"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Left up to some we would have had Llorente , Ceballos midfield a long time ago and gotten rid of Toni and Casemiro, the ones that don’t play are always better the grass is always greener Toni only passes sideways, Casemiro is dumb and all that stuff .............. even though the whole team dropped their level, so far some decent decisions were made in keeping these players

Anon. and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I was on the llorente train, didn’t think Casimero was dumb but I certainly didn’t rate his on the ball game, I gave up on Toni despite recognizing his quality because I thought he simply didn’t care anymore and was irredeemable, I’m glad to have been wrong on all counts, although I still think LLorente is very talented but talent alone isn’t enough sometimes.
    I 100% supported Zidane’s effort to get the best out of them again though and it looks like it’s paying off.

I believe Kroos was always the tempo setter, Modric was more of a .......play driver, he worked on both side of the ball and carried the ball to ease our transitions.

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Zidane also had some nice words to say about him as did Perez.

Eddie, HZinho, MiamiNative0722 and 4 others repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We are lucky that he has recovered. So lucky.

Eddie repped this.
  7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cris 09, Lyra, 2Magia2 and 4 others repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anon., madridista_hr and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [emoji146] IMG_20200110_215106.jpg

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Digital, Drouchk and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You must feel vindicated, there was a point when we were all trashing Kroos except you lol.

Lyra repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Always a quality player, still mystified by the people who think he just passes the ball 2ft sideways all the time, never understood that view

Lyra and Bear Crotch repped this.
  15. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair he was shit for the better part of 2 seasons but he is absolutely back with a vengeance. The quality was never in question, but the determination was.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Blind support isn't praiseworthy

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Completely agree, but the idea that he only passed the ball sideways and did nothing else, preceded the slump, occurred during it, and for some probably still continues today

18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I agree though i believe Lyra also thought getting rid of Kroos would be a mistake, she gets credit for that.

Yea i didn't understand that either, i thought he just couldnt be motivated anymore though glad he's proven me wrong on that front.

Lyra repped this.
  19. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was bad last season. Really bad. He showed no fighting spirit, no urgency, no passion.
    He was one of our worst players last season.
    He turned things around big time this season.

edit: so yes, last year it appeared that he did was pass the ball sideways. Most of the time at least.

Stiliyan repped this.
  20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Toni Kroos was born in East Germany when it was still GDR. He was born after the Berlin Wall has fallen, but GDR still existed for another 8 months after his birth. So he was the last ever star footballer from GDR.... he was also the only GDR born player ever won the World Cup.

It is just fun fact.

yoanaidarov, Lyra and Drouchk repped this.
  21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Always believed in him [emoji4] So glad the team and manager did as well, even through the darker times of last season.

Digital and Drouchk repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even while he was a rising star for Germany, Bayern a lot of people gave him the name "Schubkarre-Toni" saying theyd load him on a cart themselves and drive him to whatever team he wants to play for as long as its not bayern.

You can find articles from that time where people called him lethargic, overtly conservative and a stat paddler via back/sideways passes.

For me Kroos is a player that elevates a good team, but he's not the player you drop into a bad team and he makes it great.

For me he's one of the greatest athletes Germany has produced in the past few decades. Superb professional and an excellent role model.

Drouchk, Umar, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It was easy to see how special he was when we played them in the CL. He was one of the most threatening players for Bayern. It's funny to look back on that and see that the CL match was an audition.

Drouchk, Lyra and Digital repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ceballos: “There is no one else in the world who understands association football better than Toni Kroos. Top!”

Lyra, Drouchk and Digital repped this.