La Gran Final de la Copa America Centenario Argentina Vs Chile June 26th [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jun 23, 2016.

1. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Aww man.. I'm Loving this match.. what about you guys? well.. I know Argentina and Chile fans aren't having fun. But as a neutral, this match is the Bees Knees!! Baby! Boo ya ;)

2. Cariverplate246

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pipittaa!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This referee is a real JOKER! I LOVE IT!! :laugh: :D

4. Cariverplate246

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I honestly think di maria needs to get subbed out... Put in lamela

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you honestly think that Diaz deserved a second yellow for that? Messi ran into him, shouldn't even be a foul.

posteador and duality72 repped this.
  6. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I thought the match, before it boiled over at least, was a high calibre contest between two teams cancelling each other out.

But tactically and territorially Argentina had the advantage. Chile had done to them what they did to Mexico, being pressed back, unable to pass out of defence, having too boot it out. Jara, Isla, Diaz not having/had great games. Vargas had to run back about 40 yards to get what, in injury time, was his first meaningful touch in the half. I don't recall a decent shot or chance from Chile.

Some nerves out there. Higuain's miss, Sanchez poor touches not at his level of the previous games. Messi not quite imposed himself on the game. Di Maria does not look sharp. Vidal has been the best player for me so far, a really cool head on the ball under pressure, waits his moment, finds his pass. It's funny how hot headed players that don't seem

I thought both the red cards were a bit dodgy (in the case of the second, there might be an argument on it being a red card due to the letter of the law about a tackle from behind) but I'm sort of glad the second happened.

A shame how it's become a contest of who can convince the ref to give the most yellow/red cards to the opponent. Lack of class from the footballers. Then again, when is there a situation in football where in a high stakes game there are lots of arguments, bad tackles, and so on, and all the players react in a classy way and cool it down. Footballers are not classy, period.

posteador and Pipiolo repped this.
  7. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    Somebody explain to Lalas this thing called "Obstruction"? You cannot stand your goddam ground, stupid. And why do we have to put up with that piece of trash every time there's a tournament?

8. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I am not going to be too harsh on the ref. I don't think I could do any better. Is it really any surprise that refs are poor in football when they don't get the pay, the respect, the support, the chance to see replays. It is the culture of football and the lack of support from organizing bodies and managers and players that means - who would want to be a ref? Lots of good refs out there have sensibly chosen another sport or another career entirely rather put up with football. It's not made an attractive position, so it won't attract the best candidates.

I think he has done OK to keep his authority albeit with some questionable decisions. He doesn't get to see the replays. How made of you called the red cards as BS straight away? Or did you wait to see the replay?

9. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    haha, Diaz made two clear-as-day tactical fouls and people here say he didn't deserve a yellow pfff

10. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Now that i saw it via highlight. I take it back he doesn't.

posteador and BlueDamian repped this.
  11. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    I bet you don't see something like this at the "sanitized for your convenience" Euro.

:D

BlueDamian repped this.
  12. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ref blows. Destroyed the match.

13. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two awful send offs, this referee is the worst choice for the match. Mediocre game so far, too much theatrics and not enough football.

posteador repped this.
  14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ref ruined the game. Neither was red . Rojo didnt deserve it and Díaz cant make himself see through.

15. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So how do you call it Messi running into Diaz or Diaz obstructing messi? If messi is so close to the Diaz what is diaz suppose to do?

16. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn bro.. Your Argentino, so watching this game, is not fun for you.. it's not fun for Chile fans either.

17. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Does anyone remember Germany vs Holland 1990. The 10 vs 10 spiced up the match nicely. One of those second halfs please, plenty of space and action.

BlueDamian repped this.
  18. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  19. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    no subs at half time?

20. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nope.. I was born in 93.. so I don't remember

21. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    can you picture this going 0-0 and have another 30mins with this ref?

22. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    i say both coaches get sent off this half

23. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Mascherano at the back seems like such a waste to me...

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Good decision for not giving a yellow there. Would make the game a little uglier than it already is.