Alert: KSA vs Iran - WC 2010 Qualifier - Leg 2 in Tehran

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Nov 20, 2008.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Dear Guys,

I was reviewing all the matches (goals) so far in Iran's matches and my analysis is as under:

1. Iran's right back is weak (slow) as compared to Left back and the centre back.
    2. Irani goalie has conceded all the goals on his right side, his weakest area where he seems to be lacking technique .... the goal scored by Saudia against Iran, North Korea against Iran and UAE against Iran, all are on his rigth side.
    3. The goals that the Irani goal keeper conceded are either a looping header towards his right side on the far end of the goal post OR a low driven (ground-level) stong shot again, towards his right side on the far end of the goal post.
    4. The goal keeper is strong in the center and on his left hand side.

The Iranian forwards always give a looping airear ball in or near the six yard box for the forwards to score.
    So far, majority of the goals scored by the Iranian forwards in this qualifying campaign is from the left wing i.e., the centre or the right wing crosses the ball into the six yard box or near it and the left or some player coming in from the left in position runs towards the ball and try to shot on the goal for the goal or heads towards the goal with the other team goalie stranded on "his" left side of the goal post where the cross towards the center or his (goalie's) "right" is made.

All the goals that KSA has conceded so far i.e., one against Iran and 1 against Korea are on the right back i.e., Saudi goalie's right hand side where the defence is usually at fault e.g., Korea's first goal which should have had been either stopped or cleared by the Saudi defence, Iran's goal against KSA where there was no one on the far end goal post i.e., Goalie's right hand side to either head the ball towards safety or stop it from entering the goal post.

You can also view the analysis of North Korean team on the other thread.

P.S. I've viewed all the games of North Korea and Iran on youtube so my analysis is done after seeing the goals scored by these two teams in their respective matches.

2. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Good job Hammad!

Also to get the job done

• you need all the best players.
    • Nasser al Johar should not be fired. (since he is familiar with the players)

3. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Agreed.

Let's the FA see into this matter in a professional manner.

4. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This match is 5 months away. The NT has at least 5 matches before then. Let's get back to talking about club football for the time being (there's going to be like 6 or 7 rounds before the Gulf Cup :D).

5. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Like Sayf said this match is too far away to start contemplating...many things can happen. Maybe by then Barak Obama will have bombed Iran and they just forfeit, lol.

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    LOL............. Never saw that coming.

The chances of that happening is too slim. Could have happened if Bush was there.

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Don't expect / aim for a Saudi win in this match ....

Now, focus on how not to get a draw in this match like South Korea have done so ....

Frankly, I feel & predict (and I am Sure) Saudi Arabia will lose this match 95% and there's only 5% chance of not a win but a draw i.e., only if Iran plays bad.

Saudis are in big shit now and they are themselves to blame for.

If Saudia manages to get a draw against Iran then Saudia can finish 3rd in the group provided that they win all the home games and get a draw at least against South Korea.....

Frankly, the standard of Saudi Soccer has declined after 1996 and the team is only dependent upon 1 or 2 players otherwise, it's hopeless scenario.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Perhaps the 5 month interval is a good thing for Saudi Arabia. It will allow the players to digest the defeat at Pyongyang and perhaps allow the FA to hire a new coach, preferably one already in the Saudi league like Calderon.

I don't see this as an impossible task. Iran hasn't been as dominant at the Azadi as they have been in the past. I think we can force a draw like South Korea.

9. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    OPEN YOUR EYES BRO .... THE MATCH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER .... IT'S NOT AFTER 5 MONTHS, IT'S ON 28 MARCH 2009 .... I HOPE I HAVE AWAKEN YOU FROM YOUR DEEP SLEEP OF 5 MONTHS :p

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv8Ao_zph4"]YouTube - Iran - Syria (WCQ) First Half Highlights (www.IranGoals.com)[/ame]

See how well Syria played against Iran during their first meeting at Azadi in the 3rd Round of the qualifier.

Saudis should learn some thing from it.

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Iran's players and fans are naturally more motivated against us than against Syria. It's not a fair comparison.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    when will yasser and malek muaz play together in wcq...and we have a very less gap..the match in on 28th march...ask saudi fa to arrange a friendly against syria or bahrain and be happy with that win...saudiis need to have a big lecture like given by prince sultan after qatar match..it think dats the only solution or bring calderon as coach

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    thailand will also work

14. I am Iranian

I am Iranian New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Sayf you are right..

We in general are motivated against the traditional powerhouses
    Also, March 28 is a few days after the Iranian New Year Eid, hence many places are closed so you can expect quite a few people to show up to the stadium

Also doesn't help that the game is on a Saturday

15. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If we play for a draw we will lose

16. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, and our best player is suspended. The only thing going for us is that our team's poor results might make your players complacent :D.

17. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Playeres that I think should there

Noor
    Marsahdi
    Moaz
    Autef abdoh
    Shalhoub
    Kariri
    Aziz...

18. arash

arash Member

Nov 1, 2004

Its a do or die match for both team's unfortunately my friend...

Also on a side note, seems like Team Melli fans will be pushing Ali Daei for a Ali Karimi return to the national team come this game...
    Ali Karimi has been missed since his retirement a few months ago..
    Retiring only at the age of 30...

19. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I would bring back Mohammed Al-Deayea. Actually, I would have brought him back since the first Iran game.

I still think Abdoh Otaif has nothing to offer.

It's really simple; all this bozo had to do was take the teamsheet from the last Gulf Cup and insert Mohammad Noor in place of Al-Fraidi and a new striker in place of Malek. That's all he had to do. No rocket science. Instead, he decided to invent a new formation that no one has ever seen before.

20. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I agree on alot of this, except for abdoh not being able to offer anything. DID you watch the last 15 minute of the Korea game? He was great.

I would love to see abulrahman al-qhatani back as well.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    why could they not bring naji majrishi in the squad..he is far better then ryan bilal and hassen raheb

22. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Politics dude...Shabab is not really the team who has lots of funs, so rather get a nasrawi to please the nasrawis.

23. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Now i really miss al harthi, he could have played besides yasser in yesterday's match! I also think that ahmad al mousa should be given a chance.
    BTW does anyone know when al harthi will come back from the injury?

24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I just hope the best for saad. This team really has a deep pool of talented forwards, but unforuntaly has an extremly stupid coach and FA.

25. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    i dont know why he was only relying on yasser, while he has talented forwards like shamrani.