"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Prit Javier repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love it.

petros93 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't mind him staying but why give him an extension at this very moment? What kind of message does that send to other players who performed poorly this season?

temesgen, meringues and Prit Javier repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That they have poor control over their own career.

Lyra repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol this is how you foolishly celebrated Bale staying last year. How sweet was that victory now?

You never learn.

Even though the intelligent move is to sell him now, I can only hope he gains his form back. I don't hate Kroos, I was one of the main ones demanding we replace Xabi Alonso with him. He just hasn't performed well on a consistent basis for some time now.

Anyways I know now days you don't care if we lose, you'd rather keep the players you identify with and hope Zidane fails so you can feel good about being "right".

Kroosinator repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Quick reminder that Zidane told Toni Kroos that he hasn't even peaked yet when he was celebrating his last birthday and that his best years will be when he's over 30.

This has Zidane written all over it.

Ahmadi8, eran bar-levi and Lyra repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol haters throwing hissy fits now
    Good decision by the board.

8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

9. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    He should be able to find motivation after the season we just had. If so all is good, but if not we'll have a disinterested sideways passer who doesn't like to run and it's going to be a disaster.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sideways passer with most created chances in what has been his worst season lol

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Kroos: “if it worries me about Pogba’s rumors?
    I like Pogba as a player. If I play at my level I have no problems to play.”

12. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    What's a key pass? You mean passing the ball to the fullback on the wing so that he crosses into the box and creates a "chance"?

Genius. Sign him up.

Some of you guys and your stats make me laugh. Watch the matches attentively instead of multi-tasking with your twitter feeds or whatever you do. LMAO

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, that's a wrong definition.and even if it were as you think, he wouldn't possibly be at the top of that stat with a pass to fullback in each of those occasions. Give it up. If this was Pogba you guys would be talking about it nonstop like he's some sort of creative outlet

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is not a key pass
    A key pass is a pass that leads to someone taking a shot on goal.
    He takes the indirect free kicks and most corners so his key pass numbers will always be one of the best

I am ok with keeping Kroos because form is temporary but class is permanent and now with Pogba coming in or Eriksen, if he gets lazy he’ll hit the bench.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1130450206590480389 is not a valid tweet id

He'll retire in Madrid

16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If Kroos can maintain the level of commitment he’s had the last couple of games ( he’s tracked back more in these couple of weeks than he did all season) then I’m fine with this and I’m sure Zidane wouldn’t allow him to stay if he didn’t think he could get him back to his best level.

In any case Zidane should always get to make these kind of calls ( some of us are consistent enough to maintain that position across board), whether that affects your favorite player positively or negatively, he should be given the freedom to carry on his project as he sees fit.

YOUNGSTARS87 and rrrrrafik repped this.
  17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1130392688350699522 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sweet.

19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1130455940493393925 is not a valid tweet id

IMG_20190520_091339.jpg

Digital and Drouchk repped this.
  20. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been saying this for years, not surprising indeed. Superb player, glad he'll have the opportunity to retire at Real Madrid. Hopefully he can get back to his absolute best next season!

PigBenis, Shay Z, Doni and 2 others repped this.
  21. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    @Lyra you need to stop fapping over Kroos' long balls. Seriously. How many photos of Kroos are you gonna post? LMAO

Look, I do this weird thing, i know, it's crazy but I actually watch all the matches attentively. Wow weird I know right!

Doing this i have come to the conclusion that Kroos has had his worst season. A conclusion that even Kroos agrees with and 80% of Marca readers in their latest polls want him out of Madrid.

Look, I'm not saying Kroos is not talented. He has been the best in the past but it is clear as day that his hunger is gone, his desire is gone, his belly is full and that is a microcosm of the main problems at this club.

It's not realistic to have him play in the line up anymore because the midfield becomes waaaay too unbalanced. Defensively he doesn't track back and jogs around the field. When you play with high fullbacks this is just not possible.

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    There is nothing you can do about it now.
    Kroos will improve or he will hit the bench.
    What both he and Modric need is top competition.. same with Marcelo.
    They need to know that if they dont perform they will hit the bench and the team will not suffer - they never had that.
    Modric needs to be slowly phased out.. he will either retire here of will be sold if a good offer is on the table.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need players like Kroos on the roster to succeed.

Ahmadi8, Digital and Lyra repped this.
  24. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Dude you need to pick a side. One day you're against ZZ rewarding his favourites and continuing with underperforming players and the next you are jumping for joy for this very reason.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos is 29 and a model professional. Plenty of gas in the tank. I'm glad we're keeping one of the better players.

Digital repped this.