La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We don't have a Nacho or Lucas Vazquez in attack though. Mayoral didn't pan out, and it doesn't seem like Castilla has anyone ready to step up. Those players don't come around every year, Morata was that for us and we made a loooot of money off of him.

Morata got 1600 minutes in his last season here, and we all thought he should've gotten some more too.

Here's where I don't agree. Our finances are looking good, we haven't spent in ages, and when we can spend 40M on 17 year olds who may or may not work out, why not spend the same on a proven striker to address an obvious need. I legitimately think missing a CF signing could cost us La Liga again, relying on Ronaldo for goals alone already cost us this just last season.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It appears Beckham's Miami team will be called Inter Miami with pink and black colors

I like it!

Horsehead repped this.
  3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Does Beckham own all tights to this team? Or is this just a branding thing?

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a group of investors but the new franchise can be activated only because it was included in Beckham's contract when he left Real Madrid for the LA Galaxy. In other words, in the terms it stated he can purchase a new franchise for only 25 million. At the time, the league was only just beginning so getting Beckham boosted its legitimacy. Now, new teams are purchased for 20 times that amount. However, he did gather a group of investors to pay for all the other costs like the stadium. I don't believe he will be the majority owner, but yes they will brand him to attract players.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good points, seems logical to me, if that player is out there who we can get for that kind of money, I definitely agree a striker is needed.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    KDB injured his knee and could be out for 3 months.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I wonder if being rushed back aided in the breakdown.

Anyways, I can't wait to hear Pep complain about how unfair it is he can't replace a key player and how he's at a disadvantage because they just don't have the bodies and quality available.

Yeh.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Possible list of excuses:
    - Transfer window ended earlier in England than every where else.
    - City had most players at WC
    - Real Madrid bought a 16 year old for 40M

PigBenis, Glide84, Shay Z and 8 others repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That looks ********ing horrible and i'm not a fan of the name either. Inter Miami just sounds bad,.

temesgen, Glide84 and Shay Z repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you think Miami or Miami Vice, you probably think of pink as a color. Most buildings in South Beach are pink.

Likewise, i like Internacional as a name because Miami is a minority community city. South Americans, Caribbean folks make up the population and of course the tourism from abroad is big. I think the name is apt. Plus theres like 4 teams in MLS called United but none are called Inter

Horsehead, S1na, rrrrrafik and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wasn't talking about the color per se, the logo overall is horrible for my taste.

Inter Miami, meh, it just sounds bad despite the relation to the population. Would have preferred something more original.

12. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Pep knows that rules changed for the winter mercato.

He can spend 200ME in december, and register them all for CL.

Joke asides, I expect a way bigger winter mercato than any previous year because of amended rules. Not being able to register players in CL/EL if they already played games with another club was imo making many big clubs less interested in the winter window, forcing them to do most of their purchases in the summer.

I think the winter mercato might just be as big as in the summer now.

13. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Wouldnt be surprised if that cokehead brings up Ramas as well while whining. This is the guy who was talking about referee favouring Madrid in 16-17 Bayern-Madrid tie right after his team got knocked out by Liverpool.

"We need to do more to protect players who want to play football. In UCL final Ramos prevented Salah from playing football. Such incidents are not good for football...." - Coke Guardiola.

Shay Z repped this.
  14. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I actually like the colours but agreed on the name, it sounds terrible. Even just Miami FC sounds better.

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The name is really bad. As is the badge.

FC Miami. Or Miami FC. what’s wrong with it?

The logo should be a mound of cocaine. J/k j/k

16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #10641 meringues, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Few things on Earth (eg Griezmann) are more cringey and contrived than US teams borrowing European club names for no apparent reason. I can't bring myself to watch a league with team names like "Real Salt Lake" (what is royal about this club?) and "Atlanta United" (who united with who?).

With that said I think "Inter Miami" is not nearly as bad as those examples.

madridista_hr and Shay Z repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #10642 robnycus, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    And where does it say these names are European?
    There is an Internacional in Brazil as well, a very old team .

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #10644 Saeta Rubia, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Javier Tebas states: "If the NBA or the NFL play games outside their environment or their countries, why not the Spanish League? It is important to develop our brand. It is among our short- or medium-term objectives to bring a game of the Spanish League every year to the United States. "

"It would never be organized against the interests of the participants. We would see which teams can agree. And what compensations and communication strategies would be carried out. We have changed many things in the last four years, some with a lot of response. Then it was seen that it was ideal. In order to grow as an industry, we do not decide things for what they will say "

EL Pais say match could involve RM or Barca.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Honestly, no idea what that will do for La Liga, hosting one game per year in the US.

Not to mention the clubs future fixtures in competetions such as Champions League / Europa / Club World Cup in terms of travelling times and rest.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why the hell clubs agreed to this???

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Washington Post says they will probably play a liga game in Miami! I love my city!

The NFL plays a few games every season in England. The NBA is playing games in Mexico and Puerto Rico. It's all good marketing. Spread the brand beyond national borders and these leagues get more followers, viewers, merchandise sales, etc. There's only so much marketing they can already do from Spain. Preseason tours are nice but meaningful games have even more potential.

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and robnycus repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Miami is nice but I hope they come here first :) I am only 30mins from Giants stadium.
    These teams are greedy.. the also agreed to the proposed 24 team FiFA world cup for clubs.. which was being discussed last Season.

RMSocrates, MerlinRM and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Honestly, I don't mind this much. We are depending on middle East for major sponsorships, but that's getting complicated with Qatar and City owners buying many firms. Look at our IPIC deal for Bernabeu which was cancelled after City owners took over IPIC.

Fly paying us 70 ME per year. Who knows when will they buy a European club as well and then stop sponsoring rivals. Utd got the shirt sponsorship deal with Chevrolet for 63 ME in 2013. We have had Microsoft as a supporting sponsor for some years. If we start playing in US, firms there will see it as an opportunity to directly promote there using a global brand like RM.

Some suggested CDR final maybe a better idea as it's supposed to be on nuetral venue anyways. But Spanish FA controls it and not LFP. Tebas has done a decent job trying to expand La Liga's reach since he took over. Compared to zero effort before him. I don't even remember who LFP president was until Tebas took over.

25. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018

I think organizing Copa Del Rey games would have been much ideal. Make it a single leg matches. League games I dont know how its going to work, playing in home stadiums is a big advantage.