"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Well, he's also the 6th highest top scorer in RM's history with a ratio better than many club legends.

So... we're gonna overlook the fact that Benzema was one of the best striker in the world under Mourinho & Benitez while being argubaly No.1 player after Lionel Messi himself as a F9 player when Ancelotti used to be in charge? Has done a great job as a SS/CAM under Zidane too.

2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    jesus, what are you? a benzema bot? its the Kroos thread...
    and benzema is pure crap in the last 2 seasons.

3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    First freekick taker next season?

FB_IMG_1531836371101.jpg

Romanero, PigBenis, robnycus and 4 others repped this.
  4. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

yoanaidarov repped this.
  5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    one of the things I will be looking for next season are the freekicks, no more of the CR blunder regardless if there's a better kicker.
    Bale (if he stays), Ramos, Marco, Modric and of course Kros.

6. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isco as well. Bale or Marco from the right, Kroos or Isco or Ramos or Modric from the left.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Guti and Roberto Carlos could share free kick duties, I think we can figure something out.

Also PK's were divided between Ronaldo and Figo, while R. Carlos and Raul also took some. I always thought that if a forward earns a PK he should get first right of refusal.

Anon. repped this.
  8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    1...2...3...:" Kroos zie white nationalist".

I predict a new book down the road from Ozil titled:"How racism fueled my departure from Madrid".

10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hmmm I've been critical of Ozil and his summer saga but I never trust someone who says racism doesn't exist. Its a very idyllic thought from someone who has never and will never face racism. He probably should have just given a no comment

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Meaning baby blue eyed blonde German should not express his opinion?

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #1512 YOUNGSTARS87, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    I always found it fascinating how someone who isn't experiencing oppression or prejudice tells the person who is feeling it... what they should be feeling or what they are actually experiencing.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Unexpected comment from Kroos.
    No racism in Germany.. yeah alright ..

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Kroos did not claim no racism in Germany. Nor did he tell Ozil what he should feel or not. He offered his opinion about situation and in return he is receiving rhetoric which is based purely on colour of his skin. The irony.

yoanaidarov and russian hattie repped this.
  15. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like he said that, lol.

There is a difference between isolated incidences of bigotry, racism, and something being institutionalised. It seems that what Kroos is getting at is the national team isn’t institutionally racist, which it isn’t.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I just can't relate when people say institutional racism is dead or doesn't exist. I don't know what world they live in but I want to join them there. Is there a racial problem in Germany or France, most people would say yes, then how can they say a football institution which is mostly run by not very highly educated people is above all that and isn't a fair representation of the culture and country it is a part of? There is a disconnect.

Toni Kroos put his opinion out there just like Mesut did who received a ton of shit for it. Kroos' opinion should and will receive the same scrutiny. I don't see anything wrong with it.

17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil directed most of his criticism to some dude called Grindel, who apparently has public comments criticizing the immigration integration effort and Turks specifically. Maybe there is some kind of institutional racism in the DFB, but it seems like Ozil mostly has problems with that Grindel guy.

Zidane05 repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    He did. But he also made a wider point about it using this dude's name. Grindel…. funny name.

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't say whether or not the NT has "institutionalized" racism, but Germany has a history of it and it's politics are currently trending in that direction. Probably best for Kroos to stay out of that conversation if possible, he can't possibly win here, its not like he can relate and say "yeah, I was forced out of Bayern because they wanted a more cosmopolitan squad and I was "too" German.

I think there is probably structural racism that is not overt or recognizably biased until, as stated above, you are the person for who it is a reality.

20. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im pretty much out of this discussion now, it frustrates me on both sides and on more than one level. I just want to say that I don’t see a racial disparity in the national side, I don’t see any evidence of racial discrimination, and this one incident (which is more political) is the first I’ve heard of an issue. If any evidence comes to light I’d accept that, but that is my reason for saying the national side does not have instituationalised racism. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist at all anywhere else, or that it couldn’t.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I know Kroos said the DFB and said racism does not exist there and we are all here wondering he knows this because?

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He took a twitter poll, and nobody from the federation selected "I am a racist"

Umar, Doni, Akramzizou and 4 others repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Made me spit my coffee out dude :D

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Being from East Germany Kroos has faced his share of prejudice himself.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Kroos has some balls to say "I am not Casemiro" in reaction to being asked about playing under Lopetegui.

He's right he isn't Casemiro.

He also hasn't been remotely consistent or even good at being a midfielder in a Madrid shirt the past 14 months.