.

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#60 Forzabarca, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
    Couldn't agree more and this is what I've been saying for a long long time, wasted opportunities. All elements have been there except a board capable of taking this once in a lifetime opportunity to truly becoming the best club in the world. Looking at the players the team have had and what they were capable of, to me it's shame they haven't won even more trophies, I know it's been more than usual but it still could be more, especially with these talents. Instead people throw old stats and shit around to convince you that you're spoiled and should be happy with what the club has gotten.

Messi is not here for his own glory, he has helped the club to achieve alot and the club has done the same for him but now the club has let him and squad down with their lack of action and determination. They are more worried to rebuild camp nou so more people can come and watch when Barca fight for Europa League place.

afar, puyol and illusion repped this.
  11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I get the feeling that the Pep and players (certain players) working relationship had reached breaking point

Dhajj repped this.
  12. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    comparing cr7 to messi is one of the most stupid thing in history of sport

afar and Rattlehead repped this.
  14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    It's also one of the most common sports conversations around

MavadoDribblez repped this.
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His demeanor after the first goal wasn't that much different.

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Nothing good will come out of this. If Messi is acting like that on the pitch, even when scoring two goals, then you can only expect things to get worse. It's time for Bart to do something or Barca will be fighting for a CL spot. There is no idea in trying to keep face with BS, it will all stink later anyways. Just get on with it..

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So it based on team thropy ? Maldini trumps both of them then.

18. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not that he relevant to the discussion as you took that part out of context but Messi won more team trophies than Maldini and by the time Messi retires it won't be even close!