La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol wow he did not hold back

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Good for him. What happened to him is just absolute nonsense.

Shay Z, CR7PT, Stiliyan and 5 others repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not surprised in the slightest.

Whenever any press talks about Ozil, they always bring up his Turkish ancestry. They talk about it so much as if to always differentiate him from the pack. If im annoyed by it, i can't imagine how Ozil must feel about it. That German FA is littered with anti immigration sentiment.

Ozil has done so much at the international level. I hope those ungrateful bastards lose their jobs over this.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, CR7PT and 9 others repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #9830 janos audron, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Wasnt this the result of him posing with Erdogan - the new Turkish Sultan?

Clearly Ozil does not want to end like Hakan Sukur...:ninja:

6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Never heard of this English crap player. This is why the market is messed up, players are going for too much because the premier league teams are buying crap !!!

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm no fan of Erdogan but does him posing with a president warrant him and his family to receive abuse?

Stiliyan and Eddie repped this.
  8. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Germany have got tons of immigrants now, if they are not happy, that’s Merkels problem

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It should not warrant abuse. But it should warrant criticism considering he is making a political statement and giving support to a regime which is dismantling secular Turkey. The irony, right?

surgeon, MerlinRM and S1na repped this.
  10. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Yeah the irony, because Turkey is far from being perfect. very far even.

11. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Neymar didn't talk for months about PSG when medias asked him, now he can't stop.

He said he's very happy at PSG, and that he will give it all to win the CL with them. (Brazilian medias, after his 5vs5 game event)

12. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    So why was everyone quit when Messi took a picture with Netanyahu? It’s the same thing, but no one said a damn thing. They should leave sports and politics seperated and criticize Ozil for his performance in the WC, not with something in his personal life.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Criticism? Well let's criticise every person we see shaking the hand of Trump

xmaje, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    According to him he was not making a political statement he was just being polite to a President.

The only irony I see is the same people abusing him for being different are doing so because he took a picture with a person with their same mindset.

Ayayain repped this.
  15. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    All that is true too guys.

In the US, I heard it can be really rough when you dare to say Trump did "one good thing", even if you say afterwards you disapprove everything else, approving once with him is like you are a traitor in the eyes of many.

I don't live there myself though, but if true, imagine a person just shaking hands because being polite.

When I say that it is true, I mean that often the ones that defend a cause - let's say racism for example - they can be very intolerant with those that say something that they don't believe in even if it is something considered rational by many.

For example, if you dare to say that your country can't take in every poor people of the planet when your own country has already millions of poor people that the state can't help properly + a national debt that is already through the roof - or even through the sky at this point - then some people will come at you raging that you are a close to a monster for saying that, and will put you in the racist bag for life.

16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #9841 janos audron, Jul 22, 2018
    You make it sound as if you arent already doing that. Which is fine as long as it includes criticism and argument, and is void of physical and verbal abuse. You know, because the latter does not cover the term "criticism".

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #9842 janos audron, Jul 22, 2018
    Maybe according to him it was not political. But hey, football players regardless of identity often are not exactly "creme de la creme" of intellectual capacity.

Who are the people? In case of nationalist cretins who have a problem with Germans of Turkish descent i fully agree. But people who are free of prejudice and actually offer constructive criticism? Ozil did not just took a picture. According to his own words he offered respect to the highest office of his family`s country. Considering we are talking about Erdogan and specific politics, that is a powerful statement to make. For me as former Ozil fanboy prior to his departure from Madrid, i find that highly disappointing.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't care about Erdogan but i have MANY friends who live in Turkey and they are crazy about him, i can't understand them but it's their choice. In the end, it's just a picture...

Also, if it was Putin no one would say a word about it.

YOUNGSTARS87, Serengeti_Boy and HZinho repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Özil was a scapegoat for a completely incompetent DFB.

[​IMG]

Germany has more businesses and state investments in Turkey than Özil averages goals per season. Die WELT (who heavily ciritized Özil, and who's journalist was arrested and remained in custody for over 200 days), ran multiple full page adds for Tourism in Turkey, paid by the turkish state department of tourism.

Özil did the right thing, and his statement blows out tons of influential people and how they even got there. If Grindel stays in his seat after all of this, it really shows that the DFB is a joke.

PigBenis, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 11 others repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Feel bad for Ozil.

DFB is a mess

Lyra repped this.
  21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I agree. Without any doubt American athlete of Russian background, who would pose with Putin and say:"giving respect to the highest office of my family`s country", alongside a friend who would give a jersey to Putin saying:"to my president" would not produce a single peep in America!

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That's because this country has racist and ignorant insensitive idiots as well.

Well.. they are sensitive to everything regarding them.

The fact you're defending this? Smh

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I am defending justifiable criticism. I denounce nationalist cretins with prejudice towards Germans of foreign descent! That are facts.Being "cute" with Erdogan does not score points in my book. Sorry.

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Let put it this way. Muller is a donkey, while Ozil was thoroughbred expected to pull Germany to another glory. But he failed miserably. He played like shit. But to put emphasis on Turkish descent is highly moronic. In reality his character is suspect. Him choosing Arsenal is perfect example of that. Just went down hill after that.

Raumdeuter repped this.